Julian Nagelsmann | Sacked and replaced by Tuchel

UDontMessWith24

Anyone notice RB Leipzig's formation and style of play resembles what Ole is trying to do here with the back 3. Ofcourse, RB Leipzig's players are more dialed in and technically superior but seems like Ole is definitely onto to something with the new formation. Or it could be nothing and Ole just stumbled across this new formation.
Ole has the presence of a field mouse despite the fact that he’s not inept tactically. The intangible aspects of being a leader of men with Nagelsmann imo are what will ultimately set him apart. Not a knock on Ole either btw there are very few individuals that can lead professional clubs and maintain success at this level.

izec

Properly coached side. That Leipzig team today was overall nothing special or world class bar a couple of very good players and some talents, but the creativity was unreal. Only the finishing let them down.

The difference between a good defensive manager on the down and a very good attacking manager on the up couldn't be more evident today. The teams' quality wasn't the factor here, it was the manager and coaching.

Not a coincidence they (and Gladbach) are challenging for the title this season with Bayern and Dortmund, it is the managers making a big difference. Him and Rose are very good coaches.

L1nk

Anyone notice RB Leipzig's formation and style of play resembles what Ole is trying to do here with the back 3. Ofcourse, RB Leipzig's players are more dialed in and technically superior but seems like Ole is definitely onto to something with the new formation. Or it could be nothing and Ole just stumbled across this new formation.
Nothing to do with the players, Nagelsmann is just a far superior coach on every level.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ole just isn't a great manager.

Suedesi

I am Ole in atm, I am from Leipzig, I should not support him to be the next united manager but I think he is a better choice than both Ole or Poch. He is young with great prospective and would be able to bring a lot to united.
Do you think he would succeed at United, or does it need more experience in Germany?

cedara

Wish he will be here next summer (or earlier maybe). Like Ole, but he's simply not at the quality we need.

jamesjimmybyrondean

The last question, im defo sold on him.
Wow... His English is so good. I'm also sold on him. I think the fact that he was able to break down a low block and create chances several times in the first half something we've been unable to do shows he's tactically sound because Leipzig hardly faces teams in the Bundesliga that plays with a low block.

Would prefer him to Pochettino tbh. The way people talk about how Sancho or Grealish have that United character is the same way Nagelsmann is everything a United manager should be. Loves to attack, excellent man management, works with youth, tactically flexible and very ambitious. Sadly I'm very certain we wouldn't get him either because he can't work with the our structure or we prefer Pochettino

TsuWave

Shame I’ve not seen any reports we’re considering him. Not sure he’d want to leave what he’s building though

Icemav

Shame I’ve not seen any reports we’re considering him. Not sure he’d want to leave what he’s building though
Its still very early for him. But he is the profile of manager we should have an eye on. Also we need to start thinking continution, consistency and development of playing philosophy when it comes to managers.

Moyes-LVG-Mourinho-Ole has almost destroyed us.

Judas

Open to offers
As a character I much prefer him to Poch, and I enjoy watching his teams play more than I do Poch's as well. But I just know we're not brave enough to be going for him over the obvious choice sadly. Of course it's a much riskier pick, but when we're already so low, why not take the gamble.

Wow... His English is so good. I'm also sold on him. I think the fact that he was able to break down a low block and create chances several times in the first half something we've been unable to do shows he's tactically sound because Leipzig hardly faces teams in the Bundesliga that plays with a low block.

Would prefer him to Pochettino tbh. The way people talk about how Sancho or Grealish have that United character is the same way Nagelsmann is everything a United manager should be. Loves to attack, excellent man management, works with youth, tactically flexible and very ambitious. Sadly I'm very certain we wouldn't get him either because he can't work with the our structure or we prefer Pochettino
I like the part where he talks about wanting to have the ball and playing at a high tempo also controlling the game in both possessions and not only relying on counter attacks. Tbh i wouldn't mind Poch if he came and i think he would do well but i think tactically Nagelsmann is much further ahead.

