Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
If last night was them being 'back' we're in for an hilarious rest of the season.

A bit more energy and playing a strangely unmotivated opponent they still needed a wonder strike with poor keeping to win.

LordSpud

The fact that hes still playing James fecking Milner tells you all you need to know. He needs a new job.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Like all managers, he doesn't look so great when he doesn't have the best players anymore.

Liverpool’s recruitment has been at least as big a factor in their recent success as Klopp, but it's getting harder to find bargains in the market like they did.
Not much has changed from when I said this.

They struck gold with recruitment for a few years and Klopp got all the credit. Other teams have caught up on the scouting side and it's harder to get a new Salah or Mane on the cheap like they did.

AshRK

Their football looks average. Yes, injuries are there but still even their better players like Salah TAA Thiago look average. And then you have dud signings like Nunez. Things aren't looking that good.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Hadn’t watched them properly in a while, was a bit surprised how poor they looked. They’ve no creativity in the centre, totally reliant on early crosses into the box causing enough havoc to open up opportunities. That’s pretty much their game plan, and it doesn’t really work against a solid defense, although Salah still looks capable of taking the odd half-chance and Nunez I suspect will improve at hoovering the loose balls that fall his way in the box. But they look like they need serious recruitment if they’re gonna get back into the top 4 next season.

TheLiverBird

Personally I think the problem isn’t as bad as made out

We look very poor right now of course, but our strength has been from our midfield engine with the insane pressing we used too do

that has gone and unfortunately that has an effect on everything from defence too our attack, we just need imo a revitalised midfield with legs and of course players with the creative ability, and we should be able to kick on again imo

Our loss of intensity from the middle which drives our game is what is making our attackers look poor and defence so so

The issues aren’t all over, fix the midfield, job done

(I hope)

TheReligion

Abusive

We look very poor right now of course, but our strength has been from our midfield engine with the insane pressing we used too do

that has gone and unfortunately that has an effect on everything from defence too our attack, we just need imo a revitalised midfield with legs and of course players with the creative ability, and we should be able to kick on again imo

Our loss of intensity from the middle which drives our game is what is making our attackers look poor and defence so so

(I hope)
I think the only question I can’t understand the answer to is why this has been allowed to happen? Money has been there and it’s not been spent on the right things.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
There turning out a bit like how we was really. Failing to address the midfield. It’s exactly the area we’ve abandoned for years.

phelans shorts

(I hope)
That’s a very large job though. By the time it’s finished Salah and Van Dijk will be another few years older and then they’ll need replacing, which will possibly be even more difficult than replacing the entire midfield already is

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Was there a need to have a dig at Wenger losing his 1000th game 6-0? Classless.

erikcred

(I hope)
You seem to be missing one glaring issue. Klopp. Are you satisfied with his performance this season?

Even last season was petering off to nowhere until you were forced into signing Diaz and he was the spark that took you on that quadruple chase.

The season before that he decided to play midfielders as defenders resulting in a makeshift midfield and defense when he could have played only a makeshift defense and tried to outscore teams.

Klopp's not been that good (2016-2019 level) for a while. He's got a load of credit in the bank as he won the league and brought back excitement to your stadium. But now it seems like even the latter is pretty much gone.

TheLiverBird

I think the only question I can’t understand the answer to is why this has been allowed to happen? Money has been there and it’s not been spent on the right things.
This is something that has also baffled me too be honest

Curtis Jones and H Elliot are promising youngsters, but in order to keep up at this level, you can’t sit around waiting for players like these to make the next big step to main starters

1-2-3 years is a long time too stand still

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Even the best fans in the world creating the best atmosphere ever seen have deserted him.

Posh Red

Someone on reddit made it based on stats from fbref.
Nice work. Many Liverpool fans, both those I know, and in the media, seem to be burying their heads in the sand. I’ve noticed a lot the pundits still seem confident that the current run of form is just a momentary blip, and any day now they’ll return to the levels they set in previous seasons.

It’s now halfway into the season, and they’ve looked off it since the very first day. It will be interesting to see how they fair when a few of their players return from injury.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Even the best fans in the world creating the best atmosphere ever seen have deserted him.
As funny as it would be, there's no way they're having more empty seats than City.

Fbref has the attendance being 52k or more out of 54k for every home league game, even though the overall average says 48k. Probably just something like one game being recorded as zero attendance in the data or whatever.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Someone on reddit made it based on stats from fbref.
I'm sorry, but this is bollocks.

Fbref's attendance stats are questionable at best. I have no idea what they actually base them on, but they're clearly questionable (to say the least).

There's no way Liverpool have more empty seats than City on average - as in: no chance whatsoever.

They fill up Anfield (of course they do, they did so well before Klopp and the recent success).

The actual percentage (see: your table above) would be much higher than 88.5% by any metric.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I'm sorry, but this is bollocks.

Fbref's attendance stats are questionable at best. I have no idea what they actually base them on, but they're clearly questionable (to say the least).

There's no way Liverpool have more empty seats than City on average - as in: no chance whatsoever.

They fill up Anfield (of course they do, they did so well before Klopp and the recent success).

The actual percentage (see: your table above) would be much higher than 88.5% by any metric.
Yeah, that sounds like bullshit to me. It became so nigh on impossible to get tickets through the official sales a few years ago that they had to change it into a ballot ticketing system (which only gets you one or two games at best if you haven't attended enough games the previous season). Every time I've been it's been packed, you basically don't see any empty seats at all. <90% is certainly false.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
I admit his voice bores me to tears sometimes so I stopped listening about halfway through but is he really complaining about fixture schedules?

Between the Chelsea game last week and the Newcastle game on the 18th they literally have five matches in a four-week period. What on earth is he moaning about?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I admit his voice bores me to tears sometimes so I stopped listening about halfway through but is he really complaining about fixture schedules?

Between the Chelsea game last week and the Newcastle game on the 18th they literally have five matches in a four-week period. What on earth is he moaning about?
This reply :lol:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
This is the sort of thing Fergie might have moaned about to journos too.

(Yes, it actually is.)

More importantly, though - is he getting seriously thin on top? I mean, he hardly has a grand head of hair, or what? I would call it pretty...thin. Not even thinning but...thin. As feck.

What could this mean?

There are several possible interpretations:

a) He is losing hair as a result of being under pressure

b) He's just getting older

c) He's getting even better at what he's doing, i.e. the "only bald men know their football" theory, in which case this is the first stage of him turning into some kind of tactical/managerial god who will make Liverpool win the next 100 leagues regardless of what players he has at his disposal.

BerryBerryShrew

This is the sort of thing Fergie might have moaned about to journos too.

(Yes, it actually is.)

More importantly, though - is he getting seriously thin on top? I mean, he hardly has a grand head of hair, or what? I would call it pretty...thin. Not even thinning but...thin. As feck.

What could this mean?

There are several possible interpretations:

a) He is losing hair as a result of being under pressure

b) He's just getting older

c) He's getting even better at what he's doing, i.e. the "only bald men know their football" theory, in which case this is the first stage of him turning into some kind of tactical/managerial god who will make Liverpool win the next 100 leagues regardless of what players he has at his disposal.
He already had a hair transplant too. I'd assume living in Liverpool would make any dude lose hair though. Constantly worried that your hubcaps are getting nicked and all that.