Julian Nagelsmann | Sacked and replaced by Tuchel

Pep's Suit

In recent months Nagelsmann repeatedly praised Pep and how they exchange videos, analysis etc. There's clearly some buildup to him joining City already. Not sure if next summer or '22, though.

Sylar

Wonderful
Well it should be, since your claim is they are better managed. If were gonna praise JNs management for helping them get to the semi final, then Ole has to be praised for doing the same in a different competition.

But again, RB lost in the semi final to a CL finalist, a team that Ole just helped to manage to outclass a few months later.
And back to the original point, the cost of our players should have no bearing on quality of the players as this isnt decided by managers.

saivet

You can get lucky in being able to appoint the right guy at the right time, but planning is also important. If we want him, I don't think we can afford to just wait and see who is available when we eventually sack Ole as he will have most likely got a job elsewhere. I think Poch is the obvious target that we would go for if he's available, as someone like Nagelsmann will be in more demand and require manager succession planning to even get him to agree to join us..

jamesjimmybyrondean

You know how even though Grealish does not play for a big club and has not won anything he has the character of a United player. Nagelsmann too seems like a United manager

hubbuh

I can't see Chelsea giving Lampard the boot just yet after backing him so vociferously in the market, assuming he keeps them in or around the top 4. City makes the most sense, it'd be a crying shame if we weren't at least in the conversation.

Kostov

Well he wrote "far far better" with which I disagree and their first eleven is pretty goo. They have Depth in defense and genuine quality in Upamecano, very good midfielders in Sabitzer and Kampl, and they added Sorloth to that semi final team. I think they have a top first eleven.

monosierra

I also think that on paper our first 11 are better but not that far apart.
We have a higher ceiling in terms of most individual player's potential but the overall performance being coaxed out of these players as a team of 11 still suffers from inconsistency.

Kostov

We have a higher ceiling in terms of most individual player's potential but the overall performance being coaxed out of these players as a team of 11 still suffers from inconsistency.
Well I won't say that we have picked the perfect managers and they have been a factor but the blame should be on the players also, and we obviously overrate them since they are not able to perform consistently no matter who is the manager.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
This thread will be insufferable if Leipzig win today.
It's going to be insufferable both ways, if United win then Nagelsmann will be called a fraud and if RB win then Ole will be. Both statements are ridiculous and, as your say, insufferable.

Skeezix

On the other hand, he can just as easily become a fraud already come 10PM!
Very high stakes for the Hipster Manager Julian Nagelsmann eh?

I rate him higher than Pochettino tbh. Just hoping he doesn't turn up looking like the Congo Dandies today.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Well it should be, since your claim is they are better managed. If were gonna praise JNs management for helping them get to the semi final, then Ole has to be praised for doing the same in a different competition.
Not at all.

They are better managed hence they reached the semi final of the best competition with a relatively weak squad. We reached the semi final of a second rate European team with a far better team, club and squad being not as well managed.

But again, RB lost in the semi final to a CL finalist, a team that Ole just helped to manage to outclass a few months later.
Yes give him a trophy for winning a match against PSG. Incredible stuff.

And back to the original point, the cost of our players should have no bearing on quality of the players as this isnt decided by managers.
Which is as wank a point as it was then. The cost of teams tends to have correlation to the quality at their disposal, hence big spending United having better players than those that cant spend that much whether that be Reading (rubbish team) or Leipzig (good team). It's not a perfect correlation but works most times.

Sylar

Not at all.

They are better managed hence they reached the semi final of the best competition with a relatively weak squad. We reached the semi final of a second rate European team with a far better team, club and squad being not as well managed.
Lyon made it to the semi final as well. Does this mean Lyon are better managed than City with Pep?
Unless by managed were not talking about Ole but higher up into board management.

Yes give him a trophy for winning a match against PSG. Incredible stuff.
Odd comment. You are changing parameters to not praise Ole but to praise RB / JN? Very odd comment to make

Which is as wank a point as it was then. The cost of teams tends to have correlation to the quality at their disposal, hence big spending United having better players than those that cant spend that much whether that be Reading (rubbish team) or Leipzig (good team). It's not a perfect correlation but works most times.
Its not a perfect correlation for a reason. Again, spending and quantity of price of a player like @Kostov said, is not down to the manager.

I am really interested to see what this thread is like after todays game no matter the result.

brzez

Well he wrote "far far better" with which I disagree and their first eleven is pretty goo. They have Depth in defense and genuine quality in Upamecano, very good midfielders in Sabitzer and Kampl, and they added Sorloth to that semi final team. I think they have a top first eleven.
Well they have some good players. No doubt about that. But I think we have far more greater players than they have. But let’s take an example, Angelino is a starter for them, the most hated player on RedCafe, Daniel James, ripped him a new arsehole at Etihad. He even got substituted, because of all the problems James created. And also doesn’t that tell you a story when Zinchenko/Mendy was preferred to Angelino? All three of them are rubbish. And now Angelino is starting in a “top first eleven.” Ffs.

Regarding that semi-final spot.
It was just a fluke. Spurs were shit last season, and they were even more rubbish without Kane and Son, and neither one played. And then Leipzig faced Atlético in the quarterfinals, and they were a rubbish team aswell. Add to that, it was a one off game without any fans, and the games were played in a disrupted season. Werner has also left and he was their best player.

So yeah, I truly believe that they have 1 or 2 players that I think would take a spot in our XI. No more. And regarding Nagelsmann, I’m not so sure about him. I remember Tuchel being the second coming of Jesus Christ. And now what?

Anyways, I think I’ve posted my three posts for today. But we should win this game, and if we don’t, remember, Ole is shit, our players are shit, we need a new kit man because he’s shit, everything’s shit and everybody else are just so fantastic and beautiful because everybody else have a DOF and a manager that uses a cap and glasses:D

romufc

Odd comment. You are changing parameters to not praise Ole but to praise RB / JN? Very odd comment to make
Parameters have to be changed to suit the argument against Ole. Every Ole outer I have come across will not praise the manager for things he has done right.

Again, its easy to say hes shit just because they want a new shiny toy.

Sylar

In the CL, they most certainly were.
In the one game, sure? But thats Pep being too clever for his own good. But now are we taking the one game or overall?
Cos if its one game, United were better managed against PSG than RB were...

And I certainly think United were better managed than Sevilla in the Europa semi final, except the finishing let us down and our defending pretty much allowed a goal on the only two dangerous attacks against us.

Parameters have to be changed to suit the argument against Ole. Every Ole outer I have come across will not praise the manager for things he has done right.

Again, its easy to say hes shit just because they want a new shiny toy.
Thats the thing, I dont mind his flaws being mentioned such as being reactive with subs rather than proactive
Or picking Romero over DDG in the fa cup semi final (as an example)
Or that he may not be perfect, etc

But I do find it odd that some of goalposts are moved to level criticism at Ole.

romufc

Off to City I bet.
That would be a big blow. He just seems to a manager who really studies the game.

One thing he has over many managers is getting some of these players to perform.

Angelino was at City done nothing, now look at the threat he poses from left back.

podurban2

It's going to be insufferable both ways, if United win then Nagelsmann will be called a fraud and if RB win then Ole will be. Both statements are ridiculous and, as your say, insufferable.
This is a United forum, if we win and people want to call Nagelsmann a fraud I couldn’t care less.

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
He looks like a clown in that stupid suit.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
He will be an amazing manager with better players, a lot of times a lack of quality in the final pass has let RB down.