Pav1878

As a character I much prefer him to Poch, and I enjoy watching his teams play more than I do Poch's as well. But I just know we're not brave enough to be going for him over the obvious choice sadly. Of course it's a much riskier pick, but when we're already so low, why not take the gamble.
This

romufc

So I take it you watch every game Leipzig have played this year and Hoffenheim last?

Siorac

I realised yesterday that the fecker is younger than I am. That is an absolute disgrace. How dare he.

Judas

Open to offers
So I take it you watch every game Leipzig have played this year and Hoffenheim last?
Obviously not :lol: where did I say I had? Is that the criteria of liking someone now? Didn't see every day of my last girlfriends life before we met, guess I never really was in a position to love her.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I realised yesterday that the fecker is younger than I am. That is an absolute disgrace. How dare he.
I'm barely accepting that players in their prime are younger than me, but he simply takes it too far.

Masskh

Do you think he would succeed at United, or does it need more experience in Germany?
If he wins trophies this year or next year with Leipzig he would be some how unavailable for united. First of all, Leipzig does not need money, second, he will go to spot light and other big names would jump in like Madrid, Barca, City, Arsenal, Chealse and etc. At the end you never know how things work, taking him at this stage would be a bit risky but if he proves himself as a top class manager, all other teams would jump in because he is a manager who can grow his own special character and style of playing.

romufc

Obviously not :lol: where did I say I had? Is that the criteria of liking someone now? Didn't see every day of my last girlfriends life before we met, guess I never really was in a position to love her.
Touche. But watching the odd match here and there is not the best judgement.

I agree that Naggeslman is going to be a top coach, I dont think he is ready to deal with the United pressure.

Nick7

I would want them about the same. But, the question is, would Nagelsmann leave Leipzig for us at the moment. He may want to stay for another year.

Siorac

I'm barely accepting that players in their prime are younger than me, but he simply takes it too far.
Seriously! For the longest time, I had trouble accepting that Messi was born in 1987 but at least he's still a player.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I would want them about the same. But, the question is, would Nagelsmann leave Leipzig for us at the moment. He may want to stay for another year.
He'll stay for at least another 2 years, and it's everything but unlikely that he's going to see out his 4 year contract.

Thisistheone

His star rising was in stark contrast to Mourinho's fading. Was like 2020 football vs 2003 football.

izec

Hire him and give him 3 years. People talk about giving managers time, but you have to give time to the right ones. Nagelsmann would be one

Judas

Open to offers

I agree that Naggeslman is going to be a top coach, I dont think he is ready to deal with the United pressure.
That's fair, it might be too early for him, but you just feel you have to gamble at some point, or you're caught lagging behind, and someone else will take him.

Seriously don't see us going for him next, rightfully or wrongfully, unless of course Ole pulls it around and sticks in the job for another year or so, then maybe the timing for him might be right.

I hope we're at least keeping tabs on him though, we'd be mad not to be.

Alabaster Codify7

I would prefer him over Pochettino but our board aren't that adventurous. Poch would still be preferable over Ole by far, though.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Would like us to be a bit daring and go for him now. Can easily see him ending up somewhere else.
He has already rejected Madrid as he thinks he should improve before leaving Bundesliga. I don't think he will rush into changing clubs.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Still not conviced. They beat Benfica with tons of difficult, despite Benfica having no defensive midfielder or right back due to injuries.

They seem to rely a lot on pace and power, and their attacking plays look very clumsy and disjointed at times. And they are always expecting Werner to make a clever off-ball movement to break the opposition lines (he excels on 1-2's)

Might be wrong since I saw little of Leipzig outside Champions League and a few games from Bundesliga.

thepolice123

Ours is the standard 3-5-2 formation set up to stifle opposition play. Our attackers generally suffer from lack of options and we rely heavily on individual ability. Nagelsmann's formation is very fluid and adventurous. Their players were finding space at will throughout the match.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Ours is the standard 3-5-2 formation set up to stifle opposition play. Our attackers generally suffer from lack of options and we rely heavily on individual ability. Nagelsmann's formation is very fluid and adventurous. Their players were finding space at will throughout the match.
They have been well drilled in this regard. Do you think we suffer from having so many games and competitions? I mean we had a solid performance against Chelsea but now face Bruges and a quick turnaround before Watford.

