Jude Bellingham | Signed for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

How many promising CMs are RM looking to stockpile?
All of them :lol:

Tbf, that's one way to try to replace one of the best midfield units ever with Modric and Kroos in the twighlight of their careers and having already lost Casemiro.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Hasn't Bellers made it clear he wants to play in the PL first and foremost? Then the question of salary comes into the equation. :lol: :lol: :lol: I literally laugh in Real Madrid's faces. Our new owners use 12 million Euros a year to wipe their arses in the morning. :lol::lol::lol:

Mr PG

The fact that 3 people who have no active day to day role in the football club were given the job of convincing him was probably why he didn’t join.

Just a hunch.
Ole coaching the team no promising youngster was going to come. His football advisors and agents were all going to advise against it etc…

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
Overhyped English player syndrome with this guy I think.(If we don't get him hope he goes to RM :lol:)
You nee to football or something? The kids been doing it for 3/4 years consistently now, and he’s only 19!

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
It’s will be City if he come to England. He can do RM for 5 years, and then come to the EPL when the next wave of dominant teams is in fully swing. Many it’s United?

croadyman

It’s will be City if he come to England. He can do RM for 5 years, and then come to the EPL when the next wave of dominant teams is in fully swing. Many it’s United?
Real is better than the old enemy

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I don't really think he suit the profile of a Madrid player but surely they know better.

Rolaholic

Spanish outlets going big on Jude to RM

Cezine

Supports
Real Madrid
Hasn't Bellers made it clear he wants to play in the PL first and foremost? Then the question of salary comes into the equation. :lol: :lol: :lol: I literally laugh in Real Madrid's faces. Our new owners use 12 million Euros a year to wipe their arses in the morning. :lol::lol::lol:
No he don't. You can't find ONE recent video where he says he wants to stay playing on the PL, do you? So it's alm hoping for you. And yes, 12M euros is also what RM use to wipe their arse in the morning, so does Florentino Perez, who btw has the same net worth as the richest of all the new owners of Liverpool FC.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
As a Birmingham fan who watched this kid emerge, I’d like him to go to Madrid. Then my preference would be that you lot sort yourselves out, and then he joined United in 5 years on a free aged 24, with 2 Champions Leagues under either arm.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Madrid being after him is a real statement. @giorno your fans want him? Doesn't look a Madrid player to me, but he's coachable and young, so there's plenty of time to turn him into one, if he isn't already.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Bellingham > Real Madrid
Fernandez > Liverpool
Rice > Chelsea

Could definitely see that being a thing. It feels like we're 12 months too late in signing a CF and while we're prioritising that position this summer 12 months down the line we'll probably be looking for whatever left overs there are in the CM market :(

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Honestly I don’t see why. Even if Kroos and Modric retire, pull Fede back to midfield and let Camavinga develop similar to Vini. It’s not an area needs fixing imo. Much more important positions like a striker, RW and RB.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Citys team is getting old, only young WC players at the moment are Haaland and Phoden in a rainy Manchester.

Bellingham is probably more interested in playing in a sunny Madrid together with some of the biggest talents in the world in Militao, Camavinga, Valverde, Tchouaméni, Endrick, Vini Jr, Rodrygo etc etc (and Mbappe will play there in 1-3 years as well). Real Madrid is building a new super team.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Real Madrid already has Tchouameni, Valverde and Camavinga. If Bellingham joins Real, we should go in for the latter 2.
Valverde is currently one of their most selected players, whether in midfield or right wing. Camavinga is the only one whose place really seems in question but both Modric and Kroos may leave after this year. Even if they sign Bellingham, there may be more minutes for Camavinga.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
Just like Sancho eh?
Did Sancho do 44 games in the hairy arsed Championship at 16 and be the best player in the majority of games he played in?

Did Sancho get MoM vs City in the Champions League multiple times ages 18?

They are not comparable. Jude is a genetic freak like Rooney was for his age.

Rodgerzzz

If he's going to end up anywhere I'd rather it be Real Madrid. Obviously for the fact he wouldn't be strengthening a domestic rival but also given recent history there's a lot more hope of us getting a quality player out of RM down the line than if he ended up at City, Liverpool or Chelsea.

Lynty

Once a week I crosspaths with one of his close family members. I sent his family a United themed Christmas card with Ten Hag's face on saying "I hope you Hag a nice Christmas". So it's basically a done deal.

Your welcome.

Rolaholic

Ed Woodward (then United’s managing director) was the one who was most insistent,” he told Mundo Deportivo.

“We sat down and talked about how we could convince Bellingham. But Jude didn’t make any decisions based on money.

“Manchester United offered twice as much as the rest of the clubs, they even brought him together with Ferguson, Cantona and Solskjaer to convince him. But Jude did not make any decision based on money”

“They were offering much more salary compared to the rest. Maybe double. He was going to be guaranteed millions in the bank and he didn’t take it. That’s not normal for a player at all,”

“I could only act as Birmingham’s CEO. I could say to him Jude, Manchester United are offering you three times what we are offering, you have to go.

“And it was a difficult position, because I wanted to respect his decision. At the time he could have gone for free, and we wouldn’t see any money. And our promise was that we would let them make the decision because of the loyalty they showed us.

I’m loving my life

Valverde is currently one of their most selected players, whether in midfield or right wing. Camavinga is the only one whose place really seems in question but both Modric and Kroos may leave after this year. Even if they sign Bellingham, there may be more minutes for Camavinga.
This

For once Real are really discarding galacticos for a long term recruitment policy which is prioritising the midfield. They can rotate the four for a decade and use Valverde on the right.

Serves us right for not trying hard enough to get any of them when they were cheap.

Lynty

This

For once Real are really discarding galacticos for a long term recruitment policy which is prioritising the midfield. They can rotate the four for a decade and use Valverde on the right.

Serves us right for not trying hard enough to get any of them when they were cheap.
??

The post above literally says we tried the hardest for Bellingham, More than double the money, personal meetings, I beleive we even was in with his parents quite closely giving them assurances on his future. We did likewise for Haaland. Camavinga we declared earlier interest than other clubs but it didn't get past initial talks due to his heart set on Spain. Our effort to sign top youngster players isn't the issue. The issue is we were an unstable mess until up until very recently, and now the club is up for sale with uncertain future ownership.

Vapor trail

Real Madrid already has Tchouameni, Valverde and Camavinga. If Bellingham joins Real, we should go in for the latter 2.
I don't think Camavinga will hold down a consistent role at Madrid. I haven't watched him consistently but whenever I've observed him he does seem like a player who thrives out of possession rather than on the ball. I also don't think that midfield is balanced either. Valverde and Bellingham both can do the box to box, neither are as proficient in distributing the ball as comfortably as Modric or Kroos.

I would be surprised if Bellingham joins Madrid over the likes of City / Liverpool. If Liverpool don't finish in the top four maybe according to them he's a fan of the club and Gerrard is his hero. I know it doesn't stand for much professionally but it does when all clubs are in the running for the same player.

Rolaholic

Liverpool taking another loss to Real Madrid is football heritage

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
They’ve really taken advantage of their resurgence this past decade and signed basically most of the best young talent in the world. Exactly what we didn’t do the last time we were on top.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
They’ve really taken advantage of their resurgence this past decade and signed basically most of the best young talent in the world. Exactly what we didn’t do the last time we were on top.
When we were at the top under Fergie, post Ronaldo's move to Real Madrid. We didn't make best use of the world record £80m fee received for Ronaldo. And we gave Man City a free run to sign the likes of Yaya Toure, David Silva and Aguero, who would catapult our noisy neighbours to multiple league wins and form the foundation for what was to come.

David Gill was the CEO and the Glazers didn't back the football departments who in-turn would've backed the first team manager. There was apparently no value in the market whilst David Gill allowed the academy to deteriorate.

RoyH1

Get the feeling he ends up in City. All the press talk about him going to Madrid are citing the same 2 stories from AS and Marca. And they’re rarely right about transfers since being shut out by Florentino Perez

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
How they fitting all these midfielders in one team?! Tchouameni, Valverede, Camavinga, Kroos, Modric and Bellingham.

Sickeningly rich in quality, that.

Jam

How they fitting all these midfielders in one team?! Tchouameni, Valverede, Camavinga, Kroos, Modric and Bellingham.

Sickeningly rich in quality, that.
Kroos might be retiring end of the season, he’s undecided.

Modric is still top quality but might want to wind down next season and have reduced minutes while mentoring, or even go have a season elsewhere.

Valverde sometimes plays more advanced doesn’t he? Have him down as a bit of multitasker.

Camavinga might even get a loan move.

Lots of permutations of how they work around that, but either way it is an embarrassing riches of midfield depth. And to be honest there’ll probably still room for a proper ball playing midfielder.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Kroos might be retiring end of the season, he’s undecided.

Modric is still top quality but might want to wind down next season and have reduced minutes while mentoring, or even go have a season elsewhere.

Valverde sometimes plays more advanced doesn’t he? Have him down as a bit of multitasker.

Camavinga might even get a loan move.

Lots of permutations of how they work around that, but either way it is an embarrassing riches of midfield depth. And to be honest there’ll probably still room for a proper ball playing midfielder.
Yeah, was more a post of jealousy than anything. To think we just bought their best DM too, this summer :lol: .

Jam

Yeah, was more a post of jealousy than anything. To think we just bought their best DM too, this summer :lol: .
Their midfield is basically set for a decade! Crazy to think. And then they have Vini Jr and then Endrick to come.

They’re well on their way to building their next great team, it’s honestly one of the best “transition” periods I’ve ever seen.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
With this kid I see Man City all over him if he comes to the PL, they'll go mental on him with wages.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
As a Birmingham fan who watched this kid emerge, I’d like him to go to Madrid. Then my preference would be that you lot sort yourselves out, and then he joined United in 5 years on a free aged 24, with 2 Champions Leagues under either arm.
Bit of a pipe dream that.

Status
Not open for further replies.