Jude Bellingham | Signed for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosskeano

not bad for madrid to potentially pay 120m for a luxury player just based on the guys they already have in midfield

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Are you saying it won’t be United turn on the wheel of the EPL in 5 years time?
Oh for sure. I was saying that disparagingly. I just meant if he signs for Real Madrid, it seems rather unlikely that he’ll join United on a free in 5 years. United’s pull is what it is. You’re too club capable of attracting any player (if you’re willing to pay the money required of course).

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
we're no longer even being touted as a possible suitor for this guy. same for Rice. even the red tops have stopped making up "interested in" and "connected to"

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
we're no longer even being touted as a possible suitor for this guy. same for Rice. even the red tops have stopped making up "interested in" and "connected to"
Who cares. We need to go after players we can get, and most likely we will try for Enzo again

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We don't have money mate. Our budget if we get CL spot is probably about 70m-80m with 200k p/w in the summer (without selling) + 600m debt. New owner might need to pay the debt off to increase that budget.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
We don't have money mate. Our budget if we get CL spot is probably about 70m-80m with 200k p/w in the summer (without selling) + 600m debt. New owner might need to pay the debt off to increase that budget.
Plus the Qataris will be bringing a cash injection of 300 million for summer transfers. Let's not forget that.

sepulturite

The world and their wife know we have no money, so if we're buying a big name this summer, its a forward, hence why we're not linked anymore
But we'll be sold by the summer according to reports, so we will have money, so what your saying makes no sense.

Gurtej

I really don’t see it with him…… English hype again….too expensive…. I am sure there are better players outside, we just need good scouts

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
But we'll be sold by the summer according to reports, so we will have money, so what your saying makes no sense.
There is no guarantee that new owners would invest more. It's a bit naive to assume that.

Zed 101

Barring a turn around from Liverpool cannot see him going there this summer, if we finish top 3 I still think we will be behind city and real if we are in for him at all, given the finances I do not think ETH would want to blow the majority of his transfer budget on a midfielder, that said straight choice between Bellingham and DeJong is not even close, Bellingham is hands down better would rather waste the DeJong money on Bellingham

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
City need him and will get him, he won't flourish under Pep's system though but rather under the manager that succeeds Pep.

Raven

Barring a turn around from Liverpool cannot see him going there this summer, if we finish top 3 I still think we will be behind city and real if we are in for him at all, given the finances I do not think ETH would want to blow the majority of his transfer budget on a midfielder, that said straight choice between Bellingham and DeJong is not even close, Bellingham is hands down better would rather waste the DeJong money on Bellingham
Nah, De Jong is miles better in my opinion. I see Bellingham is a good player but I think he's beyond overrated.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Nah, De Jong is miles better in my opinion. I see Bellingham is a good player but I think he's beyond overrated.
Depends what type of player we’re after. They’re both completely different players, I see Bellingham more as a b2b midfielder where as de Jong is like a deep lying playmaker. I think Bellingham is the one we need most as we have Casemiro who drops deep to pick up the ball, won’t work with both him and FDJ playing the same role.

Raven

Depends what type of player we’re after. They’re both completely different players, I see Bellingham more as a b2b midfielder where as de Jong is like a deep lying playmaker. I think Bellingham is the one we need most as we have Casemiro who drops deep to pick up the ball, won’t work with both him and FDJ playing the same role.
I prefer De Jong as he offers something we don't have, ball carrying ability in the midfield.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I would say FdJ could play the Erikson role. Bellingham would obviously replace Fred/McTominay. Rice would also be another consideration.

DJ_21

I prefer De Jong as he offers something we don't have, ball carrying ability in the midfield.
Ye, both players are top and would bring something I think. I’d be happy with either.

DJ_21

I would say FdJ could play the Erikson role. Bellingham would obviously replace Fred/McTominay. Rice would also be another consideration.
Not sure about rice. Think that’s a no go since we’ve signed Casemiro. We don’t want to go back to playing 2 DMs. I mean obviously we’ll need to replace Casemiro eventually but I think rice will go to Chelsea. I’d be happy with either FDJ or Bellingham, depends if either of them want to join us though. Bellingham may be tempted by Madrid and FDJ is a lot happier at Barca now and getting more game time.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Our midfield options should be Casemiro, De Jong, Bellingham, Eriksen, Iqbal, Fernandes, Caicedo.

MegadrivePerson

I have it on good authority that Liverpool were his number one choice, and its part of the reason they haven't signed a midfielder yet is because they are waiting for Dortmund to give them the green light to buy him off them.

I can't see him joining them now though when they look like they'll be 7th or 8th this season.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Do that new rules apply to Chelsea? How have they managed to spend like this?
Because Chelsea sold players with good money. Real Madrid still haven’t fully pay hazard’s transfer fees, the same with Tammy Abraham and etc. and chelsea this season been doing 7 years contract payment when signing new players.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Do that new rules apply to Chelsea? How have they managed to spend like this?
Chelsea were given more flexibility with the take over. They've since changed the rules though so future take overs won't get the same benefits.

captaincantona

In Eriksen and Casemiro we have the perfect aged midfield to find and integrate top class young replacements.

For me, the likes of Bellingham and De Jong are too expensive and would demand a starting spot due to the trajectory of their current careers. Casemiro and Eriksen are setting a huge example in that midfield that we don’t want to just walk away from for a shiny new toy.

We should be looking at young top class midfielders that have not hit the heights of Barcelona or World Cups yet who wouldbe enticed at the prospect of learning from Eriksen and Casemiro.

In that bracket I would be attempting to sign premiere proven Caicedo - a CDM replacement if ever there was one. The bring back Mejbri and sell McT. Mejbri is reaching shit or get off the pot time.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Has a player ever been publicly tapped up so much like Liverpool have with this guy? It's kind of ridiculous.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
All clubs are circumventing FFP. We will too. It takes paperwork that's all. We can sell off land in Antarctica as prime real estate with the right paperwork.
The new FFP rule only allows to spend money within a clubs. Unlike other clubs, we have been shit selling players, which financially we will struggle to buy Bellingham.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
After just hearing Gerrard wanking himself off silly talking about Bellingham on BT sport just there, I'd be absolutely delighted if he went anywhere but there.

croadyman

In Eriksen and Casemiro we have the perfect aged midfield to find and integrate top class young replacements.

For me, the likes of Bellingham and De Jong are too expensive and would demand a starting spot due to the trajectory of their current careers. Casemiro and Eriksen are setting a huge example in that midfield that we don’t want to just walk away from for a shiny new toy.

We should be looking at young top class midfielders that have not hit the heights of Barcelona or World Cups yet who wouldbe enticed at the prospect of learning from Eriksen and Casemiro.

In that bracket I would be attempting to sign premiere proven Caicedo - a CDM replacement if ever there was one. The bring back Mejbri and sell McT. Mejbri is reaching shit or get off the pot time.
Why didn't we take him for £5m,anyway fully expecting him to end up at Chelsea too

dal

De Jong is twice the player. He’s also more of a playmaker technician than Bellingham who strikes me as more of a 433 B2B player which I dont think we need, sub £50 million good buy, someone will be had.

You should only pay £80 million plus for a front 3 player, we broke that rule with Pogba and it shook the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.