Julian Alvarez

SAFMUTD

21 year old wonderkid playing as a striker for River Plate.

With 18 goals and 7 assists in 25 games he's currently the top scorer and 2nd place in assists in the Argentinian league.

He's 1.73m/5'7 and according his type of play is really similar to Lautauro Martinez from Inter.

With a 20M release clause he's been linked with Madrid, Barcelona and Inter.

One to keep an eye for sure.

Obligatory compilation with shitty music:

RoyH1

Off to Barcelona according to several sources in the Spanish and Argentinean press. As to where they'd get the money? Who knows?

Bestietom

Heard we had scouts looking at this guy. Don't know if we are about to do anything yet.

stoinz

We don't really have any luck with Argentinian players, wonderkid or not.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I know it's just a compilation, but he looks very good if you ask me.

pascell

We don't really have any luck with Argentinian players, wonderkid or not.
It's a strange one because City have had great luck with their Argentinian players, in the way they settled and didn't want to move.

I know it's just a compilation, but he looks very good if you ask me.
As you say it's just a compilation but his numbers back up the latter part of your comment and I agree, he looks very good. You also can't teach his instinct and finishing prowess, especially at such a young age, some of his finishes are like that of an experienced finisher, very impressive.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Great player who benefits by being managed by a top manager too. Gallardo knows how to accomodate young talents.

SAFMUTD

In Argentina they mention us one of the teams interested.

For 20M we should be all over him, I mean we spent nearly that for Pellistri and Alvarez seems a much better talent.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
He looks like en exciting talent and the production at River speaks for itself. I don't think he is a number 9 who will lead the line on his own though, more of a second striker or wide forward playing off a central pivot. It feels like that type of player is far down the priority list for United (or should be).

He'll be 22 in January so still plenty young but definitely not a youth player. He won't go somewhere willing to be loaned out or feature in the U23s like Pellistri, he'll go somewhere looking to play.

SparkedIntoLife

I'm not sure he's quite what we need but it seems that Cavani and Martial are off in January. Regardless, it'd be exciting to hear we're in for this sort of player. United pretty much seem to buy as though we're playing FM on a small database. I would love us to identify more hidden gems that end up being class rather than just going for obvious names.

What it may also point to is that United/Rangnick are aware of the tremendous work Marcelo Gallardo is doing at River in difficult circumstances. He has just resigned with River so maybe Rangnick manages us until the end of the 2022/2023 season and performs an overhaul in operations and the squad to pave the way for Gallardo to come in and transition as easily as possible. Probably nonsense but it does feel like Rangnick is broadening the club's horizons.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Well we definitely need a new forward, with Cavani basically begging to leave in January and us actively trying to flog Martial.

izec

Has a very good shot on him, looks good. But half of Europe will be chasing him, including the Italian and Spanish top teams.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It shows it’s deleted tweet! What was in there? I hope we are serious about this kid, his ability is looking just amazing and very promising talent.
It said that the source is reliable.

SAFMUTD

Has a very good shot on him, looks good. But half of Europe will be chasing him, including the Italian and Spanish top teams.
The 20M clause means almost any club in Europe can buy him, I hope we take him but since he's more of a second striker/winger type of player I don't think he'd be our priority.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
The 20M clause means almost any club in Europe can buy him, I hope we take him but since he's more of a second striker/winger type of player I don't think he'd be our priority.
I dunno, sounds like the kind of player that can run around for Ronaldo and he’s got a lethal shot on him. I hope we enter the South American market more often. Bargains aplenty if the scouting is on point. Hopefully Ralf realises from the off that we need to keep talent flowing through the club, trial and error, think outside the box but also be ruthless. No mega deals until they are important players for us. Sell pretty early if doesn’t work out and value is still on the high side and twist again. We’ve been far too slow to rectify mistakes made in the transfer market. Doubling and trebling down on players who aren’t providing anything for the team and behind the scenes are lethargic and unhappy. Of course it’s going to have a knock on effect and besides that it’s just bad business.

Last edited:

SAFMUTD

Manchester United is really interested on Julian Alvarez, they might speed up the negotiations.

Posted by Sebastian Srur, a argentinian reporter that covers exclusively River Plate. He's supposedly tier 1.

Red the Bear

Something less generic

Manchester United is really interested on Julian Alvarez, they might speed up the negotiations.

Posted by Sebastian Srur, a argentinian reporter that covers exclusively River Plate. He's supposedly tier 1.
So I guess that means cavani is gone then?shame

The kid seems great but very strange this seems more like a barca style buy not us won't be complaining though

At 22 hes pretty young but not exactly a newcomer so I guess we won't be buying him to sit on the bench but can't see how'd he fit though

Can anyone who is more informed then me chime in?

Bondi77

I think he is trying to tear us a new one!

SAFMUTD

So I guess that means cavani is gone then?shame

The kid seems great but very strange this seems more like a barca style buy not us won't be complaining though

At 22 hes pretty young but not exactly a newcomer so I guess we won't be buying him to sit on the bench but can't see how'd he fit though

Can anyone who is more informed then me chime in?
I do think he'll be coming to Europe wanting a starting spot, or at least the chance to challenge for it. He's an international for Argentina and with the world cup being next year I don't think he'll want to spend the season on the bench.

His record is impressive, I haven't watched him live but the compilations and all the comments from my argentinian friends say he's the next big deal for Argentina.

20M is peanuts really, I hope this has legs and we get him. Cavani and Martial are most likely leaving so the space will open for him.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I do think he'll be coming to Europe wanting a starting spot, or at least the chance to challenge for it. He's an international for Argentina and with the world cup being next year I don't think he'll want to spend the season on the bench.

His record is impressive, I haven't watched him live but the compilations and all the comments from my argentinian friends say he's the next big deal for Argentina.

20M is peanuts really, I hope this has legs and we get him. Cavani and Martial are most likely leaving so the space will open for him.
But how'd he fit in though assuming martial and cavani are gone and Ronaldo deservedly being nails on starter that leaves him with 1 spot to fight for and and I don't see how'd he really fit ralfs system