Jude Bellingham | Confirmed Borussia Dortmund player

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Martial plays either as a striker or as a LW. Now According to transfer rumours we're aiming to get Graelish, Sancho and a striker (Dembele?). Meanwhile we'll get rid of Lingard and Periera while Sanchez will return to the fold.

Graelish is more comfortable as a LW, Sancho as a RW (although he can play on the LW) and Dembele plays as a striker. That means we'll have

LW: Rashford (FIRST TEAMER), Graelish, Sanchez, James and Martial + Sancho can play there.
STK: Dembele (FIRST TEAMER), Greenwood, Sanchez and Martial
RW: Sancho (FIRST TEAMER), James, Chong, Sanchez.

Graelish and Rashford are better then Martial on the LW while Dembele is better then Martial upfront. Will Martial accept a reserve role? I doubt it.
9 players for essentially 3 positions... seems unrealistic especially in the current financial climate
Spending what 200m on Sancho, Dembele, Graelish and then perhaps another half a million a week in wages plus another 350k on sanchos wages?

in the current financial environment Id be shocked if we did that

Doubt anybody will take sanchez off our hands so next season I think we have
Rashford, Greenwood, Martial, Sanchez, James, Chong already - perhaps we buy one player on top of that

red thru&thru

Jude Bellingham should be coming to United. Was very impressed with the tour and especially SAF being there too. The plans are to have him involved and not to sending back on loan.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
9 players for essentially 3 positions... seems unrealistic especially in the current financial climate
Spending what 200m on Sancho, Dembele, Graelish and then perhaps another half a million a week in wages plus another 350k on sanchos wages?

in the current financial environment Id be shocked if we did that

Doubt anybody will take sanchez off our hands so next season I think we have
Rashford, Greenwood, Martial, Sanchez, James, Chong already - perhaps we buy one player on top of that
I agree. However here's my reasoning

A- While the covid crisis will hit everyone we're in a better position then most clubs
B- Its a buyer's market especially for Graelish, Bellingham and Jadon (he's got just 2 years left in his contract). It might be a matter of now or never for these players
C- That doesn't mean we can go overboard. I can see us selling Periera, Dalot, Lingard and Rojo. However that won't be enough to fund a roughly 160m (I think Jadon's price will go to 80m, Graelish is available for 50m, Bellingham for 20m) Thus I can see a big name or two leaving (ie Pogba or Martial). If Pogba stays then in my opinion Martial is the most likely to go

devilish

Grealish Sancho and Dembele? What fecking planet do our fans live on honestly. The way things are going we will be lucky to get just one of our big targets.

Also I dont think Dembele would be ahead of Martial for definite either. His goal scoring record isn't incredible considering the league he plays in as the French league isn't that strong at all.

This is why I seriously doubt this rumour. Dembele is probably not good enough to be our main number 9 but he's also probably too good to be a back up as well. Just the wrong move for him.
These are players who are currently playing for Lyon, Dortmund and Aston Villa. Not Real, Barcelona and PSG. The financial crisis will hit everybody but it will hit hardest the selling clubs especially Jadon whose got just 2 years left on his contract. Now its the time for clubs like ours whose got money in the bank to go for these players. Its one hell of a buyer's market

I can see United getting the usual 3-4 players with Dalot, the 2 Perieras, Lingard, Rojo and one between Smalling and Bailly leaving. A big name departure will probably be on the books as well. If we get Graelish and a striker then I think that we might see Martial leaving.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
These are players who are currently playing for Lyon, Dortmund and Aston Villa. Not Real, Barcelona and PSG. The financial crisis will hit everybody but it will hit hardest the selling clubs especially Jadon whose got just 2 years left on his contract. Now its the time for clubs like ours whose got money in the bank to go for these players. Its one hell of a buyer's market

I can see United getting the usual 3-4 players with Dalot, the 2 Perieras, Lingard, Rojo and one between Smalling and Bailly leaving. A big name departure will probably be on the books as well. If we get Graelish and a striker then I think that we might see Martial leaving.
Lay off the crack dude. Martial leaving? Why on earth would we sell him now when he's finally coming good in his most natural position?

Also that's a whole lot of outgoings you got there when you say most clubs won't have any cash. Which is it? We will struggle more than ever to flog players this summer.

devilish

Lay off the crack dude. Martial leaving? Why on earth would we sell him now when he's finally coming good in his most natural position?

Also that's a whole lot of outgoings you got there when you say most clubs won't have any cash. Which is it? We will struggle more than ever to flog players this summer.
A- Martial can play as LW and as a STK
B- Its evident that we're after a striker. We tried to sign Haaland and we've been linked with Dembele and Jimenez
C- We've already got Rashford as LW whose first teamer. If we add Graelish as well then Martial is done.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
As I have said before Bellingham and Sancho is good enough this summer. If we can add Grealish and/or Ighalo great.

We should move Lingard, Smalling and Dalot. Promote Laird.

Trex

B- Its evident that we're after a striker. We tried to sign Haaland and we've been linked with Dembele and Jimenez
C- We've already got Rashford as LW whose first teamer. If we add Graelish as well then Martial is done.
Yet we gave Martial a 250k/week contract just over a year ago + the number 9 shirt last summer under this very manager...some people have no clue

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
When did I say we aren't after a striker? We clearly are. But that doesn't mean we are after a starting striker does it? Igalho for example wasn't a starter.

Martial will be our main number 9 next season. He's not as good on the left and Rashford is better there anyway.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Martial plays either as a striker or as a LW. Now According to transfer rumours we're aiming to get Graelish, Sancho and a striker (Dembele?). Meanwhile we'll get rid of Lingard and Periera while Sanchez will return to the fold.

Graelish is more comfortable as a LW, Sancho as a RW (although he can play on the LW) and Dembele plays as a striker. That means we'll have

LW: Rashford (FIRST TEAMER), Graelish, Sanchez, James and Martial + Sancho can play there.
STK: Dembele (FIRST TEAMER), Greenwood, Sanchez and Martial
RW: Sancho (FIRST TEAMER), James, Chong, Sanchez.

Graelish and Rashford are better then Martial on the LW while Dembele is better then Martial upfront. Will Martial accept a reserve role? I doubt it.
Sanchez is not part of our plans and you are fully aware of that.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
next season he might well be
cant see anybody else taking him on loan and if we have to pay him £350K a week i can certainly see the management telling ole that we are not buying another reserve forward (eg ighalo) and he will have to get the best out of sanchez for a season

devilish

Yet we gave Martial a 250k/week contract just over a year ago + the number 9 shirt last summer under this very manager...some people have no clue
When did I say we aren't after a striker? We clearly are. But that doesn't mean we are after a starting striker does it? Igalho for example wasn't a starter.

Martial will be our main number 9 next season. He's not as good on the left and Rashford is better there anyway.
It's evident that we're after a striker. We've strongly pursued Haaland and King.

As Ole said we won't get rid of Sanchez.

Trex

It's evident that we're after a striker. We've strongly pursued Haaland and King.
Yea true but one thing all our target are is cheap....Haaland did'nt come here cause he did'nt feel we will prioritize him above our current option,United would'nt have tried at all if salzburg wanted say €80,signing a striker this summer falls in the Dan James category not the Maguires if u know what am saying

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Linked with? You're better than that devilish. You're right about trying to sign Haaland though, I wondered then whether the plan was to sell Martial or keep the two, but didn't know of course, and still don't.

Mark Pawelek

I'd rather keep Martial than replace with Dembele or Jimenez. If we replace Martial we need someone clearly better than him. Not players who are worse, or expensive and not as good.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It is yes. Doesn't mean we will be replacing Martial though. Haaland may have done. King most certainly wouldn't have done. Igalho hasn't and neither would Dembele. He's not an elite player my friend. I don't think he's even better than Martial. The French league is pants and his record there isn't all that amazing.

devilish

It is yes. Doesn't mean we will be replacing Martial though. Haaland may have done. King most certainly wouldn't have done. Igalho hasn't and neither would Dembele. He's not an elite player my friend. I don't think he's even better than Martial. The French league is pants and his record there isn't all that amazing.
OK so we can stop debating regarding STK position as we are aiming for a first team striker like Haaland would have been. What about LW? Will Martial be a first teamer there? If not then do you think he will be happy with a reserve position?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
You don't even need to be in Martial thread to read someone taking potshots at him. This is Jude Bellingham thread, take Martial stuff to already 10 thread out there.

Sea-Cow

I imagine it is paper-talk nonsense, but I really hope we aren't offering first-team guarantees to this kid. I hope the message is that the club thinks he is good and United is the best place for him, but he has to earn playing time and opportunities every day.

If Garner or Mejbri or hell, god forbid even Pereira, are outperforming him, then he will have to play with the reserves until he turns it around.

Reactions: Sultan

Mark Pawelek

He's either DCM or box-to-box. If he's been promised 1st team games I have a hard time seeing him in league games (Maybe DCM if Matic is injured?). I don't see how he plays in league games ahead of Matic at DCM. I can't see him playing at all next year in any league game as box-to-box. I think he could be played in cup games at either position but so can Garner. Mejbri may also get some cup game minutes as box-to-box.

If we must sign Brits, as it seems, I'm glad we're getting Bellingham ahead of Rice, or those Newcastle players whose name escapes me.

jamesjimmybyrondean

He's either DCM or box-to-box. If he's been promised 1st team games I have a hard time seeing him in league games (Maybe DCM if Matic is injured?). I don't see how he plays in league games ahead of Matic at DCM. I can't see him playing at all next year in any league game as box-to-box. I think he could be played in cup games at either position but so can Garner. Mejbri may also get some cup game minutes as box-to-box.

