Jude Bellingham | Confirmed Borussia Dortmund player

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
You missed my point: Sancho for example is definitely a player for a CL or PL conteder. As is Haaland. You want both. But the other way around there is nothing. I don't see any United player i would pay money for, cause they aren't top notch, there isn't any player which is definitely a player for a CL contender. And just to remember: this is a forum and only my opinion, if its not yours that does't mean its wumming. (Remember the current keep it together thread)
Sancho might be all that but he hasn't proved that just like ManUtd youngsters. You don't want any player as you can't afford them and none of them would be in a hurry to sign for Dortmund.

Our players are not top notch because of what they are expected to achieve, same way Dortmund players will be written off if they played for us and achieved same results of not winning anything.

Not sure what are you on about Wumming, I didn't say that, at least for now.

GledTheRed

You missed my point: Sancho for example is definitely a player for a CL or PL conteder. As is Haaland. You want both. But the other way around there is nothing. I don't see any United player i would pay money for, cause they aren't top notch, there isn't any player which is definitely a player for a CL contender. And just to remember: this is a forum and only my opinion, if its not yours that does't mean its wumming. (Remember the current keep it together thread)
wum

Suvvernmanc

I don't know how any Dortmund supporter can believe their club is anything but a selling/stepping stone club.

Bellingham, if he does in fact choose Dortmund isnt a massive blow for UTD right now. It will be if we then buy him in 3 years time for £90m. Hes going there for development and that's it. Same as Haaland and Sancho.

gajender

I don't know how any Dortmund supporter can believe their club is anything but a selling/stepping stone club.

Bellingham, if he does in fact choose Dortmund isnt a massive blow for UTD right now. It will be if we then buy him in 3 years time for £90m. Hes going there for development and that's it. Same as Haaland and Sancho.
It won't be as long as we are able to buy him .

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Dortmund aren't CL contenders. Last 3 years,
2019-20 last 16
2018-19 last 16
2017-18 group stages

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
This has to be a WUM.

So you would not be interested in Rashford, Greenwood, Pogba, Bruno?
Not the slightest.

And btw: Pogba is 27. (Aren't we talking about young players?) Lacking in mentality and everything i want and have to see in a player which costs so much money (in both buying and salary).

Not sure what are you on about Wumming, I didn't say that, at least for now.
Sorry, that was more for in general, not personaly.

Nickelodeon

Haaland chose Dortmund over us because we wouldn't put a buy out clause in his contract. I'd prefer our club not to bend over.
I agree. But we're not the dream club anymore where the player says that I have to be a United player and I'll agree to their terms. It's chastening.

ASHWIT

Apologies if this sounds arrogant, but if United were determined to sign any of the players we have, "missed out on", to Dortmund, at any cost, we would have. The exception being Sancho who would have had to move directly from City to United which was never going to happen. As a side note, only reason City managed to sign Sterling when they did was because Liverpool would never sell to United or he'd be here too.

Nickelodeon

What?! There is no one in our squad who would improve the Dortmund team? Not attainable doesn't mean that you wouldn't want it. That's like me saying that we don't even want to sign Messi.

TheReligion

Abusive
Not the slightest.

And btw: Pogba is 27. (Aren't we talking about young players?) Lacking in mentality and everything i want and have to see in a player which costs so much money (in both buying and salary).

Sorry, that was more for in general, not personaly.
Why did you ignore Greenwood then? Or Rashford? They not young enough?

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Simply not good enough. Especially Rashford is one dimensional. I would pick Sancho, Brandt, Reyna, Haaland, and so on every moment over those lads you mentioned.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/man-utd-fielded-more-academy-graduates-than-any-other-team

https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...-to-appear-in-the-premier-league-last-season/

@.mica just so you can do some research. And this list i'm sure misses out many others that are in the league below.

Now let's see Dortmunds list? ;)
In this season it was 8 players. I hope i searched the right parameters:
https://www.transfermarkt.de/1-bundesliga/eigengewaechse/wettbewerb/L1

The whole list (with 23 pages) of players from BVB youth which were released and played in the BuLi or other leagues is here (but i don't know how to rule out really old cases):
https://www.transfermarkt.de/boruss...galerie/0?wettbewerb_id=gesamt&option=0&art=0

gajender

Don't feed the troll mate he is baiting at the moment and yes Dortmund have done well to become relevant again and have done great to come back from near bankruptcy but weren't they always one of the biggest clubs in Germany after Bayern maybe our German posters can shed some light on that.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I'm pretty surprised you don't know more about the history of United then in that case. Even more so as you're a member of our forum.
I don't really care about history. But during the time I actively follow international football, United never struck me as an extraordinarily good place for young talents - neither in my own nor in public perception. Maybe that used to be different when Scholes, Giggs etc. came through but when I really became interested in international football, those guys were already in their primes. However, even if that was the case, it doesn't matter nowadays. You wouldn't say Barcelona is currently a great place for young talents because they were 10 years ago, would you? Similarly, I take a look at the development of United three most exciting youngsters (Martial, Pogba, Rashford) and I have to say they developed rather underwhelming (though Rashford may finally have his breakthrough season). Judging by this, I wouldn't recommend United to a young player willing to make the next step. And that's the image that, at least in my perception, is quite common among German football supporters. If you want to cash in on a player, you hope for United rumors - after all, deals like Pogba and Maguire have fueled the perception that United is the club most likely to overpay - but if you want him to do well, United is rarely in the conversation. That's because after SAF, you didn't really came across as a well run club and I think young players need that in order to shine.

