Julian Nagelsmann | Sacked and replaced by Tuchel

romufc

The only problem now is that Leipzig really doesn’t need money, therefore simply buying him out is no option. He would need to break up with them and demand a transfer with force, but I really doubt he would do that as he appears to be a really considerate, honest, and loyal guy. I’m afraid Bayern will miss him out again and one lucky club from wherever will get him at some stage

Yep, I don't think he would leave considering the faith they showed in him signing him a year prior and a long contract. He probably feels he needs has time to develop before moving to a bigger club. What better way to make a name than taking a relatively smaller club to win trophies?

Bayern is probably his dream job and a perfect place because he will probably win alot and get CL exposure, dealing with big egos etc.

OleGunnar20

Fantastic manager (As is Rose), but just can't see us getting him really. Think he's nailed on for Bayern / Barca eventually.

Rose perhaps more gettable and looking equally impressive? Any other up and coming options people more in the know than myself can throw out there?

I heard Gallardo mentioned a couple of times, but don't know much about him really.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not like to go for one of the most highly rated young managers around. We tend to either go for complete incompetence or household names.

TsuWave

Not like to go for one of the most highly rated young managers around. We tend to either go for complete incompetence or household names.
True. It has been a thing of extremes for us. Has-beens or absolute bums.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
I was really impressed by him yesterday. Great planning and tactics by him. The great performance from Leipzig was down to his tactics. There was no luck involved in that display compared to our performance against Chelsea for example.

L1nk

Will inevitably end up at City after Guardiola if he stays for a few seasons, or at Bayern, in my opinion, I would love to have either him or Marco Rose at the club though, but they are far too adventurous a prospect for this club to bother with i'm sure, however, if we wanna start competing at the top again now and in the future, these are the managers we should be after, they are the now and future of this game, we can't keep getting left behind by hiring managers looking into the past, I really can't wait until we wake up and realise we need to move forward and get with the times instead of trying to replicate past glories with things we did back then just because they worked years and years ago.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Nagelsmann possibly will stay at RBL for at least another season but Marco Rose I feel is gettable from Gladbach. I think Rose would jump at the chance to manage United.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Fortunately he is a Bayern fan so I think it will only be a matter of time until he becomes Bayern coach if his career continues like this.

I'm not the biggest fan of his character (he seems a bit arrogant and like the "I'm so smart i know everything" nerds we all know from school) in most interviews but he is a very, very impressive coach.

Does he like attacking football? Check
But knows when to adapt his game? Check (last week Leizig played in munich against Bayern and got a deserved 0:0, playing more defensive minded and careful than in other games)
Does he like ball possession? Check
Is he versatile and uses different formations? Check
Do his players like him? Check
Does he care more about talent than names? Check (just look at Forsberg)
Does he show development? Check

Regarding the last point... Obviously you except that a coach this young develops into an even better coach and learns a thing or two. But with Nagelsmann you can clearly identify two major aspects where he developed in the past 2, 3 years:
1. He learned not to ask too much of his players. When he was at Hoffenheim they also used different formations, often changing them during the game, not only in the half time but basically on the fly. This sometimes lead to obvious confusion in the team and some mistakes in defense. Some Hoffenheim players (most vocally Kramaric) told the media, that they are humans and not robots and that Nagelsmann is confusing them sometimes.
At Leipzig now he still uses different formations and also changes them during the game but compared to Hoffenheim, I can't think of a single game where the formating change mid-game wasn't in their favor.
In the game Lepizig-Bayern at the beginning of the season Bayern played them off the park in the first half and Leipzig was very happy with the 1:1 result at half time. For the second half Nagelsmann changed the formation and some other aspects and Bayern was neutralized.

