Film Jurassic World Dominion

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
fecking trailer has been released

Sorry to burst everyones bubbles but this looks like utter shit;

1) Chris Pratt sticking his hand out a lot to tame dinosaurs for the third time in a row, with a cast that has all of the charisma of a dead goat.
2) The story just looks so distractingly stupid. Nobody thought it was a good idea to release all of the dinosaurs at the end of the second movie. Nobody. But, hell, they're running with it in this new movie anyway to bring us a weak referential narrative about humans destroying the planet or something.
3) OMG NOSTALGIA LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE FROM THE OLDER MOVIES just keep watching them and whooping so you don't notice that there's feck all story.
4) There's absolutely no real world situation where the main cast wouldn't have been arrested for the deaths of at least thousands of people, because there's no way that these dinosaurs haven't run about killing folk.

I demand realism from my dinosaur mo- oh, wait. Maybe I'm thinking about it too much.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm surprised you even watched the second, or however many there are. They ruined the franchise rebooting it. There's no threat from the dinosaurs, loads of product placement and shit characters.

miah

Baby Blue! There goes my $ towards a baby raptor figurine toy to match his Blue raptor for my nephew.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
omg baby raptor!!
Baby Blue! There goes my $ towards a baby raptor figurine toy to match his Blue raptor for my nephew.
:lol: :lol:

I'm surprised you even watched the second, or however many there are. They ruined the franchise rebooting it. There's no threat from the dinosaurs, loads of product placement and shit characters.
It wasn't my idea to watch the second one. I was just told that I was watching it. Might be time for a divorce.

The original story was so beautiful. Genetic engineering and corporate greed gone too far, the moral dilemmas that caused.

The original had such amazing storyline with equally well executed direction. So many tense, scary and classic moments.

I actually enjoyed the latest Jurassic World (not fallen Kingdom), I felt it had an entertaining and plausible story line even though it copied the original.

This looks like an absolute abomination of a movie, a ruthless cash grab. What a waste of bringing back these amazing actors, I won’t be watching.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just actually watched the trailer :lol: fecking hell why does everything good turn to complete sell-out shite.

The chase on the motorbike through the city :lol: What even.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
The original was so good. Watched it again recently and it’s still amazing. It’s almost impressive how bad they’ve managed to do every one of the sequals. And Pratt’s character..

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Feel like they're one film away from having Chris Pratt fight a T-Rex in hand to hand combat.

miah

I have to watch it though. Its the only way to appeal to my 6yo nephew better side.

Hated the second sequences. Opening the door scene and releasing all those dino at the end blows my mind away. This trailer looks okay at least, interesting about the Baby. Hope they forcus more about the interaction and dynamics between blue, the baby and the leads. Didn't like the jet scene though.

Just how many people died just by looking athe chaotic scenes. Reckon millions.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Feel like they're one film away from having Chris Pratt fight a T-Rex in hand to hand combat.
After he does the hand-out thing, rides a bike with velociraptors by his side, and says "no really, I am the Alpha. Honest."

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
These are guilty pleasures of mine. Pratts character is the typical bland hero, its nothing new, interesting or fun. But I actually don't mind the storyline they've taken with the recent films as it honestly feels pretty plausible when you're thinking of a film that has dinosaurs in it. A new theme park is made in an attempt to make a profit out of dinosaurs (plausible), the same dinosaurs get taken off the island during a biological disaster (again plausible), these same dinosaurs are then sold off to the highest bidder in an attempt to make some money (I think that was the plot of Fallen Kingdom).

The thought of dinosaurs roaming the modern world causing chaos is a little daft as surely modern forces would just wipe them all out immediately. Obviously we don't know the full storyline of Dominion, but the previous two installments were fun. I was hoping the film would be set in a dinosaurs have ruined the world style setting. That would be a bit more fun than just extending the Lost World finale into a full film, but maybe it'll turn out ok.

I remember one concept for the 2nd film was having a dinosaur mixed with human dna. We narrowly avoided a massive stinker of a franchise so be grateful this is what we're getting. :lol:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
These new Jurassic sequels are terrible. I mean, the older ones weren't great but were still mildly entertaining. I watched Jurassic World in the cinema and was bored off my tits.

I can't believe (or maybe I can) how much money that movie made. Mental.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

The movie will be shittier than the last. But at least I get to post this again. It’s brilliant.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I do love the line in the trailer that goes something like "why do they keep getting bigger?".

Because you have nothing interesting to give the viewer other than big shouty things or explosions, you fecking hacks.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
1:38 - 1:44 and the motorbike scene :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is this what Jurassic Park has come to.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Oh my god I've been looking for this video for years. You star.
Its great hey? I watch it once every year I reckon.

If I had my time again, I reckon I’d have gone to film school. Even if I didn’t enter the industry it would just be great to be able to have learned the craft of film making for 4 years.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Looks shite but I will will probably watch it :(
That’s the worst part. I will too.

However, they could make a cheaper movie, with dinosaurs that looks better, with a better plot….. and people could enjoy the thing that they watch.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Its great hey? I watch it once every year I reckon.

If I had my time again, I reckon I’d have gone to film school. Even if I didn’t enter the industry it would just be great to be able to have learned the craft of film making for 4 years.
The amount of times I've googled 'man giving presentation about jurassic park' and got feck all. :lol: It was my white whale of sorts.

It is a great video. Perfectly demonstrates my issue with the films at a level more nuanced than 'ugh CGI bland character and dumb moments'.

