Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

CM

Klopp doesn't look capable of motivating his team at the moment. Granted, they've got some injuries, but they've been outplayed in almost every game since Christmas.

The last few minutes of the game summed them up. Liverpool looked desperate, escaped 3 potential red card incidents and still went on to lose the game. No part of that team functioning well - it's hard to see how you can turn that around without spending big.

Elcabron

It's not like he'll struggle to find another job, he could potentially get more money somewhere else.

I wonder if he fancies managing a club with real financial backing like Real Madrid. He seems to be really frustrated with all the spending by other clubs, and maybe it's time for him to manage clubs like Real or Bayern where he can go for everything year in year out.

Anyway, I think he might wait to see what the new club owners will be like.
Or has football moved on? His teams press and pres hard, that's about it tactically with him. I think the game is moving beyond just pressing but tactically he isn't.....just a theory.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He may be able to turn it around but I can’t think of a Premier League-winning manager who has even been given the opportunity to turn things around from mid-table and such feeble performances.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’m not sure why people are so baffled at him getting a free ride. He’s definitely earned it with them and they won’t attract anyone better and anyone they do attract will have the same tools to work with.

TheRedHearted

He sounds like he dropped a couple of E's as soon as the full whistle went and they are just starting to kick in.
I was expecting him to say at the end “plz just let us vin vone game, i know it’s weird asking but maybe wolvez just let a couple goalzz in pleazz ? Too much to ask i tsink nott”

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I’m not sure why people are so baffled at him getting a free ride. He’s definitely earned it with them and they won’t attract anyone better and anyone they do attract will have the same tools to work with.
Think if there after a change then it would most likely be at the end of the season where they can approach anyone and pay a compensation fee for someone. I think spalletti from Napoli would go there and suit their style of play.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Think if there after a change then it would most likely be at the end of the season where they can approach anyone and pay a compensation fee for someone. I think spalletti from Napoli would go there and suit their style of play.
Do they even suit their style anymore?

Reddevildans

Hes not going anywhere. Even with no ucl and a trophyless season he will choose to stay and the board won't sack him due to the success he's had winning the league and ucl. Let's no forget he's reached 3 champions league finals plus numerous other finals. He should have achieved more in hindsight but he's been against a financial juggernaut and one of the best managers in the modern era in pep.

I previously thought united would never win the league until pep and klopp leave but arsenal and potentially Eric ten hag are putting that to the test. He's still a top coach. Liverpool have had major long term injuries in attack that hasn't helped. But I think they're sorted for the next few years in defence and attack. Thier midfield needs major surgery though. I do hope they fail miserably!

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Probably unpopular but I have a lot of sympathy for the cnut with the way he has been essentially hung out to dry by the owners in midfield terms. It's hilarious poor for a club of Liverpool's standard. He should feck off for his own sake and take a job where he will be backed further. Seems a waste for him at this point.

I wonder how low they could finish this year.

crossy1686

career ending
Probably unpopular but I have a lot of sympathy for the cnut with the way he has been essentially hung out to dry by the owners in midfield terms. It's hilarious poor for a club of Liverpool's standard. He should feck off for his own sake and take a job where he will be backed further. Seems a waste for him at this point.

I wonder how low they could finish this year.
18th would be awesome.

mctrials23

Or has football moved on? His teams press and pres hard, that's about it tactically with him. I think the game is moving beyond just pressing but tactically he isn't.....just a theory.
No, football hasn't moved on. All the best team press hard. His issue is that his team has slowly deteriorated and the style of football Liverpool want to play requires a high level of technical execution and application and they haven't got that anymore. Its a bit like a house of cards.

He has full backs who are pretty poor defenders so he needs to make sure they are mainly being used to attack. When the team isn't relentlessly winning the ball back up the pitch they have to defend. When they defend they are not good at it and they also aren't contributing to the attack as much.

Their midfield is ageing and has lost some of its energy and bite. Fabinho isn't the player he was, they miss Wjinaldum and Milner/Henderson aren't the force they once were and are becoming injury prone. They no longer dominate the midfield and again, teams are playing through them and not getting pinned back in their own half as much.

The forward line has lost Mane and replaced him with a pale imitation of the guy. Firmino has been in and out of the team for a while now but at his peak was brilliant for them. Diaz looks good but still not Mane and hes been injured. Jota is decent but again, injured a fair bit. Nunez is struggling to find the goal despite a lot of good work. So far Gakpo looks a bit lost.

Salah is off the boil and the lack of threat from Liverpool means that teams know that shutting down Salah will kill a lot of Liverpools threat. Previously Mane and a host of other players would score if you put too many resources on Salah. Thats no longer the case.

Its a mess of injuries, players getting older, players falling out of form and the general quality of replacements for outgoing players dropping.

Liverpool need to spend big next window but they have made the mistake of leaving it too late and they almost certainly won't have even Europa league at this rate. They probably need 2 CMs and a top class forward which they won't get because they have so many already.

BorisManUtd

Think any talk of Klopp actually getting sacked is premature. He won 4 trophies there, including PL and CL, had amazing league seasons in 2019 and 2022, basically except for 2020/21 season (and this one) every other season was either a success or improvement.

As poor as Liverpool are atm, getting knocked out of cups that they won last season isn't that important imo. Their chances for top 4 are far from dead if they improve and even Real don't look unbeatable right now. But it's all big IFs of course.

No matter what happens until the end of the season, can't see Klopp getting the sack. Think he'll walk away himself next season if they continue to struggle.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Think any talk of Klopp actually getting sacked is premature. He won 4 trophies there, including PL and CL, had amazing league seasons in 2019 and 2022, basically except for 2020/21 season (and this one) every other season was either a success or improvement.