Though, this perception is beginning to change. In many reports about you being interested in young players, "Solskjaer's youth project" etc. is mentioned. So you're building up a certain reputation but I think it's still a long way.

cyberman

Feck me anybody could scout Dortmunds youth, what credit are we giving them here? Its like us claining Rooney and Ronaldo as our own. It doesnt make sense
Hopefully, one day, a youth player will be developed enough that when he leaves Dortmund he doesnt automatically flop.
What successes are we even talking about here? They play well for Dortmund but that seems to be it.
I cant stand Dortmunds reputation, its unearned. It takes away from the clubs who do it the right way and actually mold well rounded players.
Dortmund just seems like a money making scheme. Go there and everybody gets paid in 2 years.
Its Raoilas wet dream

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.

except he won't cost just £90m - and you may be missing the point: are players not willing to play for Ole?

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
except he won't cost just £90m - and you may be missing the point: are players not willing to play for Ole?
Yes is just as black and white as you described. He does not want to play for Ole.

Maybe he wants to learn a new language? Maybe Dortmund is offering more money? Maybe he gets a release clause in his contract, who knows?

Naah, he does not want to play for Ole. Simple.

Judas

Open to offers
And have barely a passing interest in our current team.
Which just makes it odd why they're here. I get this is a great message board for all football fans and I like how we embrace people who support loads of teams, but I suppose I would expect everyone here to be paying closer attention to Utd?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Simply not good enough. Especially Rashford is one dimensional. I would pick Sancho, Brandt, Reyna, Haaland, and so on every moment over those lads you mentioned.
Good job you're not in management then.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
If you ignore the period from 1953 to 2013 and also ignore the last 2 years, it's easy to see why United don't have a reputation for promoting young players and turning them into superstars.

Eckers99

Come to Dortmund, we'll provide you with all the football education you need to win no trophies and fail at your next club.

ShinjiNinja26

Come to Dortmund, we'll provide you with all the football education you need to win no trophies and fail at your next club.
They educate players that Bayern are far and away the best team in Germany and what it’s like to get bitch slapped by them. Sets them up well for any future disappointment.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Wouldn’t waste your time on that guy, clearly wumming. Don’t understand why people come on a Man Utd forum and then start bashing Utd players? Pretty sad really.
Been happening for a while with German posters, unfortunately. Must be the Klopp-love factor.

Eckers99

They educate players that Bayern are far and away the best team in Germany and what it’s like to get bitch slapped by them. Sets them up well for any future disappointment.
No club that includes 'we'll make it easy for you to leave' in their sales pitch deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as United. It's laugahble.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
From my experience German footy fans are the most precious when it comes to their clubs it's hilarious. Even on twitter they're the same and get ultra defensive when they see someone criticising their club.

Gomes

From my experience German footy fans are the most precious when it comes to their clubs it's hilarious. Even on twitter they're the same and get ultra defensive when they see someone criticising their club.
What's even worse is that they for some reason like being the underdogs. Someone criticises Bayern and Dortmund fans come running to defend them.
Weird, didn't see Arsenal fans licking the feet of City when a huge number of their players were stolen.

Eckers99

Trickles down from the clubs. Remember Dortmund's salty tweet about him joining the 6th best team in England when we signed Mkhitaryan?

I expect they'll be the same when we sign Sancho this summer.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Which just makes it odd why they're here. I get this is a great message board for all football fans and I like how we embrace people who support loads of teams, but I suppose I would expect everyone here to be paying closer attention to Utd?
The Leverkusen fan was beyond bemused at the possibility of Havertz joining us, so it’s safe to say he doesn’t like this club very much.

roonster09

Scout
Trickles down from the clubs. Remember Dortmund's salty tweet about him joining the 6th best team in England when we signed Mkhitaryan?

I expect they'll be the same when we sign Sancho this summer.
Cheeky cnuts when players leave them with cheap shots in their articles (official site) and then they are so much up for banter on twitter for retweets that they start replying some random dude on twitter.

roonster09

Scout
The Leverkusen fan was beyond bemused at the possibility of Havertz joining us, so it’s safe to say he doesn’t like this club very much.
That Leverkusen fan kept on taking cheap shots at players like Pogba, Rashford and then at the club with tedious "You are not that attractive club anymore" shit that you expect from twitter meme accounts. Very weird for a Leverkusen fan, maybe losing 5-0 and 4-2 to Moyes team must have done this.

red thru&thru

I don't know whether this has already been asked and answered in this thread already, but which players leave Dortmund to other clubs out of Germany and go on to do well and their upward trajectory continues?

I'm talking more of the modern era under Zorc.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What's even worse is that they for some reason like being the underdogs. Someone criticises Bayern and Dortmund fans come running to defend them.
Weird, didn't see Arsenal fans licking the feet of City when a huge number of their players were stolen.
Spot on. They seem to band together in defense of eachother like it's a crime for someone to criticize them. Very precious bunch, one of a kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.