Jules Koundé | Signs for Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
There are journos imbedded with Seville. I pay attention to them. This reporter is with the team.

Jules Koundé has returned to work alone this afternoon. His transfer is not yet closed, so he will continue to focus on #SevillaFC until the negotiation with Chelsea is completed. @marca

If there was anything I have learned this window is Boehly’s lawyers are incredibly slow to close a deal. This Kounde transfer has the added fun that he just had a surgery so that being checked is going to slow it further. I would rather Chelsea do their due diligence and possibly get hijacked than spend £56m on a player with a surgery that was not successful.
Not saying you're wrong, just pointing out that half the stuff Marca do is intended to wum Barcelona. Or was that AS?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
It they can hijack the deal for €45m, more power to them.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Barcelona are signing him, then chelsea are signing him, then barcelona are signing him. :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Sevilla journalists are saying the deal is being held up on Chelsea’s end - apparently Boehly lad is moving a bit too slow. Sevilla are still waiting for documentation on the verbal agreement reached the day before. If the documents arrive before Barca make a move, which they say they haven’t yet, Chelsea get Kounde.

Brophs

The One and Only
It wouldn’t be like Barca to weave their entire kingdom out of bullshit.

Trex

Sevilla journalists are saying the deal is being held up on Chelsea’s end - apparently Boehly lad is moving a bit too slow. Sevilla are still waiting for documentation on the verbal agreement reached the day before. If the documents arrive before Barca make a move, which they say they haven’t yet, Chelsea get Kounde.
You'll still need to agree terms with the player, you'll only get him if he wants Chelsea more than Barca.

prateik

Why on earth would Sevilla accept a 45m bid if Chelsea are offering 55m?

Barca PR is so full of shit.. there is genuinely no way of telling when they are lying and how much they are lying.. none of it makes sense.. its just bullshit information overload.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Since it’s obvious that Barca can just find whatever money they need to sign all these players, what I’m now much more curious about is how on earth they can possibly stay within the leagues much more strict salary cap? They were already having their current players taking huge wage cuts and deferrals. How can they then add Lewa, Kessie, Christensen, Raphinha, and Koundé to their roster without running into salary issues? These are all players on big time wages.

roseguy64

Since it’s obvious that Barca can just find whatever money they need to sign all these players, what I’m now much more curious about is how on earth they can possibly stay within the leagues much more strict salary cap? They were already having their current players taking huge wage cuts and deferrals. How can they then add Lewa, Kessie, Christensen, Raphinha, and Koundé to their roster without running into salary issues? These are all players on big time wages.
They can't without selling players or selling off more future income. They're trying to do the former now to avoid having to sell off the club.

They also need people like Pique, Alba and Ter Stegen to restructure again potentially.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
You'll still need to agree terms with the player, you'll only get him if he wants Chelsea more than Barca.
According to reports, personal terms were agreed a long, long time ago and the player himself is happy to join Chelsea. He might prefer Barca more and we'll see how this develops, but this isn't like the Raphinha situation where he wanted Barca and Barca only.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Sporting reasons? Wonder what that means, exactly. Because he’s tailor made to play on the right side of a back 3 next to Silva & K2. Makes his job easier and allows him plenty of freedom to carry the ball forward like he does at Sevilla.

