Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDFC Manager

Another big billy bollocks that hasn't won anything, yet behaves like prime Neymar. Would fit right in with our lot.

Ronaldo also mentioned that some of our "younger stars" aren't taking advice. I wonder if it's a new generation thing where younger players think they are the next Pele because of social media.
Yep, I've referenced it before but was shot down. I think he sounds far too jumped up for his age.
Wonder how much of this is down to being overhyped and made worse by things like Birmingham retiring his shirt number ( :lol: )

United in sin

Spend 70million on Bellingham, 60 million on K.Philips and spunk another 50million on a young Centre Back with pace and power to partner Varane.

We should be back to Top 4
It's not just about the personnel. This is why this club has wasted over a billion on misfits in the post Fergie era with nothing to show for it

Anderson_7_

There were already reports that he doesn't want to return to the Premier League and that Madrid is working on a deal to get him in 2023.

NoPace

Makes sense. Bellingham-Casemiro-Valverde a bit light on the guile of Kroos and Modric though.

Trex

Makes sense. Bellingham-Casemiro-Valverde a bit light on the guile of Kroos and Modric though.
Camavinga over Bellingham if you ask me, and yea the midfield is too rigid for a Spanish team

NoPace

Camavinga over Bellingham if you ask me, and yea the midfield is too rigid for a Spanish team
Oh shit I forgot about him. He looks really promising. So probably him as the 8 and one of Valderde or Bellingham as the box to box type. Could work nicely.

Mainoldo

I’m 100 percent confident he won’t be choosing Madrid over United.

Bondi77

He will be off to Liverpool I reckon as he has had the guided tour with us and he knocked us back.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Only way he’s joining Liverpool is if Klopp assured him he will be there with him for minimum of 3 seasons.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
He reminds me of Kimmich.
Kimmich too is crazy competitive, and took on responsibility for the team's performance when he was still very young.
And Kimmich too started to annoy in his 2nd or 3rd full season, overdoing it with the moaning, playacting, being frustrated, being confrontational, to the point where I started to dislike his behaviour. Kimmich turned it around though and eventually channeled his drive and competitiveness into an overall positive, strong form of leadership and mentality.
Bellingham is overdoing it even more than Kimmich did, let's hope he turns it around too, because yeah, he's pretty fecking annoying at the moment.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He's 18. 18. Moany, competitive, confrontational, cocky and arrogant are part and parcel of that age for most, particularly in football, it's just that we rarely get to see 18-year-olds of such standing in the professional game. He's absolutely no worse than Rooney at the same age, as an example.

What you rarely get is a consummate rounded young prodigy at those ages: Barry's, Fabregas' and modern-day Pedri's and the like, are very few and far between.

If you did a side-by-side of 18 year old, absolutely top-level pros, the bratty, explosive, moany column will drown the composed, sensible and reasoned one, I'd very much wager.

As ever, the managers, captains, team-mates and coaches who mold these talents will determine so much of what they will become, and Bellingham, as far as I can see, is no different.

mctrials23

I reckon we could ruin him in 6 months. Perhaps less. Give him £300k/week, tell him hes the next best thing to Christ and play him no matter his performances. Easy.

Righteous Steps

He's 18. 18. Moany, competitive, confrontational, cocky and arrogant are part and parcel of that age for most, particularly in football, it's just that we rarely get to see 18-year-olds of such standing in the professional game. He's absolutely no worse than Rooney at the same age, as an example.

What you rarely get is a consummate rounded young prodigy at those ages: Barry's, Fabregas' and modern-day Pedri's and the like, are very few and far between.

If you did a side-by-side of 18 year old, absolutely top-level pros, the bratty, explosive, moany column will drown the composed, sensible and reasoned one, I'd very much wager.

As ever, the managers, captains, team-mates and coaches who mold these talents will determine so much of what they will become, and Bellingham, as far as I can see, is no different.
No he is actually a consummate rounded prodigy, he is far from a Rooney or even Pogba type, ignores the limelight, not arrogant or bratty at all and is from a modest middle class background, dad was a police officer, polite and well spoken.

Its funny what conclusions people can jump to from a single moan.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
No he is actually a consummate rounded prodigy, he is far from a Rooney or even Pogba type, ignores the limelight, not arrogant or bratty at all and is from a modest middle class background, dad was a police officer, polite and well spoken.

On the pitch. A player's background has absolutely nothing to do with such a discussion as it revolves around how they are perceived on the pitch, and Bellingham has been bracketed as such for quite some time now, not any single moan in any one game.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

He is constantly complaining and moaning, and sometimes his choice of words and gestures is definitely arrogant and bratty. If you think we are talking about a single incident here, you simply don't know what he is currently doing.

That said I tend to agree with posters before, this is not surprising for an 18yo and if he evolves to become less arrogant and more encouraging he could be well on track to become a great leader.

But he has to make this step, otherwise he'll become a disliked fringe character in any dressing room.

Righteous Steps

On the pitch. A player's background has absolutely nothing to do with such a discussion as it revolves around how they are perceived on the pitch, and Bellingham has been bracketed as such for quite some time now, not any single moan in any one game.
On the pitch ok I get you, but I don’t think it’s something particularly completely related to age anyways, CR7 still moans constantly and is highly arrogant till this day, as does Bruno, as did Keane in his pomp.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
When he was (and had only recently turned) 16, and playing for Blues, he was coming off when the Bristol City manager was giving him a mouthful. Jude responded “Who the feck are you?!”

Problem at Dormand is that some of the players are not on his level.

It annoys me when I see some United fans getting salty over the rejection a few years ago. He made the right decision at that time, and that is obvious now.

Do you want this kid to go somewhere else? Should Manchester United not have England’s central midfielder?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
On the pitch ok I get you, but I don’t think it’s something particularly completely related to age anyways, CR7 still moans constantly and is highly arrogant till this day, as does Bruno, as did Keane in his pomp.
Bellingham's has been noted as spiky and petulant towards others and some see it as outright disrespecting players he should be taking some guidance from. I think it's a little different to the players you've mentioned as Ronaldo's strops are generic and he doesn't dig anyone out, just twirls around and shows his dissatisfaction before getting on with things; Bruno, for me, is more of the same although he has more choice words for others.

I wouldn't bracket Keane in the same category as any of the others there personally, as his remonstrations were generally an attempt to coax more out of team-mates, and as an up-and-comer, he was too busy being furious about everything not going his way that he'd over-commit himself and pretty much self-sabotage/destruct (build ups to red cards particularly), which isn't a trait I see in the aforementioned or Bellingham, more rather a young Rooney trait.

With regard to Bellingham, I don't think it's a particularly big deal - it will be if not put in check, but as I said, we're seeing him grow up before our eyes at a time when most midfielders are barely getting top-level minutes and all their petulance is being worked on at lower levels or even reserves away from prying eyes. Immaturity is not well received in central midfield nor defence, as opposed to young attackers who are going to be seen as 'maverick' and 'expressive' for behaving in a similar manner. Midfield is the bastion of composure and sensibilities and bratty behaviour is going to be less well received there, so we're seeing the spotlight placed on what I'd consider typical growing pains for a young, special player, in a way it wouldn't be so intently noted if he were a forward.

Walters_19_MuFc

If he moves, he'll go to a team that can 1) provide him games 2) is a step up from Dortmund.

We can offer both and because of that, I think we'd be well in with a shout if we were in for him.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
If he moves, he'll go to a team that can 1) provide him games 2) is a step up from Dortmund.

We can offer both and because of that, I think we'd be well in with a shout if we were in for him.
We are a step up from Dortmund only in certain ways, and he might want to compete. United hasn't in years.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Great young player, the kind you would hope the next manager would like to build the team around if we were to sign.

Watched him recently in the games against Rangers in the Europa, was easily Dortmund's best player. Still only 18(?)

Fergie would have never let him leave England.

BerryBerryShrew

Doesn't he have a younger brother at Birmingham who is also considered a bright prospect? If so, we should pull a Chelsea (Thorgen Hazard) and sign him to entice Jude.

