Julian Nagelsmann | Sacked and replaced by Tuchel

DickDastardly

But the way they PRESS!

Feck me, i'd take him instead of Phealan as an assistant.

Fergie always had the balls to take great assistants who were up to date with football in the specific time.

Wayne's World

At the end of both managerial careers, he will have a better career then Ole. Total overreaction to one of the best managers in Europe coming up

DRM

What was with that jacket anyway? Is he known to be a flashy cnut?

Bojan11

Admittedly haven’t seen much of him, but they didn’t look like a particularly interesting footballing side, even in the 20-30 or so minutes they were on top... I was expecting something a lot more impressive, given the hype.
Same.

I remember watching Hoffenheim under him against Liverpool and City they looked the same. Possession wise good, but defensively ropey.

OverratedOpinion

At the end of both managerial careers, he will have a better career then Ole. Total overreaction to one of the best managers in Europe coming up
He might have.

It is pretty clear that Ole has a degree of tactical nous, is a terrific man manager and already at a club who has far more talent at their disposal. I personally would not be so sure.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Have to say, he's got a horrific dress sense.

Red_Aaron

Fergie would've been fuming had he turned up in that jacket when he was in charge!

Having a system is all well and good but if its crashing down around you you have to stem the tide.

For all the fanboy fantasies he was ultimately shown up as being naive tonight

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Do people expect Nagelsmann to just beat every bigger team literally all the time?

So far he's doing well with Leipzig, and I think he'll learn from these losses.

Moonwalker

Foreign muck and a ponce. Julian Nincompoop more like. Flavor of the month, faux tactical genius. Ole has shown him for what he is, the emperor is naked, etc. and so on.

Always rated Marco Rose more anyway.

OverratedOpinion

Do people expect Nagelsmann to just beat every bigger team literally all the time?

So far he's doing well with Leipzig, and I think he'll learn from these losses.
The night that someone gets beat 5-0 they will deservedly take some criticism.

DickDastardly

Why would he ever join us to be an assistant?
Why not?

He is 33 years old only, you know that.

He's 3 years younger than me. If Manchester United wanted me as an assistant coach, i'd happily take it :)

Kidding but not kidding. He is only 33. He could easily take a shit load of money we throw at him and improve us massively while being a part of the best club in the world.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's obviously a very good manager and his side are well drilled, but they were massively helped out by the referee in the first half to the point they had to do no defending. He relaxed a bit in the second half and we looked like scoring pretty much anytime we went in their half. For all their huffing and puffing they couldn't get through our backline which shows we set up very well, and that's even with how poor Matic was in the first half. It was very naive of him to change his tactics like he did, giving Rashford free reign was like signing a death warrant. Like others have said, he was tactically schooled today.

crossy1686

career ending
Why not?

He is 33 years old only, you know that.

He's 3 years younger than me. If Manchester United wanted me as an assistant coach, i'd happily take it :)

Kidding but not kidding. He is only 33. He could easily take a shit load of money we throw at him and improve us massively while being a part of the best club in the world.
Because Real Madrid offered him the job after they sacked Lopetegui. He has options that are much better than our assistant.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
But the way they PRESS!

Feck me, i'd take him instead of Phealan as an assistant.

Fergie always had the balls to take great assistants who were up to date with football in the specific time.
This post is what happens when you're exposed to that jacket for extended periods.

stevoc

Not going to make any predictions on his future success off one game but based on what i seen tonight i wouldn't like him at United.

Leipzig did a lot of play acting, made a meal of almost everything they've been instructed to do that. That and the fact he employs an archaic 352 formation and seems to have no plan beyond pressing. Once they went 2 down they folded like a cheap suit.

Oh and wearing a suit like that

Wayne's World

Hi there Nostradamus.

Please also give me next weeks lotto's numbers.
Unlike you mate I've watched Leipzig, I've seen the progress he's had at Hoffenheim and this current Leipzig side. I'll judge Ole more when he actually gets to a semi-final of a Champions League or wins something. We are Man Utd not leipzig who don't have a quarter of the resources we have.

Marco Silva? Villas-Boas? Jardim?
Neither of them I'd considered to be anything close to Naglesmann level. He's still the closest thing I've seen to Klopp seen Klopp came on the scene at Mainz

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
He just witnessed the future of the Man Utd/England: Rashford and Greenwood.

Still a bloody good manager to have those players playing like that. They gave us a hell of a game for 70 minutes with inferior players. We beat them because our players are better and we finished pretty much every chance we got.