Jude Bellingham | Confirmed Borussia Dortmund player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varun1

Hearing that we've agreed a £30m deal for him. Possibly a season loan back to Brum.
Not trying to be smart, but I thought we had a fee agreed with Brum. An agreement with the player is what we were waiting for? Am guessing your source means that the player has agreed to join us?

beingshe7don

Why can't we buy him and loan him to Dortmund for 1 to 2 years with Dortmund in turn cutting us some slack on Sancho. That way he gets playing time and we'll be paying him more than Dortmund and he develops playing for a top team. He comes back when he's 19/20 and slots straight into the first team.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Why can't we buy him and loan him to Dortmund for 1 to 2 years with Dortmund in turn cutting us some slack on Sancho. That way he gets playing time and we'll be paying him more than Dortmund and he develops playing for a top team. He comes back when he's 19/20 and slots straight into the first team.
Wouldn't he get more game time with us?

I don't see why he can go and get a load of games with Dortmund and not be able to get games here.

Based Adnan

Wouldn't he get more game time with us?

I don't see why he can go and get a load of games with Dortmund and not be able to get games here.
Not to mention why would Dortmund give playtime and develop a 16 year old they don't own. It's not like he's good enough right now to start and improve on what they have.

United Pro

Yes, Lingard has been woeful for a long time but he's an international who's played in the latter stages of a World Cup - and performed well. So he's clearly not Conference level.
Lingard hating is quite common these days and some of the comments on him are just downright absurd.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Lingard hating is quite common these days and some of the comments on him are just downright absurd.
Tell me about it. It's just typical of the modern football fan and clogs up countless threads with meaningless hyperbole. Now I've slagged his pitiful output as much as the next guy and I've died a little bit inside when his name has been in the matchday 11. None of that changes the fact that he's actually not the 'worst player ever' as some would have you believe. He's not even close to being the worst United player ever. Not even in the conversation.

Finally, imagine how much irrational hate you'd need to harbour towards the guy to STILL be this angry with him, weeks into a global pandemic that has shut the world down? Christ almighty.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Dortmund have no interest in loaning him. They want to sign him to profit off him later on - just like Sancho.

They aren’t going to be all that interested in a 17/18 YO for a season.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Not trying to be smart, but I thought we had a fee agreed with Brum. An agreement with the player is what we were waiting for? Am guessing your source means that the player has agreed to join us?
Yeah, I'm honestly not sure which it is. If its the former then it doesn't mean much

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I’d be happy if we got him but I don’t see him as an essential buy for a successful window. I do however think if we buy him bringing him into the first team might actually be good for him.

croadyman

I’d be happy if we got him but I don’t see him as an essential buy for a successful window. I do however think if we buy him bringing him into the first team might actually be good for him.
Yeah maybe he needs to be fast tracked into the first team squad rather than be loaned straight back to Birmingham

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Why is that, did they kick you out of the other 3?
The point was a general point about young players today and how they can have a high profile without really doing anything in the game; you obviously never saw it that way but never mind.
Works.

Your point only valid to a young player who plays in top team as they got helped by the top players around them which is the reason of it. We are not talking about Richardson or Macheda playing for Manchester United alongside Giggs, Scholes, Ronaldo and etc. We are talking about a young player plays for Birmingham in a battle of championship mid table.

Flanders Devil

Now you are being harsh on him, he was unbelievable around 2017. Scored some real valuable goals. I agree his finishing could be a lot better, but then again, as predicted by fergie, he is going to develop that late as well :D
Haha - yes. Very much tongue in cheek. Fingers crossed for that development....

Icemav

If we pay 30m for a player, loaning him to championship team won't be my first choice. For all the progress, Championship is still not there yet and playing young expensive talent in that league is a risk.
Agree, there is zero point for the lad. He has talent but a long way to go before he can become a top prem player and more. He needs to be training every week with Fernandes, Pogba, Rashford, and even the younger bucks like Greenwood. Really push himself technically/physically and start getting minutes in cup games. And the plan is to have a very solid squad option in a couple of seasons and then review his long term potentialfor the club.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Some videos of his youth days also in there. Looks fantastic and if I didn't know his age, would never guess he is only 16.