Walters_19_MuFc

We are a step up from Dortmund only in certain ways, and he might want to compete. United hasn't in years.
And if he can go to a club who are currently able to provide him with consistent games and guaranteed trophies, then I would recommend him moving there.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So Madrid are signing Mbappe, Haaland, Tchoumeni and Bellingham?

Calm down Perez FFS

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
And if he can go to a club who are currently able to provide him with consistent games and guaranteed trophies, then I would recommend him moving there.
Not sure about guaranteed trophies but City, Liverpool, Chelsea (if sorted), Bayern, Barcelona, PSG are all options I'd imagine.

Irwin99

An 18 year old Englishman potentially signing for Real Madrid speaks volumes for his talent. Obviously I'd rather he was at United but I wish him all the best if he goes there. When I was growing up I always saw English players as very reluctant to try their luck abroad or you knew they'd be back within a year or two having not achieved all that much (Steve Mcmanaman an obvious exception). Just think it's very cool to see how open some of these guys are to playing in foreign leagues and how confident they seem.

...Hope he doesn't go to Liverpool though :nervous:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Not sure about guaranteed trophies but City, Liverpool, Chelsea (if sorted), Bayern, Barcelona, PSG are all options I'd imagine.
Those clubs should be interesting for him, but the question is which of those are interested in him. I doubt City, Bayern or Barca currently need to sign someone like him. Real, Liverpool and PSG sound more likely for me due to their aging midfields.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Those clubs should be interesting for him, but the question is which of those are interested in him. I doubt City, Bayern or Barca currently need to sign someone like him. Real, Liverpool and PSG sound more likely for me due to their aging midfields.
Included Barca by default. They don't need him.

City could well use him, but would be greed. Gundogan is still great. Bayern would probably struggle to fit him in as well, you're right.

Trex

He is only doing a Sancho in my opinion, Dortmund are the best club for youngsters to get game time, good coaching and valuable experience, i expect he'll be back in the EPL when he is sure he can compete for a starting spot in one of the top sides, something we couldn't guarantee when he left for Dortmund.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

A single moan? Their fans have been talking about it for a while. The players haven’t taken disrespect from a single moan.
Also money and fame can go to anyones head, even from a humble background.
But look he’s young, he can turn it around if he listens to his coaches

United in sin

I’m 100 percent confident he won’t be choosing Madrid over United.
That's Spartan 300 confidence levels. He already turned us down once after United gave him the red carpet tour of Old Trafford. He's seen through this club like Odegaard did when he was a hot commodity in Europe. When Real come into play forget about it

Rakaposhi

Supports
Fortuna Düsseldorf
He's 18. 18.
This.
A healthy group of teammates with a working hierarchy and a competent manager would sort him out.
That is not happening right now because Dortmund is a mess at the moment.

Andersons Dietician

That's Spartan 300 confidence levels. He already turned us down once after United gave him the red carpet tour of Old Trafford. He's seen through this club like Odegaard did when he was a hot commodity in Europe. When Real come into play forget about it
I would say United were turned down due to the fact much like Haaland we can’t guarantee these guys first team football when we were in for them. Obvioulsy now looking at them they’d walk in to our team with ease but no one could really predict they’d do so well and would they be where they were if they didn’t make the smarter choice to choose a team where they are more likely to get chances and develop in a less competitive league.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He reminds me of Kimmich.
Kimmich too is crazy competitive, and took on responsibility for the team's performance when he was still very young.
And Kimmich too started to annoy in his 2nd or 3rd full season, overdoing it with the moaning, playacting, being frustrated, being confrontational, to the point where I started to dislike his behaviour. Kimmich turned it around though and eventually channeled his drive and competitiveness into an overall positive, strong form of leadership and mentality.
Bellingham is overdoing it even more than Kimmich did, let's hope he turns it around too, because yeah, he's pretty fecking annoying at the moment.
None at United is a strong leader. Just watch Rashford and others could get away with putting in that kind of effort week in week out.
So yeah, I'm not expecting Bellingham will change if he moves to United.

Status
Not open for further replies.