Zen86

Everything that came after the first hour or so of Lost World has been terrible.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
There's a scene in Jurassic World where they notice the make believe dinosaur they made up is nowhere to be seen in its enclosure, and need to locate it using its tracking device.

Then, instead of phoning the control room to look up the location of the tracking device, the woman decides to get in her car and drive back to the control room to ask them, WHILE phoning the control room anyway. Meanwhile Pratt and some fat guy then go INTO the enclosure to look for the dinosaur, despite this being a completely useless thing to do since either it isn't there, or is and will eat them.

This is when the new films first reached their point of no return. There is nothing this stupid in the original Jurassic Park, which is by no means a smart film. When the behaviour of the characters in the film and story telling in general is less believable and more nonsensical than the concept of dinosaurs existing, you've got problems.

When the raptor called Alan Grant "Alan" in his dream is another example of when they should have realised the concept had descended into the film version of complete gibberish and called it a day.

UnrelatedPsuedo

The amount of times I've googled 'man giving presentation about jurassic park' and got feck all. :lol: It was my white whale of sorts.

It is a great video. Perfectly demonstrates my issue with the films at a level more nuanced than 'ugh CGI bland character and dumb moments'.
I know what you mean. Eric Cantona on Andy’s Grays boot room is mine. I saw it live on Sky in 1994-1996. It exists. I am yet to find it. I search every now and again. Always disappointed.

littlepeasoup

Jurassic Park 3 > Any of the Jurassic World films
It’s not exactly a low bar, but all this cashing in on nostalgia is getting really bloody annoying.

Smores

Jurassic Park 3 > Any of the Jurassic World films
It’s not exactly a low bar, but all this cashing in on nostalgia is getting really bloody annoying.
No way Jurrasic Park 3 is absolutely awful. The first reboot was an okay movie,wouldn't go any further than that but it wasn't awful.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
There was only 6 minutes of CGI in the original Jurassic Park (still effectively holds up, much like Verhoeven's Starship Troopers) and now that seems to be all they're about now.

Just big, loud, CGI-fests with a narrative that you could fit onto the box of a cereal.

Oh well.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
The moment the raptors could be trained like a fecking pet dog is the moment this series died.

Those raptors from the original scared the prepubesent balls off me they were ruthless killing machines, then they essentially became border collies overnight.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The series died when a girl did a gymnastic kick to a velociraptors face.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
This whole thread is somewhat ruining my conception that millennials who grew up with this, rather than Star Wars or Ghostbusters like their previous generation’s impressionable stunted man-children, have somehow avoided becoming the same kind of weird angry toxic adult fanbase that cares what affect 20 year later nostalgia cash in sequels have on their sacred childhood memories…. Though in fairness at least no one has complained about the diversity, or the women, or the wrong kind of made up trans dinosaurs (they were always trans guys!! Get over it!!)

Personally speaking, It undoubtedly looks incredibly stupid, and nothing like a Jurassic Park film at all, and I for one am very excited about going to see it in IMAX and then never thinking about it again..

(though my one genuine concern is that the CGI looks really ropey at exactly the point where the ghost of Dicky Attenborough says “something real!”… which is unfortunate)

Last edited:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
This whole thread is somewhat ruining my conception that millennials who grew up with this, rather than Star Wars or Ghostbusters like their previous generation’s impressionable stunted man-children, have somehow avoided becoming the same kind of weird angry toxic adult fanbase that cares what affect 20 year later nostalgia cash in sequels have on their sacred childhood memories…. Though in fairness at least no one has complained about the diversity, or the women, or the wrong kind of made up trans dinosaurs (they were always trans guys!! Get over it!!)

Personally speaking, It undoubtedly looks incredibly stupid, and nothing like a Jurassic Park film at all, and I for one am very excited about going to see it in IMAX and then never thinking about it again..
Oh hey everyone look mockneys here to act all mockney about a topic like he always does.

My problem is that it doesn't look very good. If you see that as toxic then I'm sure there's a room full of people who will applaud your altruism elsewhere. Actually I secretly hate the fish dinosaur agenda

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Oh hey everyone look mockneys here to act all mockney about a topic like he always does.

My problem is that it doesn't look very good. If you see that as toxic then I'm sure there's a room full of people who will applaud your altruism elsewhere. Actually I secretly hate the fish dinosaur agenda
Admit it. You just hate the feathers. You hate the change the feathers represent. I for one will not stand for your anti-feather agenda. 21st Century Jurassic Park is feathers4life. Fish with feathers. Raptors with feathers. Chris Pratt with feathers. This is the future. Deal with it!

Ish

Lights on for Luke
fecking trailer has been released

Sorry to burst everyones bubbles but this looks like utter shit;

1) Chris Pratt sticking his hand out a lot to tame dinosaurs for the third time in a row, with a cast that has all of the charisma of a dead goat.
2) The story just looks so distractingly stupid. Nobody thought it was a good idea to release all of the dinosaurs at the end of the second movie. Nobody. But, hell, they're running with it in this new movie anyway to bring us a weak referential narrative about humans destroying the planet or something.
3) OMG NOSTALGIA LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE FROM THE OLDER MOVIES just keep watching them and whooping so you don't notice that there's feck all story.
4) There's absolutely no real world situation where the main cast wouldn't have been arrested for the deaths of at least thousands of people, because there's no way that these dinosaurs haven't run about killing folk.

I demand realism from my dinosaur mo- oh, wait. Maybe I'm thinking about it too much.
:lol: but did you manage to catch a glimpse of that cool flying pigeonsaur at the end? June 10. I'm in :drool: