Julian Ward, the new Michael Edwards, is quitting. Liverpool need to find the new new Michael Edwards

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Under the bus for the Nunez deal ? Or why leaving so soon ?

Righteous Steps

For spending 100m on a 40m player?
Time will tell how good he can be but so far I don’t think it’s a bad deal, if he ends up good he’ll be 85m, Klopp seems to be ok with the signing so don’t see that being an issue.

And he’s definitely better than a 40m player.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Looks like they are planning to move somewhere together especially with new ownership coming soon.

TheReligion

Abusive
Time will tell how good he can be but so far I don’t think it’s a bad deal, if he ends up good he’ll be 85m, Klopp seems to be ok with the signing so don’t see that being an issue.

You asked what’s up with the deal and the answer is they massively overpaid on it.

cyberman

What makes him better than a 40m player and what is a 40m player if everybody is as overrated as he is? Just good seems to get you an 85m valuation according to this!

Righteous Steps

What makes him better than a 40m player and what is a 40m player if everybody is as overrated as he is? Just good seems to get you an 85m valuation according to this!
Everything points to him being a very good goalscorer, 5 goals and 2 assists in 10 pl games, 3 goals in 6 CL games, his minute to goal ratio easily one of the best in the league.

Add that to what he did last season and the fact he’s only 23, suggests to me he is a bit better than a ‘40m player’ although I shouldn’t have even respond to that because as you imply 40m can get you varying levels of players, so it’s hard to quantify.

What I do think though is by the end of the season I don’t think there will be as many people thinking he is overpriced as there is now.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Under the bus for the Nunez deal ?
All the insider (journalist) stuff from around Liverpool seem to suggest that Nunez was a Klopp choice (him and his assistant) rather than a statistical/ money all choice so I doubt that's the reason.

Probably just doesn't want to work under the constraints that Liverpool will have to while they try and sell.

Remember the geese

Everything points to him being a very good goalscorer, 5 goals and 2 assists in 10 pl games, 3 goals in 6 CL games, his minute to goal ratio easily one of the best in the league.

Add that to what he did last season and the fact he’s only 23, suggests to me he is a bit better than a ‘40m player’ although I shouldn’t have even respond to that because as you imply 40m can get you varying levels of players, so it’s hard to quantify.

What I do think though is by the end of the season I don’t think there will be as many people thinking he is overpriced as there is now.
Does he look any better than Jota? He cost £40m.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Seems like the op model is changing and personnel will change accordingly. Nothing unusual, I think this happens at most clubs every few years.

Chief123

Best Researcher in Europe right now. Ballon D’or incoming. :drool:

redcucumber

Best Researcher in Europe right now. Ballon D’or incoming. :drool:

Would be pure lols, but isn't our sporting director of football and development brain trust all ready fairly stacked? Cooks spoiling the broth and all that jazz.

Chief123

Would be pure lols, but isn't our sporting director of football and development brain trust all ready fairly stacked? Cooks spoiling the broth and all that jazz.
Can never have too many researchers. We need depth in the squad. :drool: