Jude Bellingham | Signed for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macedonian Red

Casemiro and De Jong in pivot is the best posible in the world probably. So i am all for Frenkie even he refused us last summer.

cyberman

Surely it’s us v Chelsea for him now if he wants to come back to England?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Surely it’s us v Chelsea for him now if he wants to come back to England?
I suspect Arsenal will get involved too. Partey Bellingham Odegaard would be a brilliant trio.

My inclination is that the player is overrated and overpriced. Wouldn’t mind if we got him, but wouldn’t care if we didn’t either.

Lynty

I think he's ours, as long as Ten Hag is happy to pay the £100m it's going to cost. My gut is saying he would still prefer De Jong for half the price, which is hard to disagree with if De Jong is prepared to move.

City have the looming threat of point deduction or financial restriction. Liverpool have played themselves out of contention. Chelsea are done on big spending, surely? Spurs are Spurs. Too early for Newcastle. We've already laid the groundwork for deal a couple years ago.

If it's England, it's us or Arsenal.

PSG and Madrid will still have plenty to say yet though.

bosskeano

don't see him coming to the premier league in the summer....Dortmund are going to want Enzo type money for him

EtH

not going to buy Rice either as Moyes already said they'll demand a british record transfer fee for him
Sounds like Chelsea to me. To unlock Enzo.

Jude will either end up here or in Liverpool.

bosskeano

Sounds like Chelsea to me. To unlock Enzo.

Jude will either end up here or in Liverpool.
Liverpool need a massive overhaul of that squad and in particular the midfield....not sure spending 100m+ for Jude makes sense for them but yes i could see him going there

EtH

I just can’t see any other club affording him.
The dippers spent £100m on one player just this summer. I have a feeling that’s where he’ll end up.

Not too bothered, honestly.

Witchking

He seems to have made up his mind based on the England camp videos hanging out with the Liverpool lads. Just like Sancho had when the PSG-United game showed his celebrating back in March 2019. Pogba joined United when we were in the Europa. One league season without the CL wouldn't be a breaking point for Bellingham. He probably would like to know the future of Klopp and would just commit to 5 years.

The only way he would not join is that Liverpool need defenders and midfielders and spending a lot on Jude would not make sense. But i hope he goes there for a record 100 million plus and Liverpool do not get the money to spend more.

Not too fussed if he joins United or doesn't.

Mainoldo

I just can’t see any other club affording him.
I know what you are saying but he’s a special case where who can spend the most money won’t dictate where he ends up like say an Enzo.

I feel(heard) Liverpool is his preferred choice and chosen choice.. but again. I can see him pulling away from the deal with no Champions League.

So Madrid, United and City are my favourites. However with the City news today, it should rule them out… however I’m sure he won’t care and if they get relegated he’ll just move again.

bosskeano

if i'm going to choose between buying two players for this team....I'd buy Bellingham every single time

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
The pro-Madrid press/youtubers/influencers have started with the "Ceballos is 26, like Modric when he came to Madrid." , "what virtues does Modric have that Ceballos doesn't", "Zidane will convince Bellingham" which translated means they are not so optimistic anymore.
Apparently they made him an offer some time ago to which he has not yet responded.

EtH

The pro-Madrid press/youtubers/influencers have started with the "Ceballos is 26, like Modric when he came to Madrid." , "what virtues does Modric have that Ceballos doesn't", "Zidane will convince Bellingham" which translated means they are not so optimistic anymore.
Apparently they made him an offer some time ago to which he has not yet responded.
Don’t you already have an entire midfield of young starlets ready to take over from the old guard there ?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Don’t you already have an entire midfield of young starlets ready to take over from the old guard there ?
We have a solid, versatile and intense midfield but there is a lot of dependence on Modric in terms of creativity.

EtH

We have a solid, versatile and intense midfield but there is a lot of dependence on Modric in terms of creativity.
Ah, so. What’s with Camavinga these days ? You really looking to get rid already ?

Mainoldo

simply b/c we have Casemiro for the next couple of years and having a legit 8 who's box to box would be more ideal
Casemiro is not a 6 he’s just a pure CM. Put him with Rice who is also not a restricted 6. You just have Keane and Ince.

They will work it out on the field when to go and hold. The best thing about Rice is he’s an intelligent footballer in regards to positioning. Casemiro would improve him ten fold.

EtH

Casemiro is not a 6 he’s just a pure CM. Put him with Rice who is also not a restricted 6. You just have Keane and Ince.

They will work it out on the field when to go and hold. The best thing about Rice is he’s an intelligent footballer in regards to positioning. Casemiro would improve him ten fold.
Rice is not a playmaker. He doesn’t dictate anything. Doesn’t have the vision or the passing range for it.

We’re not interested. I guarantee you this.

RedorDead21

Rice is not a playmaker. He doesn’t dictate anything. Doesn’t have the vision or the passing range for it.

And not at all press resistant…

bosskeano

EtH uses Casemiro at the 6 in the build up phase most of the time and he's typically the deepest midfielder defensively in the rotation. Can he carry a ball? yes Does he get into the box at times? yes

I'd rather have a guy like Jude who is a pure box to box guy that can carry the ball and create around the box than put a guy like Rice in there who is much more like Casemiro as then our midfield becomes a bit too defensive minded

romufc

This. I had this bate with a few friends during the world cup. They rave about Rice and I said, have a look how many times he plays the ball forward.

Ofcourse there will be times he does but 85% of the passes I saw, sideways, backwards. He is just a better McTominay.

When you watch a WC CDM in Casemiro, you realise that they can play forward, they can start attacks.

Rice is not worth having in our team if we want to progress. He is used to playing sit back deep line and 2 holding mid for club and country.

This would be another Maguire esque signing. We need to stay far far away from him.

Shinjch

He is not one that I would be hugely disappointed in missing out on. He is a bit positionally ambiguous from what I have seen, and at the cost it will take to get him I would prefer us to focus on different targets.

OmarUnited4ever

Yeah that was really evident in yesterdays game, Madrid really needs a creative midfielder and a striker to replace Modric & Benzema

Hammondo

He's not at all a pure CM, he's defensive. Our standards for a DM is so low that when someone can do such good play as a DM you start claiming he is something else.

This is why players like Rice get overrated.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Sucic or Majer (maybe both) seems to be the type of Modric replacement Real will go for. Not that Real can't afford Bellingham, but I don't see Florentino giving the green light on the exorbitant fee for a single English player.

Status
Not open for further replies.