Jude Bellingham | Confirmed Borussia Dortmund player

Status
Not open for further replies.

mav_9me

Didn't read the article,don't intend to give them clicks. Not sure what Bellingham has to do with the others. The others are the usual youth recruitment, no? As opposed to Bellingham who is for first team. Don't see a youth drive here.

pascell

Cmon its obviously a joke. There's no way we're going to get him for free (or give compensation, a figure which is determined not by us). Birmingham were reportedly rejecting bids of £15m from ourselves as they know he's going to sign a pro contract with them in the next few weeks and can ask for a higher figure.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Didn't read the article,don't intend to give them clicks. Not sure what Bellingham has to do with the others. The others are the usual youth recruitment, no? As opposed to Bellingham who is for first team. Don't see a youth drive here.
The youth drive from my understanding is what has been happening for several years now, and we've signed numerous very highly rated youth players in that time from various European countries and domestically too.

I think Robson is just alluding to the strategy adopted by the likes of Nicky Butt when he mentions Bellingham, Hugill and Jurado.

GledTheRed

Cmon its obviously a joke. There's no way we're going to get him for free (or give compensation, a figure which is determined not by us). Birmingham were reportedly rejecting bids of £15m from ourselves as they know he's going to sign a pro contract with them in the next few weeks and can ask for a higher figure.
The kid and his family have been to united and were seen leaving smiling from ear to ear. I think this is done personally and if you think Birmingham are gonna get 35 million for a kid who aint under a pro contract you're mad. I doubt they were any actual bids for him and more clubs trying to turn his head prior to this Summer.

MDFC Manager

James Robson just trying to earn himself a living.

pascell

The kid and his family have been to united and were seen leaving smiling from ear to ear. I think this is done personally and if you think Birmingham are gonna get 35 million for a kid who aint under a pro contract you're mad. I doubt they were any actual bids for him and more clubs trying to turn his head prior to this Summer.
We made a good impression, that's great. But others will have made a good impression too, we won't be the only ones.

He turns 17 next month, so can sign a pro contract then, which I think he will and then a deal will be struck with the club of his choosing. Not one source has said he's going to sign to a new club on a pro contract before he signs one with Birminham, there's a respectful way of handling these negotiations. The wrongway is trying to turn his head prior to him signing a pro contract and Birminham losing out of a decent figure, which I'm sure he'll want his club to get as they're not doing well financially.

I didn't even mention £35m in my post, I said they'd rejected bids of £15m. And plenty of clubs are interested in signing him, follow the reliable journalist Alan Nixon on this one, he never gets it wrong with transfers for clubs below the PL. He was one of the first to announce our interest in signing Dan James and potentially signing youngster Hugill from Sunderland.

TheReligion

Abusive
If you don't see a youth drive then you're Stevie Wonder

GledTheRed

We made a good impression, that's great. But others will have made a good impression too, we won't be the only ones.

He turns 17 next month, so can sign a pro contract then, which I think he will and then a deal will be struck with the club of his choosing. Not one source has said he's going to sign to a new club on a pro contract before he signs one with Birminham, there's a respectful way of handling these negotiations. The wrongway is trying to turn his head prior to him signing a pro contract and Birminham losing out of a decent figure, which I'm sure he'll want his club to get as they're not doing well financially.

I didn't even mention £35m in my post, I said they'd rejected bids of £15m. And plenty of clubs are interested in signing him, follow the reliable journalist Alan Nixon on this one, he never gets it wrong with transfers for clubs below the PL. He was one of the first to announce our interest in signing Dan James and potentially signing youngster Hugill from Sunderland.
The only club hes known to have visited and was papped leaving was ours. You mentioned 15 million bids being rejected, the press have reported 35 and all other amounts. This is a done deal, pro contract at Birmingham won't alter the tranfer fee too much tbh.

SweetRightFoot

Perhaps you should have read the article then? Just saying, pal. Your reluctance to give The Standard your £0.0001 quid click is making you look less than informed.

mav_9me

If you don't see a youth drive then you're Stevie Wonder
My point is jurado and hugill are for youth teams. But we are always looking to get highly rated players for the academy. That's not a youth drive. That's just part of our approach to academy for years.