As poor as Liverpool are atm, getting knocked out of cups that they won last season isn't that important imo. Their chances for top 4 are far from dead if they improve and even Real don't look unbeatable right now. But it's all big IFs of course.

No matter what happens until the end of the season, can't see Klopp getting the sack. Think he'll walk away himself next season if they continue to struggle.
If he doesn't get top 4 or win the CL I think he'll walk away, especially if he doesn't get big funds to spend, Liverpool need more in midfield than we do!

Elcabron

No, football hasn't moved on. All the best team press hard. His issue is that his team has slowly deteriorated and the style of football Liverpool want to play requires a high level of technical execution and application and they haven't got that anymore. Its a bit like a house of cards.

He has full backs who are pretty poor defenders so he needs to make sure they are mainly being used to attack. When the team isn't relentlessly winning the ball back up the pitch they have to defend. When they defend they are not good at it and they also aren't contributing to the attack as much.

Their midfield is ageing and has lost some of its energy and bite. Fabinho isn't the player he was, they miss Wjinaldum and Milner/Henderson aren't the force they once were and are becoming injury prone. They no longer dominate the midfield and again, teams are playing through them and not getting pinned back in their own half as much.

The forward line has lost Mane and replaced him with a pale imitation of the guy. Firmino has been in and out of the team for a while now but at his peak was brilliant for them. Diaz looks good but still not Mane and hes been injured. Jota is decent but again, injured a fair bit. Nunez is struggling to find the goal despite a lot of good work. So far Gakpo looks a bit lost.

Salah is off the boil and the lack of threat from Liverpool means that teams know that shutting down Salah will kill a lot of Liverpools threat. Previously Mane and a host of other players would score if you put too many resources on Salah. Thats no longer the case.

Its a mess of injuries, players getting older, players falling out of form and the general quality of replacements for outgoing players dropping.

Liverpool need to spend big next window but they have made the mistake of leaving it too late and they almost certainly won't have even Europa league at this rate. They probably need 2 CMs and a top class forward which they won't get because they have so many already.
I agree with all of that except the bolded part. They play modern day kick and rush football, sort of like Jack Charlton long ball football from 1990 just a bit fancier. Boot it forward quickly, put em under pressure, force the error and score from it. That's his tactical blue print in a nutshell. Yes all the best teams press but that's just part of it with City, Arteta at Arsenal and ETH at Ajax but I'd argue not with Klopp at Liverpool and he hasn't evolved.

BorisManUtd

If he doesn't get top 4 or win the CL I think he'll walk away, especially if he doesn't get big funds to spend, Liverpool need more in midfield than we do!
It'll all probably depend on that. And you'd expect the club to be wise enough to give him funds, it's not like there's better manager out there they could go for.

Joel Miller

His job must be at risk now surely? They’re having a terrible season. His good guy mask really slips when they’re not playing well too.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
His job must be at risk now surely? They’re having a terrible season. His good guy mask really slips when they’re not playing well too.
Not a chance. This man won Liverpool the PL after 30 years, a CL, FA cup, league cup. He's their messiah, he could get the relegated and I still think he's job would be safe.

Ladron de redcafe

Not a chance. This man won Liverpool the PL after 30 years, a CL, FA cup, league cup. He's their messiah, he could get the relegated and I still think he's job would be safe.
I think he has some leeway as well. But they're not playing well and if you lose the players (IF in fact that's what has happened) it's easier to change the manager than overhaul the squad.

Loon

:lol:
I cannot see him being fired. They're a mess, but he deserves the chance to fix it (I hope he fails).

True test of a manager is when things aren't going well. You see the real person come through.

OrcaFat

This is interesting to me.

I haven’t kept count but you say he won four trophies - in how many years? One prem and one UCL, yes, but some dodgy spells in there and, even though looking impressive a lot of the time, I think the trophy haul is not a great return.

Better than us in the same period, but I’m honestly wondering if his record would be good enough here. I think he’d be under huge pressure by now if he was at Utd. I would expect rumours of “sacked if he loses next game” to be surfacing all over the place. Media loves him; bloke’s bloke; pedigree; Utd doesn’t give a shit about such things.

Brophs

The One and Only
Sense.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Better than us in the same period, but I’m honestly wondering if his record would be good enough here. I think he’d be under huge pressure by now if he was at Utd. I would expect rumours of “sacked if he loses next game” to be surfacing all over the place. Media loves him; bloke’s bloke; pedigree; Utd doesn’t give a shit about such things.
At a club like Liverpool winning the league is such an amazing and unexpected achievement that it buys a lot more time than winning the league at a big club like United.
That league and CL win will buy him another year after this probably

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
This is interesting to me.

I haven’t kept count but you say he won four trophies - in how many years? One prem and one UCL, yes, but some dodgy spells in there and, even though looking impressive a lot of the time, I think the trophy haul is not a great return.

Given what's he's competing against it's not a bad return, the PL points totals Liverpool, got would have won the PL in any other year if it wasn't for an exceptional City side

OrcaFat

At a club like Liverpool winning the league is such an amazing and unexpected achievement that it buys a lot more time than winning the league at a big club like United.
That league and CL win will buy him another year after this probably
Yeah. I don’t think he’ll be sacked but I think he might have been sacked today if he was here. Maybe not but the expectation and pressure is definitely more here (Liv fans might disagree, I suppose).

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He is rambling like a madman

Add 3 stone, an ugly blue suit and mess his hair up and I'm watching Boris Johnson not apologise for giving the press pack's aunties a good dose of super gonorrhea the night before.