Jude Bellingham | Confirmed Borussia Dortmund player

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He is young and talented. Probably the best teenager midfielder in England at the moment.
But you never know how young player turns out in future, If he is at reasonable price (say under 30m), why not give it a try.

croadyman

He is young and talented. Probably the best teenager midfielder in England at the moment.
But you never know how young player turns out in future, If he is at reasonable price (say under 30m), why not give it a try.
Yeah I would like us to sign him but there are much higher priorities first such as RW, AM/DM and making Ighalo permanent.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yeah I would like us to sign him but there are much higher priorities first such as RW, AM/DM and making Ighalo permanent.
Them being higher priorities is not a guarantee at all. Football isn’t all linear, priority depends on how good Bellingham actually is or can be.

He could be our number one priority for the summer.

His physical attributes for a 16 year old are frightening. He’s bullying seasoned Championship pros in the middle of the pitch!

Outstanding talent.

Flanders Devil

I haven’t watched him live, but based on the compilation, what was most impressive was that he often played the simple pass after beating 1 or 2 players with some skill/magic.

You often see players, esp you ones, after they beat a player just wanting to shoot or play a Hollywood pass. He seems to pick the right option even at 16/17.

Champagne Football

He's off to Dortmund. When it comes to Dortmund transfers, Bild are miles ahead of everyone else as they were also with the Haaland transfer, when all the English media were saying Haaland was but a certainty for Utd, while Bild were saying he has chosen his new club and it definitely wasn't Man Utd.

... BILD knows: Bellingham would like to move to Dortmund. Only his signature is missing. Nevertheless, he belongs in the category: almost certainly.

https://m.bild.de/sport/fussball/fu...um=&utm_content=post_title&wt_t=1585593215574

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Fair play to him but seems awfully young to be moving to Germany at 17 this summer.

I reckon he will be back in England within two seasons.

TheReligion

Abusive
He's off to Dortmund. When it comes to Dortmund transfers, Bild are miles ahead of everyone else as they were also with the Haaland transfer, when all the English media were saying Haaland was but a certainty for Utd, while Bild were saying he has chosen his new club and it definitely wasn't Man Utd.

... BILD knows: Bellingham would like to move to Dortmund. Only his signature is missing. Nevertheless, he belongs in the category: almost certainly.

https://m.bild.de/sport/fussball/fussball/bvb-watzke-ueber-transferstopp-so-ist-es-bei-bellingham-und-meunier-69708062.bildMobile.html###wt_ref=https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/comments/frscri/bild_the_transfers_from_england_highflyer_jude/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_title&wt_t=1585593215574
You'll have to convince me with more than that

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'd wait for Neil Moxley or James Nursey to confirm before believing Bild. Both journos are well connected to Birmingham City.

Moiraine

Would have been a bit embarrassing if he doesn’t end up here at United, given that Fergie also went to Carington Training Ground to talk to him...

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Would have been a bit embarrassing if he doesn’t end up here at United, given that Fergie also went to Carington Training Ground to talk to him...
How is that embarrassing ? We tried, he decided differently. Shit happens.

Get a thicker skin or realise that football might not be for you.

Moiraine

How is that embarrassing ? We tried, he decided differently. Shit happens.

Get a thicker skin or realise that football might not be for you.
You are going to decide that here over one comment ?
Stick to the topic and welcome to argue against my reservation, don’t get personal.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Birmingham won't get the type of compensation people expect if he goes abroad. Absolutely convinced of that.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
You mean financially?
Yes. The 30 million will never materialize. No way they'd let him sign a pro contract when they could have him for peanuts. They're willing to offer him a pay packet which the English clubs aren't willing to match. He won't get more game time there than at the other places.

UpWithRivers

Why do all the young players want to play for Dortmund. Good team and good at developing young players, I get it. But so are loads of other clubs. Maybe because they know they can move on relatively easily.

Champagne Football

Why do all the young players want to play for Dortmund. Good team and good at developing young players, I get it. But so are loads of other clubs. Maybe because they know they can move on relatively easily.
Probably lots of reasons. Dortmund can probably offer the best salary, a guarantee of starting every game, a guarantee of champions league football while challenging for silverware every season, a chance to play with some of the best young talent on the planet, a chance to experience a new culture and learn a new language, a chance to get completely away from unhealthy distractions and bad influences in England, a chance to be part of a young team that will play the likes of Madrid and Juventus each season while being able to give them a run for their money every time.

UpWithRivers

Probably lots of reasons. Dortmund can probably offer the best salary, a guarantee of starting every game, a guarantee of champions league football while challenging for silverware every season, a chance to play with some of the best young talent on the planet, a chance to experience a new culture and learn a new language, a chance to get completely away from unhealthy distractions and bad influences in England, a chance to be part of a young team that will play the likes of Madrid and Juventus each season while being able to give them a run for their money every time.
Well so can we. Cant we? Except the foreign country experience and possibly champions league football but we should get there. But still we have such a good history with developing young players - ask James how much playing time he gets. We have the highest paid wage bill. We have our name and history. We have the opportunity to play with top players. Plus at 16 playing in Manchester close to home surely has its benefits. There are pros and cons of each and I can see why choose Dortmund sometimes but it seems like they are now seen as the elite young player finishing school like Oxford or Cambridge for some reason and we are ..... Manchester University?

Champagne Football

Well so can we. Cant we? Except the foreign country experience and possibly champions league football but we should get there. But still we have such a good history with developing young players - ask James how much playing time he gets. We have the highest paid wage bill. We have our name and history. We have the opportunity to play with top players. Plus at 16 playing in Manchester close to home surely has its benefits. There are pros and cons of each and I can see why choose Dortmund sometimes but it seems like they are now seen as the elite young player finishing school like Oxford or Cambridge for some reason and we are ..... Manchester University?
True but we can't guarantee them that they'll start every game. Look at Brandon Williams, a brilliant prospect but Ole uses him sparingly in the right moments. Foden was a bigger talent than Sancho St City and he must be wondering if he's made a massive mistake by sticking around at City.
Dortmund probably offer them contract guarantees where they will start every game if they are fit enough to play.

TsuWave

Ferguson has never been infallible and has missed out on plenty of players before, and this is a teenager who likely has limited knowledge of Ferguson and his achievements

Judas

Open to offers
As much as I want him, if we get Sancho I'll get over it. It would be worse if he was going to a domestic rival as it would mean any chance of getting him down the line would be dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.