Julian Nagelsmann | Sacked and replaced by Tuchel

Goldfiessli

Supports
FC Basel
There are also some limits to the xG-model as it doesn't take the position of the keeper into account, which can matter in certain situations like the shot from the halfway line in the first leg when Neuer vacated his goal.

Flexdegea

The insane part of this is looking at how our season has went we managed to beat them twice this year in the champions League

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
So how has be been with Bayern? Are they playing nice footy?

Should have beaten Villarreal in the CL...

ShinjiNinja26

What’s the general opinion on Nagelsmann then? Just a tricky first season at Bayern or yet another German hype job? I know he won the league but it’s Bayern and they always win the league. Obviously still very young in terms of managers though.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
What’s the general opinion on Nagelsmann then? Just a tricky first season at Bayern or yet another German hype job? I know he won the league but it’s Bayern and they always win the league. Obviously still very young in terms of managers though.
Who are the other German 'hype jobs'?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I assume he refers to Tuchel and Klopp. I also assume he thinks Hasenhuttl is German.
Yea I mean fine rip on German league players for being overrated and all because of not doing well for us but German managers have counted for 5 of the last 8 UCL finalists, with 3 of the last 4 being won by one. That's one thing we can hold with pride :lol:

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Below average 4/10 season

Vapor trail

Bayern when observing them have looked like a team struggling to impose themselves. I think the objective view of this season being so poor for them is more reminiscent of Flick's brilliance compared to the normalised management of Naglesmann. Flick despite not getting much plaudits / recognition was in parts the best manager in world football.

The level of performance in Bayern's attacking play was almost revolutionary. I personally couldn't believe how well his team played, he played a far greater discipline of football compared to Pep / Klopp. I think Naglesmann has failed to replicate that level of success tactically and I don't see him bridging that gap unless he drastically improves or Bayern reshuffle the players and the change of identity aids Naglesmann's approach.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Good enough to get a second chance, but he needs to take it. League title is obviously good, early cup exit was terrible and the CL was in the end acceptable - shouldn't have lost against the team they did, but the stage when it happened was fine for a typical Bayern season.

The really big problem is the way Bayern lost some of their games. They had several memorable collapses, and that's not what's expected from them. Unluckily losing against Gladbach in the cup might happen, getting hammered 5-0 shows there is something wrong with this current Bayern team.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'm all for calling Bayern coaches normal haired frauds, but I think people should keep in mind how many things were wrong with the squad this season:
-Upamecano has been doing wild stuff all season
-during last winter Kimmich caused a lot of disruption with his vaccination refusal and basically missed an entire month
-after Kimmich's return Davies, someone he didn't really have a replacement for, missed four months with myocarditis
-around the same time Goretzka, who they have no proper replacement for either, also missed four months with a hip injury
-around the same time the management produced a public falling out with Sülinho
-Lewandowski working on his transfer
-the team taking some random Ibiza trip, completely undercutting Nagelsmann to the public

The Gladbach loss was inexcusable, but in general it's no surprise that defensive stability takes a hit, when both your starting LB and CM pick up lengthy injuries and you have no real replacements for them, all while your CB star signing produces one clown moment after another. Compared to Flick it's also worth keeping in mind that the latter got to work with Alaba and Boateng, whereas Nagelsmann got Upamecano for a replacement.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Nah.. You'll win your 11th title in a row in the spring and drive happily back home on your tractors.

I say tractors because the Bundesliga is a farmer's league. A league for farmers.
I think we all understood the tractor thing. Jokes are caught or not caught but never explained.

BigDycheEnergy

I think we all understood the tractor thing. Jokes are caught or not caught but never explained.
No, but you see it's funny because tractors is what farmers sometimes drive! :lol:

Bayern will still win the league, by the way. There's no way they're going to settle on winning the league double-digit times in a row. On to the next milestone!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Bayern lost 5 times last season and still won the title easily. If Dortmund (unlikely) can find consistency then there might be a good title fight this year.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Dreaded vote of confidence. Bayern board are probably having secret zoom calls with Tuchel already.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
The current mood seems to be not the best... only Nagelsmann's girlfriend looking somewhat happy.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
The current mood seems to be not the best... only Nagelsmann's girlfriend looking somewhat happy.
That is depressing, like they're being asked to sit together for a photo op though they hate each other's guts :lol:

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Oktoberfest back after 2 years and they still couldn’t come up with a slightly happier picture. Fail!