2. At Hoffenheim he really struggled with what we call the "Dreifachbelastung" (basically "triple burdens/duties") in germany. Hoffenheim played two seasons in the Europe League with Nagelsmann but both times they dropped out early. Nagelsmann said in an interview that he is not used to have so little time for training with his team, because after one game you may have one day for training until the preparations and the flight to the next game start. He also clearly rotated too many players some time which lead to bad results. They were still good in the league but they absolutely failed in the DFB Pokal and the Europe League.
Well now at Leipzig you can see the change....while they went out in the cup against a good Frankfurt team on that day, Leipzig is 2nd in the league and has a very good chance to make the quarter finals in the CL.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Nagelsmann possibly will stay at RBL for at least another season but Marco Rose I feel is gettable from Gladbach. I think Rose would jump at the chance to manage United.
Get Ralph in first and have a structure ready. If we get Ralph in first, its probably ok to give one more year to Ole and wait for Rose or Nagelsmann or even Hassenhuttl (I rate him above Poch)

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Would love a progressive coach like him at United.

Please, please make it happen.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Him and Pochettino shows that you don’t need an expensive squad to play good football. These are the type of managers we should aim to get. Not a manager who can’t get the best out of what he has at his disposal. This is because when given the luxury to spend a lot like all of United managers beside Moyes, then good performances and results will follow.

Even though, I m a fan of Ole as a player, I would hope United will let him go for one of these two managers next season. In particular Pochettino because Nagelsman is still wet behind the ear. It is time United start playing good football and return to the top of Europe.

Green Arrow

Don't think it will happen with the Chelsea win and hopefully the win tonight, Ed will think we are back to our best and winning ways so will persist with Ole into next season.

passing-wind

Solskjaer is absolute garbage compared to the likes of these managers and him and Rose are candidates we hopefully will be considering in summer. Their teams have an identity, they have an ethos and they are able to implement systems which improves individual players. Oh and the best one yet is their teams aren't full of flavour of the month surnames that according to some are required before you can appropriately judge a manager.

Wayne's World

So finally you guys see what I have been seeing for the last 3-4 years. He's going to be the next Jurgen Klopp (or Pep because he'll become a serial winner with a big club)

mu4c_20le

He is the future. And a big part of why I am willing to be patient with Ole and give him some more time to continue the rebuild if it means waiting for the right moment to land this guy, rather than missing out again like we did Klopp if we jump the gun and commit to someone else in the summer.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I want some of what u guys are smoking. There is no way United will drop Ole if he finishes top 4 and/or wins either the EL or FA Cup. If there was a time to replace Ole it was sometime last year.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He isn’t done with Leipzig yet anyway. Can see us going for him in a couple of years if Ole doesn’t work out.

He is the future. And a big part of why I am willing to be patient with Ole and give him some more time to continue the rebuild if it means waiting for the right moment to land this guy, rather than missing out again like we did Klopp if we jump the gun and commit to someone else in the summer.
Then the ground work needs to be done now, we should approach him to discuss coming in 21/22.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Imho we should go for him as soon as he is willing to move no matter what
Tend to agree. Love Ole, but it'll be a couple years yet so who knows what can happen in that time?
Then the ground work needs to be done now, we should approach him to discuss coming in 21/22.
This is what sensible clubs do. How long were City grooming Pep, like 4 years?

van Hooijdonk

Great coach for the future. I like him and his teams playing style. Impressed me a lot in Hoffenheim and now in Leipzig.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
BBC gossip column, taken from Bild (in German):

"RB Leipzig coach Julian Nagelsmann would like to take up a job abroad when his deal expires in 2023 - and the 32-year-old is keen on a move to the Premier League."

:rolleyes: :devil:

OleGunnar20

BBC gossip column, taken from Bild (in German):

"RB Leipzig coach Julian Nagelsmann would like to take up a job abroad when his deal expires in 2023 - and the 32-year-old is keen on a move to the Premier League."

:rolleyes: :devil:
Would be absolutely perfect if things don't quite work out with OGS by then, although I'm still cautiously optimistic there.

paulscholes18

Wonder how they will do next season losing Werner’s 28 league goals won’t be easy to replace a player of his quality

Womp

idiot
My pick, alongside Rose, to replace Ole if he doesn't work out here. Two exceptional up and coming managers.