Film Jurassic World Dominion

diarm

Feel like they're one film away from having Chris Pratt fight a T-Rex in hand to hand combat.
Not one film away. It happens in this film.

Just before the red haired one tasers the big T Rex yoke in the eye, Pratt punches it in the head 3 or 4 times.

I feel like I might need to buy a new tv. Because every time I watch it from now on, I'm going to remember that I saw this film on it.

Reiver

Probably going to regret saying this but: I didn't think it was that bad.
I would say that Blues Brothers 2000 is the worst film I've seen at the cinema and didn't think Dominion was anywhere near as bad.

Big Andy

Bloke
I've spent the last 20 odd years happily knowing The Happening was the worst film I have ever and would ever see.

We're 20 minutes into this and I'm beginning to suspect Walberg might have competition.
The Happening, where ironically, nothing much happened at all other than "wind"

Meller

It gets better? Or just the years have dulled exactly how bad that movie was?
It's a Wahlberg quote from The Happening when a lady in a house asks if they're going to rape her.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
I've spent the last 20 odd years happily knowing The Happening was the worst film I have ever and would ever see.

We're 20 minutes into this and I'm beginning to suspect Walberg might have competition.
I’d happily watch the happening over this piece of shit again.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Not one film away. It happens in this film.

Just before the red haired one tasers the big T Rex yoke in the eye, Pratt punches it in the head 3 or 4 times.

I feel like I might need to buy a new tv. Because every time I watch it from now on, I'm going to remember that I saw this film on it.
You didn't see it because its a giganotosaurus..

gza the genius

I wish they would've just skipped over the first hour. It was pretty horrible overall but I still loved it. They couldn't make a Jurassic Park that I wouldn't love.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Yea I love dinosaurs and nostalgia. The first film did all the ethics and bullshit chaos theory, I enjoyed this film. Had loads of other movie references however, for me - indiana Jones, taken, James bond (espionage shit) and star wars dagobah jungle scene, complete with music.
Plagiarism? fine. But fun, plus with cool dinos like dimetridon for eg.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
What we’re the dinosaurs that were found at the lumber yard (?) that Maisie found when she went beyond the bridge at the start of the film?

Maybe I’m horrifically sentimental but that scene left me with a tear in the eye, especially when the send came out from under the snow, the music to is (Upsy-Maisie) was just beautiful.
Dreadnotosauras I believe. The big sauropods have always been awe inspiring to me. That scene got me also. The first film with the brachiasour still brings tears to my eye and I'm more than proud to admit it.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Only watched this thr other night. Its....not as astoundingly awful as I was expecting?

Maybe it's because my expectations were lowered so much by the last installment, but I actually kind of enjoyed it.

It was vaguely coherent and sort of entertaining for some reason...I mean that's the best I can say for it, but this instantly puts it above Fallen Kingdom and about half the modern day big budget action movies.

Andy_Cole

Only watched this thr other night. Its....not as astoundingly awful as I was expecting?

Maybe it's because my expectations were lowered so much by the last installment, but I actually kind of enjoyed it.

It was vaguely coherent and sort of entertaining for some reason...I mean that's the best I can say for it, but this instantly puts it above Fallen Kingdom and about half the modern day big budget action movies.
Yeh it was a chilled dinosaur flick. Think people were expecting a lot. I enjoyed it.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
The problem is most blockbuster action films now are a solid 0/10. This one maybe scrapes up to a 3/10 which makes it a masterpiece in comparison to Fallen Kingdom, Independence Day 2, the 15 odd transformers movies and whatever that film was where the moon crashes into the earth.

I mean it's meaningless empty drivel that feels like someone's accidentally deleted half the scenes despite being about a day long, but I dunno, at least every character wasn't some in your face, infuriatingly stupid twat who you hope gets eaten, no baffling dinosaur raffle auction this time inside some old man's living room. It's a pretty low bar to aim above these days for sure but it's impressive how many films still try to shoot below it. This one just sort of grazed the top of it, maybe.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I think it’s much worse than Fallen Kingdom, by virtue of being not nearly as stupid.

I mean the whole point of this film was “DINOSAURS ARE IN THE WORLD NOW!!!” and they do that for exactly one proper scene, before they all immediately all go and meet up at a massive nature reserve/park with some labs underneath, making it completely indistinguishable from all the other films and nixing their own selling point, but it’s okay cos we’ve got the original cast back to… not do anything to do with dinosaurs!!

Give me weird haunted house bullshit with mutant dinos anyday

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The problem is most blockbuster action films now are a solid 0/10. This one maybe scrapes up to a 3/10 which makes it a masterpiece in comparison to Fallen Kingdom, Independence Day 2, the 15 odd transformers movies and whatever that film was where the moon crashes into the earth.

I mean it's meaningless empty drivel that feels like someone's accidentally deleted half the scenes despite being about a day long, but I dunno, at least every character wasn't some in your face, infuriatingly stupid twat who you hope gets eaten, no baffling dinosaur raffle auction this time inside some old man's living room. It's a pretty low bar to aim above these days for sure but it's impressive how many films still try to shoot below it. This one just sort of grazed the top of it, maybe.
Wait this exists?