Julian Nagelsmann | Sacked and replaced by Tuchel

izec

it is clear as day that Carlo wont be next season at Bayern. The last season and this one have cleary shown that something isnt working. Nagelsmann just a few days ago talked about moving with his family to Munich, because they love the city and he grew up in Bayern. Plus he added his dream would be to manage Bayern. You just have to add one and one together to see where this is going. There were also rumours last season of interest and they continue.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I like this manager a lot. What about Ancelotti though?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I like this manager a lot. What about Ancelotti though?
He'll find another job easily, if any of the top English sides part company with their manager I imagine his name will be at the top of the list. Maybe a return to Italy with AC Milan could be on the cards.

botond

As things are escalating i dont think ancelotti will be there till at the end of the season

Bojan11

I thought he set up his team appallingly in both legs against Liverpool.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I thought he set up his team appallingly in both legs against Liverpool.
Thought hoffenheim had them for the taking in the first leg and created more than enough.

Second leg he had to go for broke after the early goal, no other way tbh.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Thought hoffenheim had them for the taking in the first leg and created more than enough.

Second leg he had to go for broke after the early goal, no other way tbh.
They didn't have to go for broke right from the off. They were incredibly naive.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Incredible accomplishment to be a Bundesliga manager at 30, nevermind Bayern! He's my age:eek:

Skills

Snitch
He'll find another job easily, if any of the top English sides part company with their manager I imagine his name will be at the top of the list. Maybe a return to Italy with AC Milan could be on the cards.
Back to psg I think as they'll sack emery if they fail in CL again

SirAF

Ageist
Very interesting. Will he command respect from Bayer's top stars?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They didn't have to go for broke right from the off. They were incredibly naive.
They did, because the side conceded within the first 10mins and made it 3-1 to Liverpool with an away goal advantage.

In other words, he had to have his team score at least 3 to have a chance. So yeah, he pretty much had to go for it. Little to lose at that point.

Bojan11

They did, because the side conceded within the first 10mins and made it 3-1 to Liverpool with an away goal advantage.

In other words, he had to have his team score at least 3 to have a chance. So yeah, he pretty much had to go for it. Little to lose at that point.
They conceded first because they were playing a stupid high line. They didn't really need to do that especially with Mane and Salah around.

Champagne Football

Back to psg I think as they'll sack emery if they fail in CL again
Doubt it. PSG will aim higher than that. Ancelotti loves the champions league but has proven to be a level below the very elite when it comes to challenging for leagues. Chelsea were stagnating under him. At Real Mourinho left him a team that was ready to dominate Europe for years and he still got the boot there despite early success. At PSG he was nothing special. Back to Milan it will be or probably national Italian manager after Russia world cup. PSG would be aiming for one of Mourinho/Guardiola/Klopp/Pochettino/Conte if they ever sack Emery

Blackwidow

Yes, the Bayern players will respect him. He demands a lot but prepares the players a lot, too - and is very good tactically. A lot like Guardiola - but not as perfectionist. He is a special character, too. Tuchel might be as analytic but in difference to him I think Nagelsmann can handle the press etc. a lot better.

I guess Augenthaler was the last Bavarian coach Bayern had. Nagelsmann grew up just 20 km away from Müller in upper Bavaria - about 50 km outside of Munich.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
They aren't going to respect a guy who has never played at the highest level and is as young as they are. Nothing wrong with Ancelotti.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
They aren't going to respect a guy who has never played at the highest level and is as young as they are. Nothing wrong with Ancelotti.
Then "they" can leave.

tomaldinho1

I think coaches have a bit more power/durability in the Bundesliga. This would never happen in the PL because we're a bunch of hot head, knee jerk idiots who constantly wheel out our 'safe' bets like Allardyce and Hodgson FFS when managers are needed.

BM is probably the perfect platform as long as long as he has a decent level because you get exposure to CL guaranteed and most likely domestic titles and cups every year on your CV.

Classical Mechanic

How do they expect Ancelloti to take them further with their recent transfer market activity? When was the last time they bought a player to improve their starting 11?

This new manager looks like another cheap-as-chips option for them

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Nagelsmann will be a huge success for us. Special coach.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
What are his best qualities ?
He has his players play far better than they should. He can make bang average players look special. He has an eye to see qualities in players others don't seem to see. And he is great at utilizing those qualities.
Tactically, he is very strong, flexible and prepared for anything. Very creative. He has a great nose for late changes in the game, with his subs often scoring decisive goals.
Also, he seems to get people. He understands them. He seems to be very well liked by his team and the players respected him from day 1, despite his age.
The only coach I'd want more is the one we had before Carlo. After Pep, he is the best option available for us.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He has his players play far better than they should. He can make bang average players look special. He has an eye to see qualities in players others don't seem to see. And he is great at utilizing those qualities.
Tactically, he is very strong, flexible and prepared for anything. Very creative. He has a great nose for late changes in the game, with his subs often scoring decisive goals.
Also, he seems to get people. He understands them. He seems to be very well liked by his team and the players respected him from day 1, despite his age.
The only coach I'd want more is the one we had before Carlo. After Pep, he is the best option available for us.
All very good qualities to have in a top manager. His age obviously makes him all the more attractive to potential suitors.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
How do they expect Ancelloti to take them further with their recent transfer market activity? When was the last time they bought a player to improve their starting 11?
James Rodriguez. It's also not easy to improve a world class XI when you're not funded by oil or gas money.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Looks like Hogenstein was right about Ancelotti. Let's see if he's right about Nagelsmann replacing him too.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Rumours that he’s off to Leipzig for the 19/20 season...

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yeah, he's definitely leaving. Leipzig makes the most sense. Next season is going to be awkward though - like that player at Lazio(?) who was leaving for Inter(?) and messed up in a crucial game against them which resulted in Inter finishing in CL spot and Lazio not.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Younger than me. That’s a milestone I wasn’t looking forward to.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Thought it would be Bayern. Kovac dosen't really strike me as a 2-3 year appointment.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Hoffenheim get taken apart after each successful season. Since they are a plastic club whose daddy decided the club should carry itself they have to sell players to balance the books and it's very hard for a coach to develop something.

Don't know about Bayern, but Dortmund likely would've signed him if his clause was already in play this summer or if Stöger was an option for another season.

Leipzig should be a good choice for him as well though. Moderate expectations, great scouting, a farm team in Austria and a generous owner. He could've waited a bit to see whether Dortmund or Bayern will be unhappy with the new coaches, but given his age I can understand him going then safe route.

Last edited: