Julian Nagelsmann | Sacked and replaced by Tuchel

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's a exceptional young coach that should be very high up our priority list if we're sounding out someone for the job. His tactical acumen and thd way he can adjust his teams strategy during games is a testament to the mans work on the training ground and attention to detail which is carried out meticulously per the people who know him. His use of systems and personnel within that system makes him an absolute standout for any top club looking to recruit a new Headcoach/manager. He's already turned Real Madrid down at 29 if reports are to be believed and making moves for such a coach with immense potential would be the smart/proactive thing to. I would happily give such a exceptional talent time and money for a rebuild due to his undoubted potential.

Marco Rose at Gladbach would also be another brilliant choice.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
If Arsenal gets him, oh boy.
Nagelsmann has no reason to leave the Red Bull organisation for Arsenal, to be fair. At Leipzig, he has a really good support system around him wrt. team building and scouting and sports science and general analytics — as well as a squad that is fairly young but brimming with quality and capable of gunning for the Bundesliga title (aside from making inroads in the European Cup for the first time in club history). Their revenues are also on the up and up with an 80% increase since 2016, not that they need a ton of external money with Dietrich Mateschitz as the owner if they feel the need to flex for some reason. He would be daft to relinquish those near-perfect and moderate-pressure conditions for a young manager — only to join the arduous battle of Top 4 qualification in the Premier League (and challenging apex predators Guardiola/Klopp when he's still developing and not quite ready to grapple with them on an equal footing for a sustained period of time). If Nagelsmann does leave Leipzig before the expiration of his contract in 2022, it will probably only be to a club that's close to the top of the food chain (or capable of getting there in short order).

Nick7

Did i really??

Well his teams have yet to convince me. Too open in the back. Ralph Hasenhuttle's Leipzig was a more solid team imo.
Hasenhüttl had two seasons there, his first was quite good. His second very bad where they ended up in 6th conceding 53 goals and generally being a porous team that was easy to attack. This year only one team has conceded less than them and no team has scored more. That’s not to take into account Europe where they’re far better this year.

I’m going to have to disagree and assume your opinion is not based on actual reality

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Your profile says you are 34 years of age, you just posted a little emoji of a face rolling it's eyes with no actual context as to why you disagree.

The above sounds as though it should be an oxymoron but apparently not.
I highlighted/bolded the part in your post where you said you don't follow German football. I think that is more than enough context to see why I found your opinion odd
Also what has age got to do with it?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Hasenhüttl had two seasons there, his first was quite good. His second very bad where they ended up in 6th conceding 53 goals and generally being a porous team that was easy to attack. This year only one team has conceded less than them and no team has scored more. That’s not to take into account Europe where they’re far better this year.

I’m going to have to disagree and assume your opinion is not based on actual reality
Hasenhüttl had them playing as a typical pressing team, very intense, nasty to play against, lots of directness, but little ideas on how to break down opposition. It wasn't the biggest surprise in the world that they struggled to consistently grind out results in their second season, after the novelty and euphoria of their first season wore off. Nagelsmann's profile is much more complete, he kept some of the pressing/transitional style of Hasenhüttl and Rangnick, that's typical for the RB clubs and started to work on their positional play, trying to make them more consistent in possession. Naturally trying to be more dominant can look and be more risky at times.

What Nagelsmann has done for his age is completely off the charts, not just qualifying for the CL with Hoffenheim, but actually having the club say "we want that 28 year old to coach us next season" and then taking over early, because the club was all but relegated, with 0.7ppg from 20 games and turning that around with a 1.64ppg run. The guy must have something special.
But even if we ignore that "for his age stuff" I think tactically he looks like the complete package, a big fan of Pep's ideas, but with none of the dogmatism or stubbornness. He'd be very highly regarded even if he was 50.

OverratedOpinion

I highlighted/bolded the part in your post where you said you don't follow German football. I think that is more than enough context to see why I found your opinion odd
Also what has age got to do with it?
I don't need to watch German football every week to know that hiring a 32 year old who has only accomplished what numerous young managers have accomplished is hugely risky for a huge club.

Maturity mate.

Conor

I don't need to watch German football every week to know that hiring a 32 year old who has only accomplished what numerous young managers have accomplished is hugely risky for a huge club.

Maturity mate.
Could you jot down a nice list of all of those managers for us?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Maturity mate.
So you think its mature to say you don't see promise in a manager who you have not bothered to follow?
What young managers have accomplished what he has? Do you even know what he has accomplished?

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Nagelsmann has no reason to leave the Red Bull organisation for Arsenal, to be fair. At Leipzig, he has a really good support system around him wrt. team building and scouting and sports science and general analytics — as well as a squad that is fairly young but brimming with quality and capable of gunning for the Bundesliga title (aside from making inroads in the European Cup for the first time in club history). Their revenues are also on the up and up with an 80% increase since 2016, not that they need a ton of external money with Dietrich Mateschitz as the owner if they feel the need to flex for some reason. He would be daft to relinquish those near-perfect and moderate-pressure conditions for a young manager — only to join the arduous battle of Top 4 qualification in the Premier League (and challenging apex predators Guardiola/Klopp when he's still developing and not quite ready to grapple with them on an equal footing for a sustained period of time). If Nagelsmann does leave Leipzig before the expiration of his contract in 2022, it will probably only be to a club that's close to the top of the food chain (or capable of getting there in short order).
Sometimes a bigger challenge and a "double your salary" card is enough to get anyone. I think Arsenal would be a good option for him before getting the Bayern job.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Got Arsenal written all over this.
He is a Bayern Fan and it's only a question of time he will coach them.
First he has a project for Leipzig for at least 2 years.

In this time so much can change..

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Sometimes a bigger challenge and a "double your salary" card is enough to get anyone. I think Arsenal would be a good option for him before getting the Bayern job.
Well, never say never. :)

But as it stands — the Arsenal job is like a poisoned chalice — for what it's worth, I'm not saying this to be rude, Manchester United is unfortunately in a similar kind of rinky-dink boat these days...only with higher revenues and a bigger profile. Your squad has some strengths but needs a lot of work, the administrative structure is much poorer than the Red Bull clubs under Rangnick, and you have an owner who just doesn't care — taking a job where he'll inherit those conditions and essentially have his back against the wall from the get go would be more kamikaze than being up for a challenge.

Also, the “double your salary” card will only go so far — not everyone and everything is for sale if you throw enough money around, and as mentioned in the previous post, even though he maintains a discrete profile, the owner of Leipzig is ultra-mega-wealthy (net worth in the current year matches that of Stan and Ann Walton Kroenke combined) and would have no issues countering any offers from Nagelsmann's suitors if he so desires. IMO, barring some crazy attractive offer than can't be refused in the near future, Nagelsmann will further his education at Leipzig and then manage Bayern/Barcelona (or a club with comparable stature).

The manager you should have tried to lure (in the summer gone by) is Brendan Rodgers — he was quite literally chomping at the bit, and would have definitely jumped at the chance to manage Arsenal. Wrt. up and comers, you could target Rose/Marić from Mönchengladbach, who would be a bit more realistic than Nagelsmann all things considered. Or perhaps take a punt Marsch from Salzburg (did well in the MLS and now has a 74% win record in his first season at a European club after succeeding Rose). Also, a European club really needs to invest in Marcelo Gallardo, would be a risky appointment but he can't possibly build a bigger profile at River Plate...

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Well, never say never. :)

But as it stands — the Arsenal job is like a poisoned chalice — for what it's worth, I'm not saying this to be rude, Manchester United is unfortunately in a similar kind of rinky-dink boat these days...only with higher revenues and a bigger profile. Your squad has some strengths but needs a lot of work, the administrative structure is much poorer than the Red Bull clubs under Rangnick, and you have an owner who just doesn't care — taking a job where he'll inherit those conditions and essentially have his back against the wall from the get go would be more kamikaze than being up for a challenge.

Also, the “double your salary” card will only go so far — not everyone and everything is for sale if you throw enough money around, and as mentioned in the previous post, even though he maintains a discrete profile, the owner of Leipzig is ultra-mega-wealthy (net worth in the current year matches that of Stan and Ann Walton Kroenke combined) and would have no issues countering any offers from Nagelsmann's suitors if he so desires. IMO, barring some crazy attractive offer than can't be refused in the near future, Nagelsmann will further his education at Leipzig and then manage Bayern/Barcelona (or a club with comparable stature).

The manager you should have tried to lure (in the summer gone by) is Brendan Rodgers — he was quite literally chomping at the bit, and would have definitely jumped at the chance to manage Arsenal. Wrt. up and comers, you could target Rose/Marić from Mönchengladbach, who would be a bit more realistic than Nagelsmann all things considered. Or perhaps take a punt Marsch from Salzburg (did well in the MLS and now has a 74% win record in his first season at a European club after succeeding Rose). Also, a European club really needs to invest in Marcelo Gallardo, would be a risky appointment but he can't possibly build a bigger profile at River Plate...
Absolutely, that's why this appointment is crucial, if whoever gets it can't turn things around and we start losing big names we'll fall down even lower.
Money is a nice bonus and i'm sure Redbull would match any salary offer but they just can't offer the competition the PL offers. I would say that importing his blueprint in England and beating those clubs with unlimited funds would be bigger than winning the Bundesliga.His desire for Bayern might be bigger than that, i don't know.

I was never fully on board with Emery but i'm even less excited by Rodgers :nervous: I think he's massively overrated and i just don't like the guy, seems like a massive knob in it for himself.It would be a boring choice.

rooneyaldo

previously Cardiff, Wales. Now Montreal, Canada
Anyone notice RB Leipzig's formation and style of play resembles what Ole is trying to do here with the back 3. Ofcourse, RB Leipzig's players are more dialed in and technically superior but seems like Ole is definitely onto to something with the new formation. Or it could be nothing and Ole just stumbled across this new formation.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Anyone notice RB Leipzig's formation and style of play resembles what Ole is trying to do here with the back 3. Ofcourse, RB Leipzig's players are more dialed in and technically superior but seems like Ole is definitely onto to something with the new formation. Or it could be nothing and Ole just stumbled across this new formation.
I think the most impressive thing about this guy is he has three different formations he uses for differ scenarios and he has his players coached well enough to implement all three superbly.

A coach should be able to coach all types of players, Nagelsmann has proven his ability to coach different types of players whereas Ole Unfortunately hasn't.

This guy is on another level.

bucky

Probably more to do with Ole trying to improve us defensively and us not having many options currently in midfield and attack.

Wayne's World

Glad to see him getting recognition. Since following him when he was at TSG 1899 Hoffenheim in 2016, I knew his style of football will finally go global soon when he starts to get exposure.

I'd love for us to really take a chance on him, give him the right structure with possibly working with Ralf Rangnick as a DOF/Technical and you would see him turn this club around and put us back on the top of English and European football with the resources we have.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Top class coach and has the ability to get the best out of the players!

Pav1878

A lot of us have been saying this guy is the real deal for a while and is another level to Poch. We need to go all in for this guy and give him time as he has a real vision and style.

Pav1878

Glad to see him getting recognition. Since following him when he was at TSG 1899 Hoffenheim in 2016, I knew his style of football will finally go global soon when he starts to get exposure.

I'd love for us to really take a chance on him, give him the right structure with possibly working with Ralf Rangnick as a DOF/Technical and you would see him turn this club around and put us back on the top of English and European football with the resources we have.
Amen. Couldn't agree more. Especially getting Rangnick in to work with him

jamesjimmybyrondean

He's like the Haaland of the modern coaches. He has the potential to be the best coach in the world. Wasn't Ferguson a hot prospect when we got him?

Masskh

I am Ole in atm, I am from Leipzig, I should not support him to be the next united manager but I think he is a better choice than both Ole or Poch. He is young with great prospective and would be able to bring a lot to united.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'd be surprised if it's a matter of him not being on the club's radar or not fancied enough, and more a matter of him just starting his current challenge and being really selective over his next move. Let's be honest, United has been a poisoned chalice for managers now since SAF left and the structure is in disarray. Would love him here but don't think he'd make the move.

Doing an excellent job at Leipzig.