If we must sign Brits, as it seems, I'm glad we're getting Bellingham ahead of Rice, or those Newcastle players whose name escapes me.
The Longstaff brothers :rolleyes:

macheda14

I mean with him its not just signing a Brit, but one of the brightest talents in football, evidenced by other clubs heavily pursuing him.

I imagine it is paper-talk nonsense, but I really hope we aren't offering first-team guarantees to this kid. I hope the message is that the club thinks he is good and United is the best place for him, but he has to earn playing time and opportunities every day.

If Garner or Mejbri or hell, god forbid even Pereira, are outperforming him, then he will have to play with the reserves until he turns it around.
The message would be ‘we’re buying you to be part of the first team squad - you’ll be training with them everyday’, we would never buy anyone promising games no matter their form.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I mean with him its not just signing a Brit, but one of the brightest talents in football, evidenced by other clubs heavily pursuing him.

The message would be ‘we’re buying you to be part of the first team squad - you’ll be training with them everyday’, we would never buy anyone promising games no matter their form.
To be fair, we’d also never buy anyone for £35m who we have no plan for. I’m not sure what more assurance he could want.

I’ve said it before I reckon he’ll be played out on the right next season in rotation. Same as this year only here. It seems to be the easiest way to get minutes for talented youngsters.
I really doubt it. He plays out on the right sometimes for Birmingham because their wide midfielders aren't wingers, they don't operate nearly as high up as our wide players. Bellingham doesn't have the pace or refined technique to play out there at Prem level, I reckon he'd look extremely clumsy. I also struggle to see where he'd fit into the first team rotation, especially if Pogba stays. I'm not sure if it's where we should be investing this summer anyways, but if I trust Ole with one thing it's his focus on bringing in young players who could grow to be among the best in their position.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I really doubt it. He plays out on the right sometimes for Birmingham because their wide midfielders aren't wingers, they don't operate nearly as high up as our wide players. Bellingham doesn't have the pace or refined technique to play out there at Prem level, I reckon he'd look extremely clumsy. I also struggle to see where he'd fit into the first team rotation, especially if Pogba stays. I'm not sure if it's where we should be investing this summer anyways, but if I trust Ole with one thing it's his focus on bringing in young players who could grow to be among the best in their position.
he’s not getting many games in CM next year unless he’s better than his videos currently show. I do understand he’s supposedly a generational talent so get him in and worry about the rest after. Im sure there’s a plan, final few minutes of games we are winning, league cup games Against lower sides, EL especially home games if we’ve to do it again. I’m thinking he’s probably the longterm replacement for pogba.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
he’s not getting many games in CM next year unless he’s better than his videos currently show. I do understand he’s supposedly a generational talent so get him in and worry about the rest after. Im sure there’s a plan, final few minutes of games we are winning, league cup games Against lower sides, EL especially home games if we’ve to do it again. I’m thinking he’s probably the longterm replacement for pogba.
very long term possibly

In 5 years time he will be 21 and pogba 32

As you say there will be a plan - wouldnt be shocked if we loaned him out if we get him - perhaps keep him for a year and let him play u23 and some european / league cup games then loan him out at xmas or the year after to get more significant game time (it would be a happy surprise to me if he rocked up and forced his way into first team contention straight away)

roseguy64

I highly doubt he'll play many U23 games. He'll have the role Scott had last season with Scott and Bruno having replaced Fellaini and Herrera.

Scott had 22 games last season and 23 the year before. That'll be about the same number Bellingham gets.

Looking at Phil Foden, he had 26 appearances last season and 26 so far this season for Man City. Bellingham will get games. If we're as good as we hope to be next season then there'll be enough to go around.

Scholsey2004

Bellingham's actually played a lot of games on the left and right at Birmingham. We could conceivably be looking to break him into the side in those positions with centre midfield being a longer term goal. By comparison it's hard to see where the money would come from for Sancho with our debt having gone up 42% due to loss of income. If a second wave of coronavirus hits this winter we could be looking at another lengthy lockdown next season which financially could be disastrous if we spend big.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Bellingham's actually played a lot of games on the left and right at Birmingham. We could conceivably be looking to break him into the side in those positions with centre midfield being a longer term goal. By comparison it's hard to see where the money would come from for Sancho with our debt having gone up 42% due to loss of income. If a second wave of coronavirus hits this winter we could be looking at another lengthy lockdown next season which financially could be disastrous if we spend big.
This isn't true. It went up because we bought Fernandes and Maguire with straight up cash. The accounts showed Corona has cost us 20m so far.

Luke1995

What is Birmhigham situation in the world's current state ? Maybe they would feel the need to sell some players

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
What is Birmhigham situation in the world's current state ? Maybe they would feel the need to sell some players
We’d only be interested in one, and that one they have long already agreed to sell.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Dunno who these guys are, was retweeted into my timeline by Chris Winterburn.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If we can get him, this will be quite a coup. We're clearly both battling extremely hard for the lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.