Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

United in sin

I would say United were turned down due to the fact much like Haaland we can’t guarantee these guys first team football when we were in for them. Obvioulsy now looking at them they’d walk in to our team with ease but no one could really predict they’d do so well and would they be where they were if they didn’t make the smarter choice to choose a team where they are more likely to get chances and develop in a less competitive league.
I don't disagree. I'd add to that by saying United also don't have an attractive project on the footballing side of things. United's name and prestige can only take us so far when rivals look much more attractive on the pitch and make these kids actually want to play for them. Hopefully we can get back to being a proper footballing side in the next few seasons

Mainoldo

That's Spartan 300 confidence levels. He already turned us down once after United gave him the red carpet tour of Old Trafford. He's seen through this club like Odegaard did when he was a hot commodity in Europe. When Real come into play forget about it
Very different. I don’t think he turned us down because of who we were but more as what we had to offer. We would of brought him and Amad Diallo’d him. Right now he’d be searching for a loan. It was the right move to make.

This would be different he’d be coming back to play first team Prem football. He’s not heading straight to La Liga without a Prem appearance. That’s why I’m so confident.

United in sin

Very different. I don’t think he turned us down because of who we were but more as what we had to offer. We would of brought him and Amad Diallo’d him. Right now he’d be searching for a loan. It was the right move to make.

This would be different he’d be coming back to play first team Prem football. He’s not heading straight to La Liga without a Prem appearance. That’s why I’m so confident.
Is this based on some set precedence or are you privy to something the general public isn't haha? I'd genuinely like to know why you think his career will follow a set trajectory in your mind.

These elite kids are making all kinds of unprecedented transfer moves these days. You could be right mind, I'm just curious. Bellingham has been heavily linked to Liverpool and they seem a real viable option for him

Mainoldo

Is this based on some set precedence or are you privy to something the general public isn't haha? I'd genuinely like to know why you think his career will follow a set trajectory in your mind.

These elite kids are making all kinds of unprecedented transfer moves these days. You could be right mind, I'm just curious. Bellingham has been heavily linked to Liverpool and they seem a real viable option for him
If Liverpool can afford him which I doubt. I’m sure he’d pick them over Madrid.

as for the first part name me an English player playing abroad at the peak of their career? You’ll have your answer somewhere in there.

United in sin

If Liverpool can afford him which I doubt. I’m sure he’d pick them over Madrid.

as for the first part name me an English player playing abroad at the peak of their career? You’ll have your answer somewhere in there.
Im not wholly disagreeing but the times they are a-changing. Bellingham and and Sancho are just two high profile names among the first of a whole new group of English youngsters who have already taken a different pathway to first team football. I see many coming back as the PL is at the top of the chain currently but it won't always be the case. As for Bellingham he just comes off as a different breed. I think he'll go to wherever makes the most sense for his career, English or not

Last edited:

jackal&hyde

Big talent but not worth the money at this point. Whenever I've seen him play he has been like a cheap version of Pogba. Needs to stay a couple more years in Germany and develop before making the step up.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
Big talent but not worth the money at this point. Whenever I've seen him play he has been like a cheap version of Pogba. Needs to stay a couple more years in Germany and develop before making the step up.
Better than Pogba at 18

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
It will be interesting to see where he goes. Huge talent for sure. But when you look at the managers at the very top of the game right now, they heavily default to very experienced midfielders who can really carry out their instructions and are very tactically astute. Its hard for me to see a guy like Pep, Klopp, Tuchel, or Conte handing the car keys to an 18 or 19-year-old midfielder and telling him to drive for 30+ games a season.

LuckyScout78

Why i love top managers. If you are good enough then you are old enough. Doesnt matter the level.

That was one of the thing i like about Wenger with Arsenal. Playing Fabregas regular in CM with Viera. Fabregas debuted at 16 years 177 days.

The big difference were and are. Arsenal were a dominating team. Not this United team anno 2022.

Fabregas had a world class DM or all round cm Patrick Viera beside him. Do United have a world class CM here right now?And as a whole team. Are United a dominating team?

So 2 big reasons that will lift a world class talent are :
+ A world class manager that believe, trust and motivate him
+ World class teammates around him that will help and lift his performances. = The collective will live the individual.

Bellingham is not world class talent. Still can develop many areas. But Bellingham no doubt belong to the best talents out there.

Which clubs will dominate about 5 years. Depend most on which clubs get the best talents in the world. Like Pedri, Gavi and Bellingham.

If Liverpool or REal Madrid get top talents like Bellingham. Rebuild the golden era after Salah and Van Dijk. Then it will be really really difficult for United if they get Ten Hag or Twenty Hag.

Liverpool and City are getting best players around. Liverpool start with Salah, Mane and Van Dijk.
City with Ruben Dias.

In competition world. Its about strenght your team and avoid your rivals to strength . Stop the getting best players ball rolling. If that ball keeps rolling. Naturally theirs dominating will keeps rolling.

