Jude Bellingham | Signed for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Jude Bellingham makes very little sense for us.
Unfortunately blowing €100m+ on a hyped-up player who doesn’t really fit what we’re trying to do would be typical of our transfer strategy of the last decade or so. Hopefully the recent changes on that front mean a bit more thought will go into the process going forward.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
That guy talks utter shite. He’s our top target and he’ll cost 150m but we can’t afford him due to FFP and he won’t choose us anyway - so why is he our top target? Oh and we want Chuopo-Moting and we expect him to move in January but he won’t move in January - so we know less than this journalist and now all of Twitter?

croadyman

Agree with all of this. These reports of him being our top target confuse me. Unless our now de facto captain Bruno Fernandes suddenly drops off the face of the earth, Jude Bellingham makes very little sense for us. We’ll be far better off begging Frenkie for another summer, or finding an alternative central midfield whose best traits are ball retention and composure under the press in the first and middle third of the football field.
Yeah you are bang on because need to buy so much cover as well so can't burn €150m on just one player that's for sure

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
That guy talks utter shite. He’s our top target and he’ll cost 150m but we can’t afford him due to FFP and he won’t choose us anyway - so why is he our top target? Oh and we want Chuopo-Moting and we expect him to move in January but he won’t move in January - so we know less than this journalist and now all of Twitter?
Yep, he's talking utter tripe.

Thiagoal

Hannibal Mejbri could well develop into a player of very similar ilk. I’d much rather we target our glaring weaknesses…I.e. a bloody striker!

crossy1686

career ending
This is starting to sound a lot like Sancho all over again.

The issue is, if you're Bellingham, and you've been courted by United for years, it still makes zero sense to join when you could go somewhere else and actually win trophies.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Feck sake they have enough quality in CM
Only works if Bernardo finally leaves for Barcelona at the end of this season. I could see that being how this one plays out. Gundogans contract is also up at the end of the year too.

Bwuk

Rodri, Bellingham & KdB is cheating.

Only works if Bernardo finally leaves for Barcelona at the end of this season. I could see that being how this one plays out. Gundogans contract is also up at the end of the year too.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hannibal Mejbri could well develop into a player of very similar ilk. I’d much rather we target our glaring weaknesses…I.e. a bloody striker!
Agreed.

We need to stop day dreaming of winning these 'mega transfers' and stop living in a day dream that we are fishing in those ponds now.

Concentrate on the lads we've already got. Mejbri/Kainoo could develop into just as good if not better.

redshaw

I don't think we're high up on his list and we could well be 5th-6th this year.

Probably between City and Madrid. Dortmund might have to come down with the fee as well. Perhaps Liverpool next if he gets assurances Klopp is staying.

Lux Thunder

Bellingham is a top talent, no doubts about it and there would be no joy about him joining our rivals, but at his price tag, we should avoid him having in mind other needs in our squad and spend those funds on a starting striker and arguably a goalkeeper.

There are plenty of talented creative midfielders that we could buy for much less money and that could be good rotation options or possible starters in the future, such as Enzo Le Fee, Enzo Fernandez and Orkun Kökçü. Also, for less money, you can buy both a progressing playmaker and a young cover for Casemiro like Manuel Ugarte of Sporting.

croadyman

Bellingham is a top talent, no doubts about it and there would be no joy about him joining our rivals, but at his price tag, we should avoid him having in mind other needs in our squad and spend those funds on a starting striker and arguably a goalkeeper.

There are plenty of talented creative midfielders that we could buy for much less money and that could be good rotation options or possible starters in the future, such as Enzo Le Fee, Enzo Fernandez and Orkun Kökçü. Also, for less money, you can buy both a progressing playmaker and a young cover for Casemiro like Manuel Ugarte of Sporting.
Yeah no doubt he is a special player,however we still have holes in the first XI and squad too. Would be different if it's the only issue we had.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We shouldn't be spending more than 100m on a CM. Dortmund will ask for more than 100m so let's please not even waste our time.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Still think the club that gets him will be good for a decade or more, hope United bid big for him.

Need some major outs, but all the other positions are definitely attainable even with a big buy with Bellingham if he wanted to join.

Kids world class and has everything, makes everything seem easy.

Trex

Still think the club that gets him will be good for a decade or more, hope United bid big for him.

Need some major outs, but all the other positions are definitely attainable even with a big buy with Bellingham if he wanted to join.

Kids world class and has everything, makes everything seem easy.
Always the exaggeration with young players. Sancho was suppose to be the best thing since slice bread.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He is clearly world class in a 3 and is allowed to get forward. Similar to what Pogba was at his best. I hope he finds a good team that gets the best out of him.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He's like a Yaya toure regen. Very good and still so young. Haaland of the midfield. This kid is a sure thing.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He's like a Yaya toure regen. Very good and still so young. Haaland of the midfield. This kid is a sure thing.
He's a special talent you can see everything is just effortless, he's one of those players you just need to sign when they're available, I'd hate for him to go to City.

Literally has 13-14 years of top level football ahead of him, even if its £130M and scraping together a striker, keeping DDG an extra year and shipping out some players just do it.

Top top player in the making.

Yik

Will be sickening to see him turn out for Liverpool or City.

El Zoido

Every big club in the world will be in for him including Madrid and Barcelona.

Not sure what chance we have considering he turned us down once already.

captaincantona

looked great today but let’s be a bit balanced…this was a training session for England. There was no midfield battle. Hence why rice and Bellingham had it so easy.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
looked great today but let’s be a bit balanced…this was a training session for England. There was no midfield battle. Hence why rice and Bellingham had it so easy.
They did, but Bellingham looked so much better than Rice, in touch, awareness, passing and making far less mistakes.

Zed 101

Hope he doesnt go to City and turn into a robot.
From an England perspective Pep would improve him as a player, selfishly I hope he doesn't got to city but then lets face it right now we need to put ourselves in a box seat if we want to have any chance of signing him

Status
Not open for further replies.