Julian Nagelsmann | Sacked and replaced by Tuchel

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
The problem with Nagelsmann is that (like many others) has a huge ego and some of his statements will bite him in the butt. Like the fact he said not having Lewa would allow them to be freer on the pitch. It was obviously a huge loss and it makes setting up the team far more difficult since players are now all over the place with a huge lack of presence in the box.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Should of stayed at Leipzig. Was doing wonders there. Leipzig have gone down hill since he left. Obviously moving to Bayern though guarantees trophies but if he doesn’t win the CL he could be in trouble.

little.triangles

The current mood seems to be not the best... only Nagelsmann's girlfriend looking somewhat happy.
Hilarious photograph.

Nagelsmann really looks like he's been told, "Come wid uz or vee know wherr ye keep yerr pet rabbitz."

Abizzz

Isn't Nagelsmann the only true Bavarian in that photo? Has the same vibes as the funeral currently going on... Facial expressions, cosplay outfit... everything.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
The problem with Nagelsmann is that (like many others) has a huge ego and some of his statements will bite him in the butt. Like the fact he said not having Lewa would allow them to be freer on the pitch. It was obviously a huge loss and it makes setting up the team far more difficult since players are now all over the place with a huge lack of presence in the box.
Here his phrase became very famous before facing Villarreal in the champions league "we will go to Villarreal to sentence the tie"

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Here his phrase became very famous before facing Villarreal in the champions league "we will go to Villarreal to sentence the tie"
Yeah, he should learn to shut the hell up, his team is really inconsistant and there's nothing to brag about last year's results.

redshaw

Odd to see him not smiling for once. Normally he's wearing that I'm in control I got this grin.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He's a fraud and I won't change my stance as long as he hasn't won the big ears.

Gazza

I think every manager in that positive would adopt a positive tone in speaking to the public in that situation, to be fair, and in any case I’m not sure if statements coming back to bite him in the butt has any tangible relation to the most important metrics, ie results and performances.

Vapor trail

He's a fraud and I won't change my stance as long as he hasn't won the big ears.
I personally think he's several levels behind the likes of Flick. He's a good manager reckon he'd do well for a top 6 club in english league. Just don't see him succeeding at Bayern maybe it's too early for him in his development.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I personally think he's several levels behind the likes of Flick. He's a good manager reckon he'd do well for a top 6 club in english league. Just don't see him succeeding at Bayern maybe it's too early for him in his development.
Agreed, he'll still be good enough to win them the league but that probably says more about Bundesliga's competitiveness than his quality.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Yeah, he should learn to shut the hell up, his team is really inconsistant and there's nothing to brag about last year's results.
He's always had a big mouth and I think it actually worked out in his favor at Hoffenheim or Leipzig.
His problem is that regular expectations at Bayern are already huge, so acting cocky ends up being over the top most of the time.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bit harsh or? Applying such criteria ETH would be a fraud too and with him all active coaches bar Pep, Klopp and Ancelotti.

Thats extremely premature. Bayern have looked quite bad this season.
They dominated every match in the Bundesliga. All stats are in their favor. In the last 4 matches the created 96 chances but only converted 4. That's the problem and not playing poorly.

Dortmund is actually playing pretty poor but they got 4 narrow 1:0 wins.

Lyng

Bit harsh or? Applying such criteria ETH would be a fraud too and with him all active coaches bar Pep, Klopp and Ancelotti.

They dominated every match in the Bundesliga. All stats are in their favor. In the last 4 matches the created 96 chances but only converted 4. That's the problem and not playing poorly.

Dortmund is actually playing pretty poor but they got 4 narrow 1:0 wins.
While having a lot of the ball, their attacking play has looked weak and often completely relying on individual plays. They have plenty of players who normally score a lot of goals.

I am not one of those calling Nagelsmann a fraud, but I think he isnt good enough yet to be manager of Bayern.
Flick was much better.

Last edited:

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
He's still only 35.

Read this a lot. He might be already past his best though. Who knows? AVB was on the slopes right after he’d made waves at Porto. Just because he started young doesn’t mean he’s destined to be that great. Not saying he’s bad but I suspect he’s a bit short on personal skills/intuition. In short: he comes across as a plonker.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Was really optimistic when he was announced. As of right now, he is a massive disappointment. What shocks me most is that he is trying to have us play exactly like Leipzig and Hoffenheim. That shit just doesn't work at Bayern.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I get your point but it's all about the expectations and at Bayern as of now the league title is all but guaranteed, he'll need a great European showcase to dispel the uncertainties about his abilities especially seeing how decent your team appears on paper , I don't rate his Leipzig achievements much either, his showing in Europe happened in a freak year after all and compared to say ten hag who had a much more impressive showing in Europe I think he falls short..

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Those guys are/were frauds too, depending on the season.

It's one of the most tired terms in English football. Right up there with 'bottle'.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
They dont look very "fest"ive. German bros. Is this what you're supposed to feel at Oktoberfest?
The sole thing I would feel at the Oktoberfest would be the overwhelming urge to leave as soon as possible.