Julian Alvarez

zaafi

Agüero's successor. He's going to become their most important player once KDB retires. Now that he's finally getting playtime, people will realize that he's a better goal scorer and a much better all around striker than Haaland.
What do you even mean by this? A better goal scorer than one of the best goal scorers in the world?

Ekeke

Rashford would score a brace every game for City. They are always dominating the games and creating 30 chances
Ironically thats the exact type of game where we, and Rashford, dont score

Rashford and our forwards are much better scoring on breaks with space to run in behind

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Agüero's successor. He's going to become their most important player once KDB retires. Now that he's finally getting playtime, people will realize that he's a better goal scorer and a much better all around striker than Haaland.
You really dislike Haaland don't you?

nygaard

You missed, your account is still active.

Rashford didnt score today btw
Let's wait at least for like 20 games will we?

You are too quick to jump the gun, didn't you say Banega was on level with Xavi and Iniesta? :lol:

Chief123

I just don’t see how this kid stays at City for too many years. He’s too good to sit on the bench. His best position by far is as striker. He ain’t getting ahead of Haaland any time soon unless Haaland leaves.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He has to bench Mahrez after tonight, its disgraceful if he doesn't.

nygaard

I'm sure Rashford will eventually score in 20 games yeah.
Safe to say you guys overrated this cat.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Let's wait at least for like 20 games will we?

You are too quick to jump the gun, didn't you say Banega was on level with Xavi and Iniesta? :lol:
In his defense, Banega in his peak was fantastic. Too bad his peak didn't last longer than a few seasons, but he was a joy to watch.

Chief123

I wouldn’t say he’s overrated. He’s still a brilliant talent and I’ve no doubt will become a top level player. He’s obviously not at Haaland level’s at the moment.

I’m still certain Alvarez won’t be at City for more than 2 years. He’s too good to be sat on the bench. Unless Haaland leaves within 2 years, Alvarez will move on.

mctrials23

Stupid to go to City at the same time as Haaland. Will come away with a bag load of trophies hes played little to no part in winning but I can't believe that players actually want or care about trophies when they were barely a bit part.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Stupid to go to City at the same time as Haaland. Will come away with a bag load of trophies hes played little to no part in winning but I can't believe that players actually want or care about trophies when they were barely a bit part.
Didn't he sign in January?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Struggling to adapt but thats nothing new for a player under Pep.

Ekeke

2x 90 minute games where he didnt score. Clearly a career over

Haaland didnt score against Dortmund either, if he plays another match and doesnt score he'll be the next on the scrap heap I guess

Anderson_7_

1 goal and 2 assists tonight. :cool: So much better than that tap-in merchant.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Goal and 2 assists tonight, really struggles against a low blocking team though, makes run's but players can't find him, works bloody hard though, people mentioned Aguero but he's definitely more Tevez like

Ekeke

Good goal and assists. Until De Bruyne came on and instantly put him through for his goal, Alvarez was City's best creative player playing in others. Foden, Mahrez and Gomez kept trying to work shots for themselves instead of finding the guy in the middle.

Chief123

He’s far too good to be play second fiddle and be a bench warmer for city. He’s not nearly as effective on the wings as he is as a striker.

Still think he’ll leave city within a couple of years as he’ll be wasted on the bench playing a bit part role. Especially with how limited it is of quality strikers in the world.

Nero

If he's got any sense he'll leave in the summer. He'll never replace Haaland so he's wasting valuable time.

Bondi77

Any player that is going to be a backup striker at City should be a starter in a top team.....that is obvious isn’t it?
We had those players for years under Fergie.

Bwuk

He’s far too good to be play second fiddle and be a bench warmer for city. He’s not nearly as effective on the wings as he is as a striker.

Still think he’ll leave city within a couple of years as he’ll be wasted on the bench playing a bit part role. Especially with how limited it is of quality strikers in the world.
Depends how long Haaland sticks around.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He’s their new Jesus. He will stick around for multiple years if he’s winning trophies and Pep is there.

pascell

Said when we were linked with him that we should've brought him in, another disasterclass from our scouts, he'd have been perfect in our system.

cyberman

He’ll be a problem for City now, there’s no way he accepts a bench role and he isn’t shifting Haaland

Ekeke

He’ll be a problem for City now, there’s no way he accepts a bench role and he isn’t shifting Haaland
I mean you can say that about any of City's attackers. More likely that higher profile players like Mahrez or Grealish will be upset when they're left out for him. He's only just gone there and his situation is a big step up from playing for River Plate. Cant see him getting a big head and demanding that he starts weekly for a few seasons. Till then just winning trophies as part of the squad will be a dream for him

cyberman

I mean you can say that about any of City's attackers. More likely that higher profile players like Mahrez or Grealish will be upset when they're left out for him. He's only just gone there and his situation is a big step up from playing for River Plate. Cant see him getting a big head and demanding that he starts weekly for a few seasons. Till then just winning trophies as part of the squad will be a dream for him
Those two get plenty of game time because they don’t have the absolute best in their position in front of them. He will never keep Haaland out for an extended period of time, he’s got Barca for 40m written all over him imo

Bondi77

I watched him this morning and he didn't do much and got his goal because Matt Ryan totally flecked up.
Pep will give him games in the Cups and that will keep him happy.

NoPace

Those two get plenty of game time because they don’t have the absolute best in their position in front of them. He will never keep Haaland out for an extended period of time, he’s got Barca for 40m written all over him imo
My guess is he outlasts Haaland at City, who moves to Spain.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Looked good today. feck off City and how well run they are

IFC 1905

I think he is overrated. Works a lot but lacks quality in controlling the ball and linking up.

Hes good for a middle table team and time will prove if I’m right.