Devil may care

Much like Camavinga a buy and loan back would be a good move, getting both would be real long term planning, only issue is we need a CM this summer, not sure we can get that done and sign two young prospects as well.

Fosu-Mens

Much like Camavinga a buy and loan back would be a good move, getting both would be real long term planning, only issue is we need a CM this summer, not sure we can get that done and sign two young prospects as well.
Partey is one of the best in the world at what he does.
Tonali would at least be on the level of our current options, and could become one of the best in the world.
Partey got a sub £50m clause, and Brescia is either getting relegated this season or would be willing to sell for a fair price.

Kingslayer18

Totally agreed on a move like this. Don't know if i can trust the management team to have that much foresight. though. I'd buy both, bring Bellingham into the first team squad immediately and let Camavinga stay with Rennes for a year, as they'll be in champions league and he'll get more experience. Camavinga then comes in to replace Matic in 2022, perfect timing.

Kingslayer18

Tonali would at least be on the level of our current options, and could become one of the best in the world.
Partey got a sub £50m clause, and Brescia is either getting relegated this season or would be willing to sell for a fair price.
Tonali is highly likely to stay in Italy, apparently he's got offers from both Juventus and Inter. Partey would be a great addition to the team, no doubt but I'd rather we try get Saul Niguez. I get the sense Atletico would rather keep Partey and sell Saul, as he'll fetch a higher price. They could do with the cash and they'll just bring in Llorente into the starting 11 permanently.

Devil may care

I've not seen Atletico since the CL last year, Partey looks a good all action box to box to me, but I'd love a DLP like Tonali, I think in Fred and McTominay we have two decent Jack of all trades CM's, a Carrick type would make for a nice balanced addition.

Totally agreed on a move like this. Don't know if i can trust the management team to have that much foresight. though. I'd buy both, bring Bellingham into the first team squad immediately and let Camavinga stay with Rennes for a year, as they'll be in champions league and he'll get more experience. Camavinga then comes in to replace Matic in 2022, perfect timing.
It would be great to see us taking such a positive broad approach, but part of me feels like we are monitoring both but will only likely sign one, even though they aren't the same type of CM.

Sea-Cow

Some videos of his youth days also in there. Looks fantastic and if I didn't know his age, would never guess he is only 16.
Looks like a midfield version of AWB with some of his tackling.

Maybe I am weird to have this worry, but I would hope he doesn't have another growth spurt as I think he could get too tall and gangly.

Bondi77

The only bit of transfer news That has any credibility so far is of this young man visiting Old Trafford and meeting Alex.
The Sancho line is just changing day by day with any outlet spruiking b/s as they know nothing.
I would say we will get this one over the line as it has to be appealing to join one of the biggest clubs in the world and one that has a manager that gives youth a big chance and I reckon the family would want to stay in England.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Looks like a midfield version of AWB with some of his tackling.

Maybe I am weird to have this worry, but I would hope he doesn't have another growth spurt as I think he could get too tall and gangly.
I agree, I think any taller and he'll be crouch-esque and have to stick him up front!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Kevin Phillips ex BCFC striker on Jude Bellingham - “It looks like Jude Bellingham could be going there as well, from what we’re hearing.”

SteveW

Why would Dortmund develop a 16 year old for us?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Phillips is probably just referencing the recent speculation. Doubt he knows any more than the rest of us.

Brightonian

Why would Dortmund develop a 16 year old for us?
Quite. Kind of disrespectful to even suggest it and if we did, and I were them, I'd be reporting that approach to Bellingham and suggesting that he might prefer to sign for the club that was interested in playing him straight away rather than the one looking to shop him off somewhere for two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.