Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Abraxas

Should be getting banned for implying the referee is biased, as much as anything else he did. We really need to raise the respect shown to referees and improve the climate for them to do their job. The amount of abuse they take from fans, players and now managers and then we wonder why they struggle to perform. Who the feck would excel in those working conditions?

They need to come down hard on managers, it sets completely the wrong example to the players when they act like this.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Always thought he was a cnut even in his Dortmund days. His faux cheerful chappy charisma is thinly veneered unlike his tippex teeth.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
You can't not look. Him, Coutinho and Firmino surely went to the same dentist. Look ridiculous :lol:
Habs they ever been seen in the same room with all 108 teeth showing? I didn't think so. John Oliver should do a show on teerhsharing and joke about how a German and two Brazilians walk into a bar and the bartender hides their teeth.

BorisManUtd

Always thought he was a cnut even in his Dortmund days. His faux cheerful chappy charisma is thinly veneered unlike his tippex teeth.
Yeah. I liked him there because he won 2 titles and I didn't like Bayern much back then because of our 2010 CL exit vs them but even then I believe Klopp used to show similar behavior towards the referees.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Should be getting banned for implying the referee is biased, as much as anything else he did. We really need to raise the respect shown to referees and improve the climate for them to do their job. The amount of abuse they take from fans, players and now managers and then we wonder why they struggle to perform. Who the feck would excel in those working conditions?

They need to come down hard on managers, it sets completely the wrong example to the players when they act like this.
a lot of this comes after awful decisions to be fair. Some refs need to go on a refresher course. We’re seeing bad decisions week after week and even sometimes with the help of VAR. I get it’s a very tough job but some decisions are clear as day Light and they’re forever getting them wrong.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Clattenburg said he made decision in Spurs vs Chelsea game based on narrative and he didn't want to send off Spurs player. I'm assuming it's same with most refs, when that's the case they really shouldn't be expecting any respect from managers, players and even fans.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
While we await verdict on Klopp, here is a wonderful piece of consistency from the head of refs. These guys are not paid enough. :rolleyes:

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
Tierney's deffo a manc. We all knew it at Anfield the minute he decided to follow his idol ETH's hairstyling moves with the clean shaved look. No wonder he spends all his time being mean to Kloppo.

We need a proper investigation into this. This degree of corruption in the sport is unbearable.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Tierney's deffo a manc. We all knew it at Anfield the minute he decided to follow his idol ETH's hairstyling moves with the clean shaved look. No wonder he spends all his time being mean to Kloppo.

We need a proper investigation into this. This degree of corruption in the sport is unbearable.
:lol: fecking state of this post. Aye and Klopp is notorious for not being a whinging cnut

Halftrack

Clattenburg said he made decision in Spurs vs Chelsea game based on narrative and he didn't want to send off Spurs player. I'm assuming it's same with most refs, when that's the case they really shouldn't be expecting any respect from managers, players and even fans.
Seems unfair. Other refs shouldn't suffer because Clattenburg is/was a massive narsissist who wanted to be the star of football matches.
While we await verdict on Klopp, here is a wonderful piece of consistency from the head of refs. These guys are not paid enough. :rolleyes:

Correct decision not to send him off, purely because it winds you up.

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
:lol: fecking state of this post. Aye and Klopp is notorious for not being a whinging cnut
Kloppo is a nice, even, balanced, considered kind of guy. Not something I can say for tierney. I mean, how blatant is it when you visit your barber with a pic of ETH in your back pocket?

'Yup, I wanna look like him. Do me one of those hairstyles'.

'But sir he's a skinny fecker who lives for PT and broccoli and de jong and you look like you've had too many pies.'

'Don't you worry about that, just get out yer clippers ok?'

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Klopp is a cnut stop fecking lying to yourself like some red state cultist Trumper.
When did I say he wasn't? And it had nothing to do with what I just posted.

You just outed yourself as a Trump poster. :p

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He's one of those managers famously known to be mental so whenever he goes mental people think it's normal.

Abraxas

The game you're referring to is an aeon ago and Mark Clattenburg isn't even an active referee in the PL. How many managers and players have fecked something up, made a horrendous mistake in their jobs over that time? It seems to be that only a player and manager can show human fallibility and have it forgiven, usually with a slap on the wrist. Jurgen Klopp has been acting up for years!

As for the second part, I think the key word is assume. You're assuming they have agendas or narratives they are following and therefore they aren't due respect as human beings trying to do a job, which would be better done for the benefit of everybody if players and managers showed some humility.

roonster09

Scout
The game you're referring to is an aeon ago and Mark Clattenburg isn't even an active referee in the PL. How many managers and players have fecked something up, made a horrendous mistake in their jobs over that time? It seems to be that only a player and manager can show human fallibility and have it forgiven, usually with a slap on the wrist. Jurgen Klopp has been acting up for years!

