Julian Nagelsmann | Sacked and replaced by Tuchel

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Really? That's disappointing.

Doing really well, as everyone expected. Progressing into the knockouts now just a formality, for the first time.
That's where he eventually wants to end up, due to him and his family being from the locality. But there's a potentially brilliant alternative in Marco Rose we could get.

SAFMUTD

Depends which way you look at it. I think managers at United mostly get free pass from our fans and the media (except Jose) and if they fail, they can always blame the board. We are also pretty much the only big club in the world with 0 expectations and standards at this moment. Finish top 4 and you are 100% safe. I think we are quite an attractive destination.
I dont agree at all, much like top players top managers or aspiring top managers want to succeed and win titles. The fact that our board doesnt give a feck about winning trophies make us a lesser attractive club for top managers, the exact reason why Klopp chose Liverpool over us.

USREDEVIL

The problem would be persuading Nagelsmann to committ career suicide. The entire world can see what a shambles the club is and Mourinho, Moyes and Van Gaal have not exactly hidden the fact that working with Woodward is a complete nightmare.

Nagelsmann would have to be certifiably insane to even consider it.
Get a hold of yourself man! A newbie but promising manager would love to take the reigns at United. We're a few players short of competing at the top level but we'll get there soon enough. Man some people are sharpening their straight razors ready to off themselves. Have a drink or something.

passing-wind

Hopefully Bayern get a more immediate replacement who does well so we have a chance of running for him. It would be an absolute disgrace if we miss out (generally) on any quality long term managers because we have Solskjaer in charge. I don't think the club is in bad as a state as most perceive, we are a good manager and a strong window or two away from being competitive. Personally every appointment since SAF has had a aura of disappointment when announced including Ole / Mourinho. It would be nice to have a manager who can give the fans something to look forward to.

Infra-red

Get a hold of yourself man! A newbie but promising manager would love to take the reigns at United. We're a few players short of competing at the top level but we'll get there soon enough. Man some people are sharpening their straight razors ready to off themselves. Have a drink or something.
I've had plenty while watching us this season. It takes the edge off!

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Nagelsmann is a smart guy who knows he's already being watched closely by most big clubs. I don't think he's desperate to coach a major club as soon as possible and his decision to sign a four season contract with Leipzig a year in advance underlines that.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I'd hate if we miss out on a talented manager when Arsenal sack Emery.

AshRK

I dont agree at all, much like top players top managers or aspiring top managers want to succeed and win titles. The fact that our board doesnt give a feck about winning trophies make us a lesser attractive club for top managers, the exact reason why Klopp chose Liverpool over us.
That's a weird analogy considering Liverpool have won less trophies than us. In fact when Klopp took over Liverpool they were in much worse position. I would say managing us is a huge challenge considering expectations here are much higher but tools given are not that good.

Vanya

He's an excellent manager. His teams are attacking and tactically flexible. but he's not ready for United or a massive club like that just yet IMO. His coaching style involves a lot of risk but not a lot of control. I think he will be expected to replicate a dominant style of football at a top club but against top quality counter attacking teams, his teams will get exposed.

he needs a few more years experience of coaching Leipzig before he should move to a massive club.

PS - if we need anyone from Leipzig at United, its Nkunku and /or Werner.

RedDevilRoshi

He’d be my dream appointment. But got a horrible feeling that he will be either City or Liverpool bound if/when Guardiola/Klopp depart.

SAFMUTD

That's a weird analogy considering Liverpool have won less trophies than us. In fact when Klopp took over Liverpool they were in much worse position. I would say managing us is a huge challenge considering expectations here are much higher but tools given are not that good.
Yes Liverpool were worse, but they had a plan and clearly that convinced Klopp better than us. Woody describing ManUtd as disneyland tells all about our current position. It was clear as water that the main objetive here wasnt to win trophies while in Liverpool it was.

AshRK

Yes Liverpool were worse, but they had a plan and clearly that convinced Klopp better than us. Woody describing ManUtd as disneyland tells all about our current position. It was clear as water that the main objetive here wasnt to win trophies while in Liverpool it was.
But your OP was that Liverpool would be a better place to win titles than United when Liverpool have not won one PL. If you had said managers would not want to work under this board then that is something I can agree with but I won't agree that managers won't join us because we won't be successful. We, as a club are quite an attractive destination for the managers.

OverratedOpinion

People talk about this guy as if he has shown the same type of promise as Mourinho when he left Porto. I don't see it personally but I don't really follow German football.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Your profile says you are 34 years of age, you just posted a little emoji of a face rolling it's eyes with no actual context as to why you disagree.

The above sounds as though it should be an oxymoron but apparently not.
There is nothing to agree or disagree with. It's just very perplexing to see someone have an opinion on something that they don't really follow. As for the people that follow german football, he is rated because he took a team that was midtable, bottom half of the Bundesliga and led them to two CL qualifications in 3 years, he is a young and talented coach.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
People talk about this guy as if he has shown the same type of promise as Mourinho when he left Porto. I don't see it personally but I don't really follow German football.
I think you‘re living up to your user name.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Of all the potential managers that gets mentions to succeed Ole, he is is the one that impresses me the most.
Nagelsmann >>>>>>>>>>>> Poch
:lol: :lol: :lol:

When Negelsmann revolutize the philosophy and structure of a club he manages with years of consistency to show for it. Plus reach the final of the champion league without large investment and is competitive in a competitive league, then that post will be taking more seriously.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero

When Negelsmann revolutize the philosophy and structure of a club he manages with years of consistency to show for it. Plus reach the final of the champion league without large investment and is competitive in a competitive league, then that post will be taking more seriously.

Do you think anyone takes your posts seriously?

alexthelion

Don't you mean, when he can his team to play poorly for over a year but fluke a CL final appearance?

SAFMUTD

But your OP was that Liverpool would be a better place to win titles than United when Liverpool have not won one PL. If you had said managers would not want to work under this board then that is something I can agree with but I won't agree that managers won't join us because we won't be successful. We, as a club are quite an attractive destination for the managers.
Not with our current board, they proved in and out that they care if you win titles as long as you finish top 4, thats the bar here.

Managers wanting to win UCLs and league titles for sure won’t look at United as one of the top places to be.

OverratedOpinion

There is nothing to agree or disagree with. It's just very perplexing to see someone have an opinion on something that they don't really follow. As for the people that follow german football, he is rated because he took a team that was midtable, bottom half of the Bundesliga and led them to two CL qualifications in 3 years, he is a young and talented coach.
I know that Jose Mourinho won the Europa League and then the Champions League with a Portuguese side. That is what made him a coach that elite level clubs were fighting over.

Nagelsmann has done roughly the same as Moyes did in his first few years at Everton in a weaker league.

I am not even knocking the bloke, he has not failed. I am just saying that I do not see anything that backs up this idea that we could never get him because Madrid, Barca and Bayern will all be having a desperate tug of war over him.

OverratedOpinion

I think you‘re living up to your user name.
I think when people try and insult someone by reaffirming their self depreciation in a serious manner it makes them look very lacking in wit but it's all about opinions I suppose.