Playing Brandon Williams, greenwood, McT etc while trying to get Bellingham and possibly Sancho that I agree is part of youth drive for first team.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Hopefully we are targeting other CM's too. Our midfield needs more than a teenager who's never played in the top flight.
If we keep Pogba I don’t think a CM is needed but maybe a DM? That being said we don’t know if Garner is being promoted soon so it may be we hold off another season?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
In terms of Bellingham: Will his parents factor in the pandemic situation when deciding their sons future? They might be less inclined to send their son to a foreign nation when entire countries go on lockdown. Covid-19 will resurface in the autumn again, Im sure they're aware of that.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Yeah, as the post above speculated, I think think the pandemic has worked quite nicely in our favour regarding this transfer.

I would welcome him with open arms and I don’t see any reason why he can’t immediatly be a squad player for us.

A summer of Bellingham and Sancho would be good enough for me, all things considered. If we can add Grealish and/or extend Ighalo’s loan then great.

I like our new approach. A lot of good kids coming in, we are going to have some patience but I’m sure at one point the strategy will bear fruit.

Reactions: Sultan

passing-wind

I personally don't understand the doubt a young midfielder would have to join our team in the current circumstances. We have had two of the worst performers in recent years through the middle with more than enough games between them (Pereira / Lingard). Pogba is more out the door mentally unless there's a drastic change.

From what I can tell Bellingham is more box to box so he wouldn't compete with Mctomminay / Matic who sit more as defensive anchors. I reckon he could easily get 15 plus apps throughout next season which is a great platform to excel the development of a 17 year old. That's if he's as good as he's hyped. Also makes the prospect of Gomes leaving slightly more acceptable.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Few good months younger than Mejbri and already having full season under belt. At this point the kid looks quite fearless, not to mention physically almost a finished article.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
In terms of Bellingham: Will his parents factor in the pandemic situation when deciding their sons future? They might be less inclined to send their son to a foreign nation when entire countries go on lockdown. Covid-19 will resurface in the autumn again, Im sure they're aware of that.
I've been thinking that too. Makes more sense to be only a few junctions up the M6 away rather than all the way in Germany.

jesperjaap

All hype for me personally as not seen anything of either player, but with how much they are talked up as generational talents, te thought of Bellingham and Mjebri as our midfield cogs in a couple of years, with potentially Rashford and Sancho on the flanks and Fernandes in front of them, behind Greenwood, on paper at least least sounds pretty exciting as a young front 6

arthurka

If that happens I am sure they will know that Germany will probably handle it like champs, the UK on the other hand who knows..

roseguy64

Yeah we learned from the Aaron Ramsey situation there.

Also, I think the plan is for him to sign a pro contract at Birmingham to allow them to get a good price for him rather than just compensation. He's 17 on June 29 so if anything a pre-contract that comes active then and he'll be transferred next day or whenever the transfer window opens since things are up in the air currently.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I have this funny feeling that this will be Martial's last year. United keeps being linked with Graelish and a striker and lets face it, he lacks the workrate Ole wants from his players. Now many in here think that Graelish is a CM. However his best performances at Villa came as a LW. Therefore I can see us get Graelish, Bellingham, Sancho and a striker and we'll get rid of Martial, Lingard and Periera. Graelish will cover two roles (CM and LW), James and Sancho with cover the LW and Bellingham and Mejbri will get games.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I have this funny feeling that this will be Martial's last year. United keeps being linked with Graelish and a striker and lets face it, he lacks the workrate Ole wants from his players. Now many in here think that Graelish is a CM. However his best performances at Villa came as a LW. Therefore I can see us get Graelish, Bellingham, Sancho and a striker and we'll get rid of Martial, Lingard and Periera. Graelish will cover two roles (CM and LW), James and Sancho with cover the LW and Bellingham and Mejbri will get games.
We are at the point after Sancho to start to build squad depth. Selling martial makes no sense.

devilish

We are at the point after Sancho to start to build squad depth. Selling martial makes no sense.
Graelish, bellingham, Sancho and a striker will cost money. Sure we might be able to sell the deadwood but they would generate peanuts. I can see heads roll especially if we don't sell pogba

Martial is too valuable to become a reserve

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He signed a 5 year deal under Ole last year.

devilish

He signed a 5 year deal under Ole last year.
Which means we will get the full price for him. If we sign a striker and Graelish then Martial is done. They would basically cover the roles he plays in. I can't see martial becoming a full time reserve.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Graelish, bellingham, Sancho and a striker will cost money. Sure we might be able to sell the deadwood but they would generate peanuts. I can see heads roll especially if we don't sell pogba

I think lessons have been learnt. Neither Martial nor Rashford can play the lone striker role. The moment either one of them got injuries the wheels fell off the United attack, more so than even without Pogs.

The vision if we get Sancho will be that of the Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo interchangeable front three. We still had Saha for a season or two with that front three.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That's just not true at all, just look at the goal he scored against Brugge.

Mick1

Martial is one of the better players in the team. I only rate Pogba and DDG as definetly better players, whilst Rashford is equally as good, then you get AWB, Harry Maguire and Shaw.
We re not selling one of our best players unless he kicks up a fuss.

kirk buttercup

If it's True ( I dont know how reliable that Journalist is , and I dont understand Tier 1 journalist etc) I think it's very exciting we are going after emerging talents . Throw in a couple of signings of established players that have played at good levels and performed well (fpr example the signings we have made Maguire , AWB , Bruno even if it was another league ) and I really like that balance . Sancho plus possibly Grealish and these 3 would make me very happy. On Martial I think we all has talent , I think we just want to see him kick on to the next level someone mentioned an interchangeable 3 up top I think he would fit very well with Sancho and Rashford.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Typical nothing post.
So why is he leaning more towards the move?
Oh! but he still has not decided yet.
This is Skysports quality.
It's James Robson, he's even worse than SNN for making BS up. Click bait extrordinaire

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What a strange conclusion to make. A 16 year old central midfielder and a floating playmaker mean we’ll sell the only no.9 we have in the squad.

devilish

What a strange conclusion to make. A 16 year old central midfielder and a floating playmaker mean we’ll sell the only no.9 we have in the squad.
Martial is one of the better players in the team. I only rate Pogba and DDG as definetly better players, whilst Rashford is equally as good, then you get AWB, Harry Maguire and Shaw.
We re not selling one of our best players unless he kicks up a fuss.
Martial plays either as a striker or as a LW. Now According to transfer rumours we're aiming to get Graelish, Sancho and a striker (Dembele?). Meanwhile we'll get rid of Lingard and Periera while Sanchez will return to the fold.

Graelish is more comfortable as a LW, Sancho as a RW (although he can play on the LW) and Dembele plays as a striker. That means we'll have

LW: Rashford (FIRST TEAMER), Graelish, Sanchez, James and Martial + Sancho can play there.
STK: Dembele (FIRST TEAMER), Greenwood, Sanchez and Martial
RW: Sancho (FIRST TEAMER), James, Chong, Sanchez.

Graelish and Rashford are better then Martial on the LW while Dembele is better then Martial upfront. Will Martial accept a reserve role? I doubt it.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Martial plays either as a striker or as a LW. Now According to transfer rumours we're aiming to get Graelish, Sancho and a striker (Dembele?). Meanwhile we'll get rid of Lingard and Periera while Sanchez will return to the fold.

Graelish is more comfortable as a LW, Sancho as a RW (although he can play on the LW) and Dembele plays as a striker. That means we'll have

LW: Rashford (FIRST TEAMER), Graelish, Sanchez, James and Martial + Sancho can play there.
STK: Dembele (FIRST TEAMER), Greenwood, Sanchez and Martial
RW: Sancho (FIRST TEAMER), James, Chong, Sanchez.

Graelish and Rashford are better then Martial on the LW while Dembele is better then Martial upfront. Will Martial accept a reserve role? I doubt it.
Grealish Sancho and Dembele? What fecking planet do our fans live on honestly. The way things are going we will be lucky to get just one of our big targets.

Also I dont think Dembele would be ahead of Martial for definite either. His goal scoring record isn't incredible considering the league he plays in as the French league isn't that strong at all.

This is why I seriously doubt this rumour. Dembele is probably not good enough to be our main number 9 but he's also probably too good to be a back up as well. Just the wrong move for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.