As for the second part, I think the key word is assume. You're assuming they have agendas or narratives they are following and therefore they aren't due respect as human beings trying to do a job, which would be better done for the benefit of everybody if players and managers showed some humility.
Players, Managers get criticism for not doing their job properly, so why shouldn't refs get the criticism? It's not like they aren't getting the help. They get all necessary help and have around 10 people working to get decision right.

Anustart89

That's more than a mistake though, isn't it? That's blatantly ignoring your job for an entirely different purpose, which is out of order. Clattenburg merely admitted it, but it's still rife. How else could you explain that in the weeks after the Rashford/Bruno incident we had several big calls go against us, some of which were the most blatant pens you'll ever see? And how else can you explain that we got a bunch of penalties and as soon as Klopp mentioned our penalties they suddenly went away? How else can you explain how some players repeatedly get punished for the same offence that others get away with before and after, and often within a few days? Are the rules really at the top of the agenda then?

It's like a patient comes in to a doctor with a disease and the doctor says "Well I know the right treatment for this and it'll fix you up in no time, but I won't give it to you so we can see if your body self-implodes or not"

erikcred

Klopp is a cnut stop fecking lying to yourself like some red state cultist Trumper.
Wow, why so much aggression? He's absolutely right about the refs. And you're right about Klopp. He deserves at least 3-game touchline ban.

erikcred

Players, Managers get criticism for not doing their job properly, so why shouldn't refs get the criticism? It's not like they aren't getting the help. They get all necessary help and have around 10 people working to get decision right.
On the one hand, I feel like managers and players should be allowed to go "Oliver, what a shite performance. Robbed us of 3 points." to the press after the game.

However, with the amount of idiot fans that every club has, the last thing we want is someone like Klopp setting rabid fans after the ref.

Abraxas

What they need isn't help. It's less abuse from players and managers. You're talking about narratives, but we already have an in built narrative around refs. Which is to give them no respect, and this is not just in the PL, I've seen it at all levels.

There's already enough focus coming from stands, social media, and dissection of their performance by pundits. But I think they buy into that particular bargain when they become a referee. The climate is one of fixation on refs and has been for as long as I can remember, so I doubt they expect that to change and that's fair.

But when you continually turn up to work and you're taking abuse over minor decisions, nevermind the major ones from players, and you have clowns on the touchline making fools of themselves that are supposed to set an example to players and indeed to the grass roots, managers constantly lambasting them after games as a shield for their own inadequacy, then to me it's no surprise you have a very difficult scenario to work in. They're just punching bags that are expected to make near perfect decisions week in week out within a climate that I don't believe many humans would excel in.

The only difference between a rugby ref and a football ref is the idiocy within football. They're all fellas trying to do a job that are well trained.

Lecland07

I don't get how kicking someone in the head isn't dangerous. It is pretty much the most dangerous place you can kick someone. Yes, it isn't deliberate but it seems ridiculous that the rules seem to be so up for red carding people for studs up into the leg, from which the worst that can happen is a broken leg, but not protect the area that can kill if hit hard enough.

They were going on about dementia and protecting the head a while back, but all that is forgotten with these challenges. I understand not carding accidental clash of heads, but a raised foot like that should be a red with no questions asked.

roonster09

Scout
What they need isn't help. It's less abuse from players and managers. You're talking about narratives, but we already have an in built narrative around refs. Which is to give them no respect, and this is not just in the PL, I've seen it at all levels.

There's already enough focus coming from stands, social media, and dissection of their performance by pundits. But I think they buy into that particular bargain when they become a referee. The climate is one of fixation on refs and has been for as long as I can remember, so I doubt they expect that to change and that's fair.

But when you continually turn up to work and you're taking abuse over minor decisions, nevermind the major ones from players, and you have clowns on the touchline making fools of themselves that are supposed to set an example to players and indeed to the grass roots, managers constantly lambasting them after games as a shield for their own inadequacy, then to me it's no surprise you have a very difficult scenario to work in. They're just punching bags that are expected to make near perfect decisions week in week out within a climate that I don't believe many humans would excel in.

The only difference between a rugby ref and a football ref is the idiocy within football. They're all fellas trying to do a job that are well trained.
I had lot of sympathy for them pre-VAR as it's human nature to make mistakes when things happen at such high pace and players trying to con the ref at every given opportunity but with VAR and so many eyes on the incident, I have 0 sympathy.

When the refs are inconsistent with the similar incident then you have to assume they are either incompetent fecks or taking the easy way out on which decision to give and which decisions not to give. I mean Everton got penalty and Rashford didn't, Michael fecking Oliver was the ref in one game and was in charge of VAR for other, I dont know how they even explain such blatant nonsense. Casemiro got red card when his studs bounced off the ball and caught opponent ankle, so many studs to ankles barely gets yellow in other games and then you have Liverpool player planting his studs on opponent head and he didn't get red.

I'm not saying they should be abused, No one should receive abuse or threats but refs should get criticism and plenty of it for their shit decisions.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Why? Why would you assume that?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Based on how refs make decisions
So you think they deliberately make poor decisions to fit narratives and have agendas that basically make them corrupt, instead of just, you know, making poor decisions because they're not that great.