Julian Nagelsmann | Sacked and replaced by Tuchel

Judas

Open to offers
The quality we have compared to them showed clearly and yet he still gets so much out of them. It's obvious he's tactically got a lot of clever ideas, and he's still a child in management years. He's going to win plenty as a manager at a top club, I've no doubt.

Last edited:

edcunited1878

His backline got exposed and then the subs by Ole killed them massively.

You can see how RB Leipzig played the first half and it's nice, organized, and they used the width of the pitch really well. But there's a lot of responsibilities on the 3 CBs. In England, there's so much directness and pace, not necessarily technique, where you can get hit hard.

Still an innovative and good young manager, but tonight and rightfully, his team was too naive and open and didn't respond well at all. Should be a huge lesson for him tonight.

Sylar

Tbf they have only lost once since June

Until Ole came along and gave them their heaviest defeat

treble_winner

Just what was he thinking, giving Rashford those wide spaces at the back to run into? :lol:
Another "Flavor of CAF" joined Mourinho, Pep Guardiola, Lampard, Tuchel, Pochettino...in Ole's beat list.

Glorio

I'd still take him in the morning because he will be a multiple league winner and Champions League winner. Bad night tonight, it happens

Klopp lost 7-2 to Aston Villa doesn't make him a bad manager either
Multiple League and Champions League winner based on what though? Ole did win trophies with Molde you know - doesn't always translate

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Still a bloody good manager to have those players playing like that. They gave us a hell of a game for 70 minutes with inferior players. We beat them because our players are better and we finished pretty much every chance we got.
Yea would go along with this. Between Greenwoods goal and half time i was worried.

We were much better in the second half, even at the start of it. I felt Bruno and Rashford coming on changed things.

DickDastardly

Because Real Madrid offered him the job after they sacked Lopetegui. He has options that are much better than our assistant.
Yeah but Real Madrid is not Manchester United :)

Assistant to the great Ole as well.

We could use another wally with a brolly as an assistant coach, this time, wally with the dumb jacky.

Chairman Steve

Still a potentially good manager with a good team of players who aren’t the most extravagant. One result doesn’t write anyone off forever.

Sir Alex got his ass kicked with Aberdeen 4-0 against Liverpool at Anfield about 40 years ago

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
His backline got exposed and then the subs by Ole killed them massively.

You can see how RB Leipzig played the first half and it's nice, organized, and they used the width of the pitch really well. But there's a lot of responsibilities on the 3 CBs. In England, there's so much directness and pace, not necessarily technique, where you can get hit hard.

Still an innovative and good young manager, but tonight and rightfully, his team was too naive and open and didn't respond well at all. Should be a huge lesson for him tonight.
Didn't watch the game but that sounds like him, I think. If I'm not mistaken that's also why he chose to coach Leipzig after Hoffenheim. He knows that there's still much too learn for him, no matter how good he is in some aspects of the game. I mean, there are many players older than him. People tend to forget how bloody young he is for a coach.

Glorio

Surprised how easily his team collapsed. I expected better, but I guess it is the hands he was dealt with. He is no Pochettino that is for sure.
:lol: If only Poch knows how much you do for him!!! You deserve a salary

cyberman

Its the problem I see with the odd German game I watch. They never close down when getting pummeled. Its as open as ever.

Wayne's World

Didn't watch the game but that sounds like him, I think. If I'm not mistaken that's also why he chose to coach Leipzig after Hoffenheim. He knows that there's still much too learn for him, no matter how good he is in some aspects of the game. I mean, there are many players older than him. People tend to forget how bloody young he is for a coach.
Exactly, he's not a 50+ year old who has the experience. Tonight in the long run will probably do him the world of good

Pav1878

Jeez, people being a little harsh on him.

He's a very good manager, who is top of the bundesliga and got to the semis of the CL last year.

Not a good day at the office today but doesn't make him a shit manager.

Our very own manager got battered 6-1 recently. One bad result doesn't make you useless.

Idxomer

He played against a team that had Rashford, Fernandes, and Cavani on the bench and kept it very close for over 70 minutes.

Passing judgement on him now will look silly eventually.

Glorio

He's a very good manager, who is top of the bundesliga and got to the semis of the CL last year.

Our very own manager got battered 6-1 recently. One bad result doesn't make you useless.
But... but... Ole got crucified for that as clueless and useless, even with one man less

I take your point, results like that don't define a manager, but we should be just as reasonable with our own, and most folks here aren't

LJJT

Thought this guy pissed all over Ole? Needs to spend more time on his team and less on the silly jackets.

Castia

He’s shite pal.

Crashoutcassius

The quality we have compared to them showed clearly and yet he still gets so much out of him. It's obvious he's tactically got a lot of clever ideas, and he's still a child in management years. He's going to win plenty as a manager at a top club, I've no doubt.
Got battered tonight though by what is widely considered a terrible United team with a joke of a coach who can't score without a peno

Crashoutcassius

He played against a team that had Rashford, Fernandes, and Cavani on the bench and kept it very close for over 70 minutes.

Passing judgement on him now will look silly eventually.
They are the cl semi finalists so what if he played a team with cavani on the bench hahha cavani was mooted as washed up as recently as two weeks ago

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Joins the illustrious list that contains Poch, Tuchel, Pep & Mourinho of managers Ole has schooled

No shame in that :wenger:

RUCK4444

I take your point, results like that don't define a manager, but we should be just as reasonable with our own, and most folks here aren't
This this this. If our own manager was treated reasonably by many on here there wouldn’t be such a divide and bickering amongst posters.