Conclusion about Jude Bellingham. He is right now a both short and long time for United. None of United current CM players, include Bruno as nr.8. Can pass players easily from cm area. Bellingham has the speed and explosive in him. And that was one of the key ability of the peak Fabregas and Modric. Ability to pass players from midfield area, beside really really good on the ball and passing. Complete creative cm player. United this kind of cm player. Not only passing passing passing passing. And no ability to dribbling and pass opponent players. Limit limit.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I’m personally done with Dortmund players until Sancho starts performing.

Bellingham for Henderson makes sense anyway.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Him going to Liverpool would hurt my soul.
This will be the end of Klopp.

Dortmund players always fail.

He will sign Bellingham to replace Henderson with players like Salah and Mane leaving.

He will have a worse season that this year and will feel like he doesn’t want to manage Liverpool anymore.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
He's a top player, or at least he definitely will be very soon. But at his price tag, he's not worth spending 100M on. What he is most useful as is as a reminder of the value of scouting. There are other Jude Bellingham's out there. He isn't some unique player who sprang from an egg fully formed and ready to go. He was a top young player for ages, and then went to a club where he played regularly. It's not rocket science. We just have to scout well, try and attract the best young talents before they become the next big thing and command a 100m price tag, and above all we have to let them play.

Credit where it's due, we tried to sign him when he was leaving Birmingham, and you have to accept that you can't get everyone. But instead of trying to sign him now for nine figures, we should take that as a validation of our scouting efforts, and look to sign the next one. Because there will be one. Correction, there already is one. If we had been a little smarter for instance, we could have used the money outlayed on Pellestri and Diallo, and picked up Tchouameni at an earlier age. But we wanted to see him develop more, to assess him more, and by the time you realise he is good enough, so has everyone else and the price has quintupled and you have better placed rivals trying to sign him.

I imagine that's the strategy we tried with Diallo, and again you can't be too critical when it doesn't work out. But it's not something we've done enough, or indeed particularly well.

LuckyScout78

He get to be one of the LCM or RCM player in Ten Hag 433. Not as DCM.

With Bellingham engine, drive and skills. He get to be box to box cm player. Help the attacking upfront.

But in 4231. Bellingham would be a offensive nr.8 cm player beside a more defensive cm player nr.6 2 CM duo

Telsim

He get to be one of the LCM or RCM player in Ten Hag 433. Not as DCM.

With Bellingham engine, drive and skills. He get to be box to box cm player. Help the attacking upfront.

But in 4231. Bellingham would be a offensive nr.8 cm player beside a more defensive cm player nr.6 2 CM duo
That's nice and all, but we are not getting Bellingham in this universe. At least not until he is 33. :lol:

Rolaholic

Pointless talking point. No way he is coming our way
Yea that ship sailed when he turned us down for Dortmund even after visiting Carrington with his family and meeting Fergie.

He'll end up either at Real or 'Pool/City/Chelsea within the next 2 years

arthurka

Hate this shit, we failed bigtime not getting him. Should have retired his number in advance.

Hughie77

Hes another Halland, we rolled out the Red carpet treatment apparently for him then he goes to Dortmund. His Father If I can remember his is Agent of some sort, just like Halland they want a piece of the pie. Reports are true City paid £31 or so million in agents fees?

Same is going to be wanted with this kid. So wherever he goes the transfer fee is just 1 part of it. He's turned us down once so why even bother trying to sign or even be interested in him. He will leave Dortmund they all do at what price depends. Good luck to all involved.

edgecutter

Let's just avoid dortmund players. Any time we sign a player from them they end up duds

Posh Red

This will be the end of Klopp.

Dortmund players always fail.

He will sign Bellingham to replace Henderson with players like Salah and Mane leaving.

He will have a worse season that this year and will feel like he doesn’t want to manage Liverpool anymore.
Did Gundogan fail?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Hes another Halland, we rolled out the Red carpet treatment apparently for him then he goes to Dortmund. His Father If I can remember his is Agent of some sort, just like Halland they want a piece of the pie. Reports are true City paid £31 or so million in agents fees?

Same is going to be wanted with this kid. So wherever he goes the transfer fee is just 1 part of it. He's turned us down once so why even bother trying to sign or even be interested in him. He will leave Dortmund they all do at what price depends. Good luck to all involved.
Well they didn't have the foresight to be a release clause in, so their piece of pie won't be as big as Haalands.

Salford_Red83

As with Haaland, we rolled out the red carpet for this guy.

He didn't want to come.

People really need to get over the fact not everyone wants to play for us. It's that simple.

I don't care who he plays for or where he ends up.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I have yet to see anything special about him to be honest - a bit like Sancho I watched him play for England and couldn't see the player everybody was raving about - it's the same with this kid. I'm sure he is talented but I don't see anything special at all.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Bundesliga is not all that. I wouldn’t be queuing up to sign him for 100m plus.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
As with Haaland, we rolled out the red carpet for this guy.

He didn't want to come.

People really need to get over the fact not everyone wants to play for us. It's that simple.

I don't care who he plays for or where he ends up.
Or maybe he just wanted to go somewhere at 17 where he'd continue to play regular football and develop and saw Dortmund as the best option at the time and not United?

That doesn't mean he'd turn down a move to you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.