Julian Brandt | Borussia Dortmund player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Nugget

Looked really lively when I saw him at the World Cup and was surprised he didn’t get more minutes. Was chosen ahead of Sane. But that’s about all I know of him.

Isn’t he another left winger though?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Looked really lively when I saw him at the World Cup and was surprised he didn’t get more minutes. Was chosen ahead of Sane. But that’s about all I know of him.

Apparently playing in midfield under Peter Bosz. Some Bundesliga fans can shed some light on this.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

He's been playing more centrally of late under Bosz and has worked well. Good value for someone as versatile as him. Even if you're not signing him as a starter, we do need to improve our squad depth.
So his initial release clause was 12 million and even then no one went near him ?
Odd.
Klopp reportedly wanted him the summer they got Salah instead. Guessing the release clause wasn't so common knowledge hence this 'leak'. I reckon Liverpool will go back in for him in the summer.

Tarrou

how can it be possible in this day and age that a young German international can have such a low release clause?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Would he be a good punt for a upper mid table EPL club or even as a squad option for a top 6 club?

Haven't seen much of him, but I know he was highly rated at one point and the few times I've seen him, he looked good/lively.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

I think he can play in any of the attacking midfield positions

Gordon S

Really rate this guy! Versatile, can play pretty much anywhere in attack and in midfield as well.
25m is most likely a steal for whatever team that might buy him.

JJ12

Would he be a good punt for a upper mid table EPL club or even as a squad option for a top 6 club?

Haven't seen much of him, but I know he was highly rated at one point and the few times I've seen him, he looked good/lively.
He'd start for us in my opinion

trailertrash

Supports
Bayern Munich
Love him to bits. Really really think he has all it takes.

JJ12

On the right? Through the middle - tip of the diamond maybe?
Either of those - he'd probably suit tip of the diamond more.

Matic
Herrera Pogba
Brandt

Rashford
Martial

Something like that

Gordon S

What kind of player is he? A pacy dribbler like Sane or Salah or a creator like De Bruyner?
I would say he is more of a creator. Good vision, good passing, good technical ability.

Silas

With Mata, Lukaku and Sanchez all potentially leaving within the next two years, he'd be a smart buy for us, even if he isn't a starter. If he's been playing as a #8 recently too, I guess he could even fill in for Pogba.

Lynty

German Lingard

We don’t really need him. But would be a great addition for someone else.

Alemar

For 25m we should buy him definitely. Can play in the middle or out wide, very good shooting, decent passing, German international.

Shaw Mee Tah Mané

A 22 year old german international (23 caps) with 200 apps for Leverkusen with a bunch of goals and assists, have a release clause of €25m? Thats just mental in todays marked.

I think we should go for him - would be a very good back up to martial on the left or can play centrally.

JJ12

That explain the low release clause.
No it doesn't at all for 2 reasons.

Lingard is incredibly underrated still.

Brandt is nothing like Lingard.

Canagel

he's a good Player. If we offload Sanchez and Lukaku we need 2 other versatile replacements. and we should also be taking a look at werner too.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I'm not confident he'll keep Lingard out of the team.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I swear Leverkusen always have loads of these great young talents in the team and then you check the table and yep, they're always doing shite.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
No it doesn't at all for 2 reasons.

Lingard is incredibly underrated still.

Brandt is nothing like Lingard.
It was a joke, mate, when people questioning of why the really low release clause.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
His versatility would make him a very good option, especially at that price, if he's interested in a move I wouldn't be against us signing him. Liverpool might move for him, they've been linked before.

neilv93

If he'd be a viable option on the right side then £25m is a steal. I'd still prefer we target Sancho as he's more direct (and English) but that price, if true, is daylight robbery in this Neymar-inflated market.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I swear Leverkusen always have loads of these great young talents in the team and then you check the table and yep, they're always doing shite.
They had a terrible start to the season (three wins in the first nine league games), but since they appointed Bosz during the winter break, they've won four out of six league games - including a win against Bayern - with the only two losses coming against the other two teams in the top three.

One of the changes Bosz did from the previous management was putting Brandt in the midfield three and as a result he's got three goals and four assists in six league games.

Camilo

Why would he leave for a mid-table EPL club? Or to sit on the bench at (for example) Spurs? Unless a top team become truly interested I think he might just stay put... If he keeps improving a big offer will arrive, but if he goes to (say) Leicester and doesn't hit the ground running he'll have made a sideways move and stalled his own career.

Then again, money money money.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
According to whoscored he can play both as CM and as a winger. For 25m I'd say lets sign him up and get rid off some of the deadwood

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
They had a terrible start to the season (three wins in the first nine league games), but since they appointed Bosz during the winter break, they've won four out of six league games - including a win against Bayern - with the only two losses coming against the other two teams in the top three.

One of the changes Bosz did from the previous management was putting Brandt in the midfield three and as a result he's got three goals and four assists in six league games.
Fair play, Bosz was Dortmund manager at one point wasn't he?

I remembered Bailey last season having a superb season for them but haven't heard much recently. I've also heard good things about Havertz and Tah, so it seems like they've got a decent core of young, talented players and should be doing better than they are. I guess top 4 isn't completely out of the question if they can keep up this form?

Status
Not open for further replies.