How do we manage the time to implement the style? Watford as an example will have had over a week to train while we’ve played 2 games!

RoyH1

Seeing him on the telly yesterday really made me feel old. My increasing waistline doesn’t help

I hope he doesn’t rush into his next job (unless it’s with us of course). I’d hate so see such a promising young manager waste his career at Arsenal or some place like that.

romufc

That's fair, it might be too early for him, but you just feel you have to gamble at some point, or you're caught lagging behind, and someone else will take him.

Seriously don't see us going for him next, rightfully or wrongfully, unless of course Ole pulls it around and sticks in the job for another year or so, then maybe the timing for him might be right.

I hope we're at least keeping tabs on him though, we'd be mad not to be.
I agree, if we don't get Poch then and somehow Ole improves, we could go for him next year. He just managed his first CL knock out game so he is still very young and inexperienced.

The fact he hasn't won anything doesn't bother me though, because I am sure he will.

Also, we are looking at the Leipzig DoF so maybe something there?

thepolice123

They have been well drilled in this regard. Do you think we suffer from having so many games and competitions? I mean we had a solid performance against Chelsea but now face Bruges and a quick turnaround before Watford.

How do we manage the time to implement the style? Watford as an example will have had over a week to train while we’ve played 2 games!
Tbf our 3-5-2 is not new to us in this season and look like something that is borne out of necessity (due to injuries) rather than Ole's preferred formation.

I don't think its the amount of games but rather player injuries and lack of backup.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Seeing him on the telly yesterday really made me feel old. My increasing waistline doesn’t

I hope he doesn’t rush into his next job (unless it’s with us of course). I’d hate so see such a promising young manager waste his career at Arsenal or some place like that.
Are you ok? Coming to terms with middle age is a fecker

TsuWave

He has already rejected Madrid as he thinks he should improve before leaving Bundesliga. I don't think he will rush into changing clubs.
In a hypothetical scenario in which we get a new manager this summer, they'll likely be given a minimum 2 years, by then Nagelsmann will probably be moving. Hence my reasoning in terms of urgency to get him now. He rejected Real? cool, how does that stop/prevent us from attempting?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
In a hypothetical scenario in which we get a new manager this summer, they'll likely be given a minimum 2 years, by then Nagelsmann will probably be moving. Hence my reasoning in terms of urgency to get him now. He rejected Real? cool, how does that stop/prevent us from attempting?
Who said we shouldn't attempt?

Gilgamesh

Supports
Bayern, and others

I really, really hope he'll be the next Bayern manager. I wanted him already in 2018. He was born 30 miles from Munich and grew up as a Bayern fan. But when in 2018 Bayern were looking for a new manager, they hired Kovac instead because they considered Nagelsmann being still too young at 30 and also he was under contract in Hoffenheim.

But Leipzig was and is often faster and more decisive than the rest of the league: They knew that he was already on the radar of many big clubs, so they signed him in summer 2018 to a four year contract until 2023, a full year before he could actually join them as he was still under contract in Hoffenheim until 2019. That was a pretty bold move by Leipzig but is now paying off hugely. By the way, Nagelsmann left no doubt that he would of course honour his contract in Hoffenheim if they wanted him to, which they did.

So, until now Bayern were basically playing the waiting game with him. But it they don't catch him fast he'll be gone to a European powerhouse and might be lost for good. Just like Klopp whom they could have had earlier in his career but considered him not being experienced enough.

The only problem now is that Leipzig really doesn’t need money, therefore simply buying him out is no option. He would need to break up with them and demand a transfer with force, but I really doubt he would do that as he appears to be a really considerate, honest, and loyal guy. I’m afraid Bayern will miss him out again and one lucky club from wherever will get him at some stage. My only hope is that he might have in his contract a special release clause for Bayern – that has happened before…