Plus, on the evidence of the past couple of years he’d have a much better chance of going all the way in the CL here than at Barca.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I do hope he comes here and I believe we're a more attractive proposition than Barca in all but one area - prestige. We've got a better team with expectional defenders for him to learn from, better manager, a far more stable club (well discounting the 3 months of sanctions), offering better personal terms and London is just a better place to live as a multi-millionaire. But we are obviously not in Barca's league when it comes down to stature and allure so it looks likely we might miss out. Plus he might be a bit miffed that our interest in him cooled earlier on in the window when it looked like we could sign De Ligt and Ake. Would be a shame but there are still adequate options available for a CB in this market.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
If we manage to get him we would be one Full back away from a great squad. But I doubt Chelsea will sell us Azpilicueta after that.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
If we manage to get him we would be one Full back away from a great squad. But I doubt Chelsea will sell us Azpilicueta after that.
Nah, I think it’s still possible as long as we still sign a couple more defenders.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Nah, I think it’s still possible as long as we still sign a couple more defenders.
What I mean is that Tuchel seemed angry about Barca getting Koundé instead of them. So I get the feeling they would ask a crazy price for Azpi as revenge.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
We should try and get revenge by offering them Timo Werner.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
What I mean is that Tuchel seemed angry about Barca getting Koundé instead of them. So I get the feeling they would ask a crazy price for Azpi as revenge.
Think he said he’s really annoyed that Barca seems to be in constant contact with him trying to pressure him into coming. But yeah, the Koundé hijack won’t help.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I don't know the exact details of La Liga's wage ruling but who's to say Barca can't pay their players off the books, assuming that they have the money anyway.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
I don't know the exact details of La Liga's wage ruling but who's to say Barca can't pay their players off the books, assuming that they have the money anyway.
They aren't the mafia.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
They aren't the mafia.
I bet they wish they were. Making players forego their "deferred salary" contracts would be a lot easier if they could make them swim with the fishes.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
So, I’m curious. The articles say Kounde mentions Xavi calling him every day, for quite awhile now. Is that even allowed?

I get that it happens through agents, etc probably all the time, but I seriously doubt the actual opposing manager calling an opposing teams player every day is considered an “ok” thing to do.

If so I think every top flight manager in every league should have Barcas entire roster on speed denial: “what happened to ‘first choice’?” “I saw in the papers you were next in line to have your salary ‘deferred’, thought you needed someone to talk to”

Endless amounts of fun could be had with this.

No Love

So, I’m curious. The articles say Kounde mentions Xavi calling him every day, for quite awhile now. Is that even allowed?

I get that it happens through agents, etc probably all the time, but I seriously doubt the actual opposing manager calling an opposing teams player every day is considered an “ok” thing to do.

If so I think every top flight manager in every league should have Barcas entire roster on speed denial: “what happened to ‘first choice’?” “I saw in the papers you were next in line to have your salary ‘deferred’, thought you needed someone to talk to”

I’ll take your word for it.

OmarUnited4ever

It's obvious that Kounde becomes 1st choice at Chelsea too the moment he arrives there, either alongside Thiago & Koulibaly in a back 3, or alongside Koulibaly in a back 4 (I don't think Thiago can play in back 4), so that shouldn't be an issue for Kounde (whether he is considered 1st choice or not at either Chelsea or Barca).

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Sporting reasons? Wonder what that means, exactly. Because he’s tailor made to play on the right side of a back 3 next to Silva & K2. Makes his job easier and allows him plenty of freedom to carry the ball forward like he does at Sevilla.

Plus, on the evidence of the past couple of years he’d have a much better chance of going all the way in the CL here than at Barca.
Maybe he thinks Barca have higher chances of winning league than Chelsea.

mu4c_20le

It's obvious that Kounde becomes 1st choice at Chelsea too the moment he arrives there, either alongside Thiago & Koulibaly in a back 3, or alongside Koulibaly in a back 4 (I don't think Thiago can play in back 4), so that shouldn't be an issue for Kounde (whether he is considered 1st choice or not at either Chelsea or Barca).
That's just part of the quote. Apparently xavi called him just before he got on the bus to Portugal and said if you stay in Seville you will become a barca player. And be first choice.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

Ten hag is calling Frenkie every day.

Highfather_24

I've never thought about this, but what happens when Club A bids 50M for a player, and Club B bids 25M, and the player wants to go to Club B?

Does the selling club hold any power or its just upto the player?

OmarUnited4ever

I've never thought about this, but what happens when Club A bids 50M for a player, and Club B bids 25M, and the player wants to go to Club B?

Does the selling club hold any power or its just upto the player?

Selling club can simply reject Club B's offer, and the player can do nothing about that

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I thought Chelsea has announced his signing/ Oh well, there's stilt time for one or two newspapers (!) to link him to us one final time...

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

I mean Barca media say that about literally every playe they're interested in. If he ends up at a different club, the narrative coming out of there is predictably that the player chose the money over their sporting project. We saw them pushing that propaganda out on Friday night when it looked like it was a done deal to Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.