Julian Alvarez / signed for city / loaned back

Status
Not open for further replies.

troylocker

65M for Dortmund, but you'd be a fool to think thats all he'll cost. At least 120M between agent fees and signing bonuses.
It is still a bidding war between the mentioned clubs.
It’ll be a bidding war for personal contract, agent fees, signing bonuses etc. It’ll definitely be a lot more than the 65M for the buying club for sure.

Bondi77

It’ll be a bidding war for personal contract, agent fees, signing bonuses etc. It’ll definitely be a lot more than the 65M for the buying club for sure.
Plus taking into account who his agent is I think Utd would not want to have any part of it.

Dan600

No idea what Rangnick's relationship is with Raiola so couldn't comment on the possibility of Haaland.

But I've never seen Alvarez play, only on the Pro Evo video game. How will he contrast to other South Americans who've come straight to the PL. Is his record better in Argentina than Alexis MacAllister was before joining Brighton (I know he's more a second striker), or will he struggle to make an impact. Also the other one that I could compare to of course is Pellistri, how do they compare?

I'd like to think that with a point to prove that he can make it in Europe he would have a positive impact, but I'm guessing he would be out on loan for the rest of this season if we sign him, or is he a Martial replacement?

Last edited:

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
No idea what Rangnick's relationship is with Raiola so couldn't comment on the possibility of Haaland.

But I've never seen Alvarez play, only on the Pro Evo video game. How will he contrast to other South Americans who've come straight to the PL. Is his record better in Argentina than Alexis MacAllister at Brighton right now (I know he's more a second striker), or will he struggle to make an impact. Also the other one that I could compare to of course is Pellistri, how do they compare?

I'd like to think that with a point to prove that he can make it in Europe he would have a positive impact, but I'm guessing he would be out on loan for the rest of this season if we sign him, or is he a Martial replacement?
Alexis Mac Allister: 28 goal contributions in 103 games in the Argentinian league

Julian Alvarez: 61 goal contributions in 96 games in the Argentinian league

Facundo Pellistri: 6 goal contributions in 37 games in the Uruguayan league (weaker league than Argentina)

Pellistri was nowhere near as ready to make the jump as the other two.

As for Mac Allister, he now has 12 goal contributions in 53 games for Brighton. His ratio hasn’t actually changed much compared to Argentina, which is interesting. Obviously the league is harder, but he’s also developed as a player, so that evens things out.

Dan600

Alexis Mac Allister: 28 goal contributions in 103 games in the Argentinian league

Julian Alvarez: 61 goal contributions in 96 games in the Argentinian league

Facundo Pellistri: 6 goal contributions in 37 games in the Uruguayan league (weaker league than Argentina)

Pellistri was nowhere near as ready to make the jump as the other two.

As for Mac Allister, he now has 12 goal contributions in 53 games for Brighton. His ratio hasn’t actually changed much compared to Argentina, which is interesting. Obviously the league is harder, but he’s also developed as a player, so that evens things out.
That's really really interesting, thanks for that.

I'm not going to get carried away, but I feel a little easier seeing this if we do end up signing him. Hopefully he's well scouted because I've personally been impressed with MacAllister at Brighton, I tend to watch a lot of Brighton games due to family members who are fans. He has adapted well to the PL and looks comfortable on the ball, rarely flustered by his opponents. 2 different systems/coaching styles between Potter/Rangnick but those stats at least look fairly hopeful.

Satsuma United

He looks a bit like Tevez, Aguero with that amazing quality of shooting out of nowhere, outside the box, ridiculous angle, you name it.

His success will also depend on the service but having a striker that can score out of nothing makes a huge difference.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Romano pouring cold water on this as well. Only coming out of Argentina that we want him.

Bondi77

Ralf said that he wasn’t going to bring in any offensive players and also said he has not spoken to the board regarding transfers so until he starts carrying on like Ole in the pressers I will be taking his word before any of these rumour chasers that are as fickle as the weather.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Would have made perfect sense if we had gotten rid of Anthony, but I'm afraid his wage precludes that .

Bestietom

Ralf said that he wasn’t going to bring in any offensive players and also said he has not spoken to the board regarding transfers so until he starts carrying on like Ole in the pressers I will be taking his word before any of these rumour chasers that are as fickle as the weather.
Well he needs to start listening to the fans and bring in a DM and a box to box midfielder this window or his time could be shorter than we think.

Bondi77

Well he needs to start listening to the fans and bring in a DM and a box to box midfielder this window or his time could be shorter than we think.
He is an interim manager, they are not going to get rid of him and bring another interim in FFS!
It is obvious the club will not bring any players in until there is an understanding of who the new manager is going to be.

Mr Bridger

Moises Caicedo was last years South American interest, there will be another one along next year :rolleyes:

izec

If nobody more reliable picks up the rumour after a while, you know it is BS. Especially in South America and Southern Europe, they like to use our name to get exposure and other clubs to bid.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Looks like it was another one that Ragnick looked at for Lokomotiv (Haidara as well), so they just ran with it for us.

nygaard

I think we should bring finished products. I would love for United to sign Anthony, just a natural dribbler on the RW who will beat his man and whip a cross. We missed out on Douglas Costa I was raving about him in Shakhtar

LuckyScout78

From what I have seen of his videos on YouTube. At the same age. He is clearly not on Lewandoski level. As a CF.
This boy is, at least a half level behind Lewandoski at that time. And not as athletic as Lewandoski at that age too.
Lewandoski sharpness level at top level, at this age.

If United want to strength theirs attack. I will recommend another attacking player. If it’s not too late yet. Here is the player:

+ Let Martial leave in January:

+ In with Luiz Diaz

Sancho/Greenwood - McTom - Bruno - Diaz + Greenwood/Rashford - Ronaldo/Cavani

Drop Bruno down as nr.8 and give one of the CF spot to a young, hunger and aggressive CF in Rashford/Greenwood, beside one of the old CF in Ronaldo/Cavani. United will benefit of it, as a team.

United drop Bruno down as the consistent creative to nr.8 will strength United a lot. Bruno as nr.8 will control and dominate the matches more often. Than as nr.10 or wide player.

Back to this boy. I think and believe United need Luis Diaz more than Alvarez.

Diaz has consistent top level of fighting and winning mentality.

Get Diaz and you will stop one of the reason of Liverpool dominance in the future. Luis Diaz is a top baller.

SAFMUTD

Alvarez to Manchester United is off.

I think it was never on, it was only driven from the Argentinian press, never really reported elsewhere.

Giggsy13

Not bothered that this was all a ruse by his agent to drum up interest. If he was a 17 year old phenom who was lighting it up then sure you take a risk and make that move. But at at 22 this kid is probably only half decent and I suspect he’ll end up at a mid table club in Spain or England.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Can't embed tweets, but Argentinian journos are reporting that he is City-bound, will be finalised in the next hours

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Trying to pimp him out to European clubs, it's pretty obvious.

Lentwood

Almost sounds like he elevated us to another level and didn't get payed the 2 years he was here..........

Edit: How Leeds payed 26M for him is a mystery to me
£26m is peanuts. If a player is PL quality at all, at any level, and is 26 or under, you'll get that every time, no bother.

It's why I don't understand why we don't take more punts. Just sign this lad for God sake, he'd have to be extraordinarily awful for us not to get £17m back in a world where Jordan Ibe and that Brewster lad cost a combined £35m

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
£26m is peanuts. If a player is PL quality at all, at any level, and is 26 or under, you'll get that every time, no bother.

It's why I don't understand why we don't take more punts. Just sign this lad for God sake, he'd have to be extraordinarily awful for us not to get £17m back in a world where Jordan Ibe and that Brewster lad cost a combined £35m
Our team is full of punts

at least that’s what I think they are saying

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seem to be very reliable journos reporting it. River plate fans on Reddit are distraught and resigned to losing him.
He's obviously leaving but I doubt the manchester clubs are really interested. Maybe city will loan him then try to sell for a bigger fee like they've done with other players.

If he was such a saught after prodigy why is his agent having to bump around europe flogging him? they should be queing at the door.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
He's obviously leaving but I doubt the manchester clubs are really interested. Maybe city will loan him then try to sell for a bigger fee like they've done with other players.

If he was such a saught after prodigy why is his agent having to bump around europe flogging him? they should be queing at the door.
Doubt it at that fee.
If we do sign him and pay more than about 15m it would be for a City rather than CFG player.

Status
Not open for further replies.