Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Hes another Halland, we rolled out the Red carpet treatment apparently for him then he goes to Dortmund. His Father If I can remember his is Agent of some sort, just like Halland they want a piece of the pie. Reports are true City paid £31 or so million in agents fees?

Same is going to be wanted with this kid. So wherever he goes the transfer fee is just 1 part of it. He's turned us down once so why even bother trying to sign or even be interested in him. He will leave Dortmund they all do at what price depends. Good luck to all involved.
Agents do close to nothing for the best players with regards to getting a transfer. If Haaland and Bellingham can convince clubs to throw tens of millions at their ‘agent’ parents… good. They deserve it. It’s a tax on the clubs. All players that can do it, should.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Or maybe he just wanted to go somewhere at 17 where he'd continue to play regular football and develop and saw Dortmund as the best option at the time and not United?

That doesn't mean he'd turn down a move to you in the future.
Yep. Sancho turned us down for Dortmund as well. He chose to go there as he was more confident it was a better place to continue developing at that age. After a few years further development and establishing himself, he was then desperate to leave Dortmund to join us.

Sancho, Haaland and Bellingham all did the exact same thing. They wanted to join Dortmund as they've proven to be a fantastic developing ground for players of top ability around that age. Bigger teams were interested in them at the time (ourselves being the main one for all three unfortunately), but they felt Dortmund was the better option for themselves. Honestly, I'd be very tempted to do the same in their position despite obviously being a huge Utd fan.

Crickus

I think he is a good season or two off being ready for the Premiership. I thought he looked poor against Hungary and there is alot more refinement needed in his game. There is talent there but he should stay at Dortmund for 1-2 more seasons

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Hes another Halland, we rolled out the Red carpet treatment apparently for him then he goes to Dortmund.
I would hardly call it Red carpet treatment when you tried to sign him for the youth (with according wages) while Dortmund wanted to sign him for the first team (and therefore making an offer that was more interesting both financially and on the pitch).

Tavern in the town

Yep. Sancho turned us down for Dortmund as well. He chose to go there as he was more confident it was a better place to continue developing at that age. After a few years further development and establishing himself, he was then desperate to leave Dortmund to join us.

Sancho, Haaland and Bellingham all did the exact same thing. They wanted to join Dortmund as they've proven to be a fantastic developing ground for players of top ability around that age. Bigger teams were interested in them at the time (ourselves being the main one for all three unfortunately), but they felt Dortmund was the better option for themselves. Honestly, I'd be very tempted to do the same in their position despite obviously being a huge Utd fan.
I don’t think it’s a great league to go to to develop as a forward tbh. Players tend to pick up a lot of bad habits, become reliant on playing against teams camped on the halfway line. Look at Werner and Sancho who look lost against packed defences. Here’s hoping Haaland is the same although I very much doubt it.

Paul778

I would hardly call it Red carpet treatment when you tried to sign him for the youth (with according wages) while Dortmund wanted to sign him for the first team (and therefore making an offer that was more interesting both financially and on the pitch).
This is so our problem and the reason we're struggling to get Timber over the line. Our current message is come and join us and get 3 starts in the season and a load of 15-20 mins at the end of games. If we want these hungry players we need to give a more compelling reason to join us.

It's not like our squad over the last 5-6 years has had a wealth of undroppable players (from a performance perspective - not cos we spent 50m+ on them). Maybe 2-3 at most.

Tavern in the town

This is so our problem and the reason we're struggling to get Timber over the line. Our current message is come and join us and get 3 starts in the season and a load of 15-20 mins at the end of games. If we want these hungry players we need to give a more compelling reason to join us.

It's not like our squad over the last 5-6 years has had a wealth of undroppable players (from a performance perspective - not cos we spent 50m+ on them). Maybe 2-3 at most.
And where pray tell have you got this from?

noelyman

What? Are we only playing 4 games next season? Imagine thinking we'd sign Timber and he'd only get 3 starts per season. :lol: Did you watch us play last season? My 8 year old would get 3 starts in this team. At least he'd keep running for 90 mins.

Bobski

Talented player, but I wouldn't be going for him at the moment, he needs to emotionally mature as a player, last thing Utd need is more toxicity. The body language, head shaking and the visible negativity towards his teammates when they make a mistake, all slightly concerning. It is a strength to expect high standards and to be competitive but there are healthier ways to show it.

Last edited:

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
At least Pogba could produce unbelievable assists now and again. This guy is exceptional at nothing. Well bar maybe diving in the box.

Hulme91

Stay well clear, he'd turn out like every other Dortmund player that we've bought
A System player that can't adapt when under pressure in a higher quality environment

goalscholes

England players, quite rightly, are half arsing international friendlies before the start of pre season. No one should take anything from performances in the pointless Nations League matches (even though I think Southgate isn’t good enough for this generation of players).

Ted Lasso

Stay well clear, he'd turn out like every other Dortmund player that we've bought
A System player that can't adapt when under pressure in a higher quality environment
Are you referring to the English national team? The joke of international football since 1966 whose fans turn into racist trolls instead of internalizing their team's ineptitude?

I think he's had more experience at the higher quality level with Dortmund and done quite well. Can't hold a few games with the three lions against him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Fairly obvious this is the player Liverpool are waiting for

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal

Fairly obvious this is the player Liverpool are waiting for
I wouldn't rule out City coming in for him as well. I'm sure he wouldn't mind linking back up with Halaand, and they might need to replace Gundagon & Bernardo Silva.

Varun1

I wouldn't rule out City coming in for him as well. I'm sure he wouldn't mind linking back up with Halaand, and they might need to replace Gundagon & Bernardo Silva.
Long term KDB replacement?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Break the bank for him next summer, might only need a RB and GK next summer anyway

Giggsy13

If United manage a top 4 place then we should be in for him next season as well. It will be the type of bidding war that Dortmund were hoping for Sancho.

Giggsy13

It'll be a bidding war in terms of fee and wages he is offered.

Does Liverpool have enough money to compete at the top level?

£100m fee and £250k per week, I am guessing.
I would guess that £120 million will be the going transfer fee by next season for his type of talent/profile.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I think he's over rated and I'll die on that hill till he proves me wrong.

BuzzKillington

Are city really going to be as big a pull moving forward as they have been in the past, assuming pep sticks to his promise to leave next year. They had big players wanting to join them in anticipation of him becoming manager, players viewing them as a primo destination when he was there. I personally think a few of their players will be looking for the exit when he goes.

Anderson_7_

How has he actually been for Dortmund?
Not very good this season, so far. He's losing the ball way too easy and even costing them a goal or two. I don't know, I think he's just over it and wants to move.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Are city really going to be as big a pull moving forward as they have been in the past, assuming pep sticks to his promise to leave next year. They had big players wanting to join them in anticipation of him becoming manager, players viewing them as a primo destination when he was there. I personally think a few of their players will be looking for the exit when he goes.
Im not sure he promised to leave next year, there's been lots of talk already about him signing an extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.