Julian Weigl

Nick7

We don't need a director of football. If we did, we would be taking away an important aspect of management away from Mourinho.

Judas

Open to offers
That only works if Mourinho is going to be here for a long long time. Clubs are better off with a director of football these days, it's not as if there wouldn't still be input from the manager.

Nick7

That only works if Mourinho is going to be here for a long long time. Clubs are better off with a director of football these days, it's not as if there wouldn't still be input from the manager.
Or we end up like Chelsea where a manager comes in and gets fed players they don't want.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
ADM did well with us. He was our main assist man at a time when United create 1 chance per game. It was LVG obsession in killing every ounce of creativity in the the team that forced him out.

Regarding your comment, we're talking here about 2 players whom we signed after doing very well for Dortmund for quite some time and were unwatchable with us. I am not saying that every Dortmund player will automatically fail. All I am saying is that we need to be careful.
Agree, ADM got what 12 assists and only played half a season. he was playing with Rooney RVP and Falcao upfront, no pace in any of them. He started well until LVG folded the 4-1-2-1-2 after Leicester and then shut up shop with that horrible 3-5-2. No wonder he wanted out, I don't blame him. If only he hung on when Jose came, it would have been different.

perspective

Supports
Bayern München
his current form is a desaster. so many misplaced passes, people run by him like he is not even there. Some Dortmund fans are already begging Pep to take him in the summer.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
his current form is a desaster. so many misplaced passes, people run by him like he is not even there. Some Dortmund fans are already begging Pep to take him in the summer.
I don't see what the fuss is over him..

perspective

Supports
Bayern München
Tuchel had a role for him in a midfield 3 where he looked like pirlo some time.

The team as whole hasn't looked great this season, he's probably just having a bad patch, I still rate him.

Devil may care

Bosz tried to switch him to a #8 after he'd played the bulk of his senior football as a #6 in the mold of Busquets, he's not found any form since that failed experiment.

ti vu

I will not be judgmental on this case, as it may just a young player having one of those bad season after a disastrous season at his club. Just say that for him to make a move to top club at time like this, I don't think it's good for him. He needs to show the strong mentality, capable of bouncing back first. At big club he would be expected to hit the ground running even if it's in term of progress of fulfilling squad role.

NoPace

Found this on Reddit, not sure how reliable this dude is though.

Assuming Mendy is healthy, I think City's first priority will be a DM and he's a fine passer, so this makes sense, and would also greatly annoy me.

Varun

Staff
If true, it would be really sad to see. Weigl would suit their system perfectly and would sort out their midfield.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I could see Dortmund being open to a sale as well.

HankHill

Supports
Ewe Night Tid.
I keep telling myself that they can't sign everyone, yet...

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Many German league watchers tell me that he hasn't been that great and quite overrated.

Nero

Many German league watchers tell me that he hasn't been that great and quite overrated.
Don't let that get in the way of people losing their shit like usual whenever City get linked with a player.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
If true, it would be really sad to see. Weigl would suit their system perfectly and would sort out their midfield.
Weigl is not ready yet and will need one or two years. Pep would obviously be a great coach for him.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
He hasn't been great but he is by no means overrated, he was fantastic under Tuchel's possession based system and wasn't able to adapt to Bosz's more fast paced system; he's getting more starts now with Stoger. He can certainly work in Pep's City team, though he is very different from Fernandinho who is more aggressive and quicker than Weigl, while Weigl is better in possession.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Bosz simply didn’t have his position in his team. That’s about it. He fits perfectly into City.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He hasn't been great but he is by no means overrated, he was fantastic under Tuchel's possession based system and wasn't able to adapt to Bosz's more fast paced system; he's getting more starts now with Stoger. He can certainly work in Pep's City team, though he is very different from Fernandinho who is more aggressive and quicker than Weigl, while Weigl is better in possession.
Actually he's been benched for the past three matches under Stöger.

Zlatattack

Bump.

Today's rumours are that Arsenal are interested in him. Considering Matic is showing signs of decline, perhaps Weigl us someone we could consider?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Bump.

Today's rumours are that Arsenal are interested in him. Considering Matic is showing signs of decline, perhaps Weigl us someone we could consider?
How has he being doing for Dortmund? Would take Ruben Neves if he impresses for Wolves though.

Red_toad

Bump.

Lad has 1 appearance this season. So does that make Matic less in decline? If he's not getting games for BD he's certainly not going to get a chance here. Hasn't had a pre-season and hasn't really stepped up from his early promise

Ekeke

Lad has 1 appearance this season. So does that make Matic less in decline? If he's not getting games for BD he's certainly not going to get a chance here. Hasn't had a pre-season and hasn't really stepped up from his early promise
I'm not sure thats true. Dortmund are top of the league, we're 8th. Getting a game for Dortmund right now is far more of an accomplishment than getting a game for us

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
He really needs to up his performance to gain the same acclaim he was getting under Tuchel, he has really struggled since Tuchel left. Under Bosz it was understandable due to Bosz's crazy tactics, but he wasn't getting consistent game time under Stoger and now with Favre as well. When Favre did play him, against Bayern, he looked poor and was rightfully replaced at half-time with Dahoud, who's performance was one of the sparks of Dortmund's comeback.

I don't think any big team will be looking at him, neither should Weigl think of leaving. He needs to cement his place back in the Dortmund lineup before that, and gain some confidence.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
A bit unfortunate that two of the brightest midfield prospects from a couple years ago in Paredes and Weigl have stagnated or regressed instead of making great strides in their growth — especially in contrast with the likes of Bentancur, De Jong, Neves and Rodri — who've come up leaps and bounds in the same period. Even back in the day there was some skepticism regarding Weigl because he wasn't that explosive while beating the press and had a fairly specialized (and slightly conservative) role under Tuchel — though it was largely dismissed because of how effective and intelligent he was at a very young age, and how simple he made things seen. As things stand, he needs to either reclaim his starting spot at Dortmund or hope Tuchel prioritizes him at Paris Saint-Germain as the holder behind Verratti. For United, you could argue that Tonali would be a better signing, even though he's only 18 years old and less developed than Weigl — would be a gamble no doubt but reckon he has a higher ceiling as a more adventurous regista.

United Pro

A bit unfortunate that two of the brightest midfield prospects from a couple years ago in Paredes and Weigl have stagnated or regressed instead of making great strides in their growth — especially in contrast with the likes of Bentancur, De Jong, Neves and Rodri — who've come up leaps and bounds in the same period. Even back in the day there was some skepticism regarding Weigl because he wasn't that explosive while beating the press and had a fairly specialized (and slightly conservative) role under Tuchel — though it was largely dismissed because of how effective and intelligent he was at a very young age, and how simple he made things seen. As things stand, he needs to either reclaim his starting spot at Dortmund or hope Tuchel prioritizes him at Paris Saint-Germain as the holder behind Verratti. For United, you could argue that Tonali would be a better signing, even though he's only 18 years old and less developed than Weigl — would be a gamble no doubt but reckon he has a higher ceiling as a more adventurous regista.
Tonali is one that we should be watching to see his progression over the next 12 months as he's currently quite raw and is still yet to play in Seria A.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He looks really good. It would be nice if we could rotate him with Matic, so Matic actually gets a rest and he could get used to the prem. That being said, even if it’s not Tonali it’s the right profile.