Julian Nagelsmann | Sacked and replaced by Tuchel

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Probably bull, but have many managers left the national job to join a club side? Don Revie comes to mind...
He wouldn't exactly leave the national job, he only has a contract for the Euro. It was always clear that this is a kind of interim job during the season for him before joining a club for next season.

Loon

:lol:
He wouldn't exactly leave the national job, he only has a contract for the Euro. It was always clear that this is a kind of interim job during the season for him before joining a club for next season.
Ahh, right. Did not know that. Thanks.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I mean yeah he'd probably be on the shortlist if we part ways with Eric, not many top teams with open slots out there.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Would be curious to see and exciting to have 3 young managers at the head of the 3 biggest clubs

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Suspect he is really well down the shortlist
Who would be your pick ? If you take him, Xabi Alonso, Potter, Poch, Tuchel, Mourinho, De Zerbi out of the running. Who's left ? Flick ? Amorim maybe ? I feel you will give ETH another season start and hope for less injuries.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ridiculous.

We should not be in for it. Far away. First and most because we have a manager that should be given time. Second, Nagelsmann is way overrated.
He was touted as a top manager a short while back so it’s naturally that we keep tabs on him.

E-mal

Ridiculous.

We should not be in for it. Far away. First and most because we have a manager that should be given time. Second, Nagelsmann is way overrated.
Are you watching us play the almighty Fulham?

hobbers

No brainer if the other options are Potter and Tuchel, or keeping ETH.

Woziak

This is a no brainer, hopefully United are already in talks, however due to Germany commitments, he probably can’t start to mid July at earliest and he’s a coach that likes working with the players. Sir Jim must be thinking, this United squad and coach like he said ; “Miles behind!”

amolbhatia50k

For me his fame comes for being different and young. Nothing special about him regarding his managment.
I haven’t followed his teams closely enough tbh. But I do know he’s highly regarded so even if he’s not the obvious answer it just makes sense for him to among the possible candidates. Ideally yes, we would have someone who has succeeded at a big club or seems a great to get to do so.

E-mal

For me his fame comes for being different and young. Nothing special about him regarding his managment.

Yes I do. I have also watched Nagelsmann teams.
I can undertsand if you don't want Nagelsman but that is not the reason to keep the Pep Guardiola is my idol. We have not progressed as a team, at all.

amolbhatia50k

This is a no brainer, hopefully United are already in talks, however due to Germany commitments, he probably can’t start to mid July at earliest and he’s a coach that likes working with the players. Sir Jim must be thinking, this United squad and coach like he said ; “Miles behind!”
I don’t know about no brainer. The Manchester United job is one of the most challenging in football. He hasn’t a proven himself enough to be a no brainer for us. More like a big risk.

Woziak

I don’t know about no brainer. The Manchester United job is one of the most challenging in football. He hasn’t a proven himself enough to be a no brainer for us. More like a big risk.
Win rate is 70%, likes to play aggressive front football, United job is challenging but no more say than Madrid or Barcelona, if you think they would put up with a team that plays in their own. Half at home and can’t score goals your absolutely bonkers, Ole and Mourinhos teams were both more exciting than this drab rubbish from ETH and that’s proven by the goals they scored per game against ETH clearly being out of his depth when will fans realise just how bad this clown as a coach is, he sets up with Lindelof at left back when he should have played Dalot there and young Willy Kmbala at right back.

Redstain

He's a good manager and has some experience at the top level. He left Bayern with a very high win rate and the team performed well, I thought they would catastrophically fail with the standard Flick imposed on the team but Julian proved otherwise.

Given his age and the promise of his management he's the type of manager you build a project around. This is where I feel things stagnate with Eth, there's not much evidence that he'll bring long term success and personally for me has a very discernable ceiling. There's not been enough development in the progression of the first team and his trajectory is looking like a manager who will be combative around 4th, seemingly the hierarchy have higher ambitions.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Germany are likely to be out before the quarters.....

AdNani

Yes I do. I have also watched Nagelsmann teams.
He has the 4th highest win percentage of any Bayern Manager ever, ahead of Pep for example. His football is very good to watch as well.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
We got issues all over the park! I'm hoping Jules can magically hide them and just harness crowd power to carry us, with his bag of innovative tactics. But that's my heart thinking :lol:
David Moyes or Sean Dyche can set us up as a more coherent defensive unit. That isn’t much of a challenge for a premier league level manager.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Ridiculous.

In terms of ability and my general knowledge of football I don't see Nagelsmann being worst that ETH. And judging by our style of play(?!) and current results I also don't see why we should give Erik more time.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Ridiculous.

He was sacked by Bayern but he was only 1pt behind Dortmund. His Leipzig team played some of the best football in Europe. He’s an highly rated coach.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
My only concern about Nagelsmann would be can he set teams up defensively? We don’t want a manager that’s just going to play very open football so we still leak goals in left right and centre. We want to play exciting football but while also being hard to play against.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
My only concern about Nagelsmann would be can he set teams up defensively? We don’t want a manager that’s just going to play very open football so we still leak goals in left right and centre. We want to play exciting football but while also being hard to play against.
Not really, I'd say. Nagelsmann is very focused on pressing and verticality. He overwhelms opponents but his teams have a tendency to get exposed in transition situations. At least in Munich that was the case. Not in every game but every now and then. Personally, I think he's a very good coach but not in the same tier as Arteta or even Guardiola.

arthurka

Klopp will probably take the Germany gig after the summer and if Nagelsmann is available we should definitively be in for him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He is good, but also crazy enough to think this team is born for 3-4-3.
In a world where Nagelsmann joins I think wholesale changes are made to the squad anyway. Lindelof, Maguire McTominay, AWB, Sancho, Pellistri Mejbri, Martial are all names I reckon will be moved on. Perhaps even Antony too if we can find the right party for him.