Jurriën Timber | Arsenal player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Looking at the video of Timber on the other page he seems very effective at playing as a RB who drifts into midfield to make an extra passing option.

Silas

Hope we don't do what people in this thread are suggesting and move him to RB. It's his qualities in a CB package that make him special. Move him to the right and I don't think he's as much of a standout. Useful that he can play both of course. Aerial ability is my only concern.

croadyman

Hope we don't do what people in this thread are suggesting and move him to RB. It's his qualities in a CB package that make him special. Move him to the right and I don't think he's as much of a standout. Useful that he can play both of course. Aerial ability is my only concern.
Yeah that's my only worry about him too

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
It’s going down
We’re signing Timber
Just watch him move
The Scouse are pants

Hell be the Dutch
We’ll always remember
Hell be the one
You won’t forget.

Can’t wait for the chant next season.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The fact Shrager is being slightly positive is a very good sign IMO. Obviously not done dealio but it seems if we want him (which seems true) then we've got him.
Agreed, he's resident pisser in chips, so this is a massive positive.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I think if we do it will be temporary whilst he gets used to the league. Like you say his attributes mean he could be a really special CB, and Ten Hag already plays him there so obviously thinks the same

Swedish_Plumber

If he comes in and plays at right back, is he in the mould of TAA/Reece James where a lot of the attack can come through him as he’s technically gifted?

suhaylah

That's actually my dream signing. If we can get Timber, 2 CMs and Raphinha, I'd actually be very happy with the window despite the amount of players leaving.

I feel Raphina isn't rated enough on here, he's a player that can single-handedly transform our team. I do feel he'll probably end up at Barca and we're going to regret the fact that we never got him when we had the chance and he's a top 5 Balon do'r candidate.
Leed is still in the premier league. Would be tough to get him.
Anthony is more attainable imo.

rbnZz

Leed is still in the premier league. Would be tough to get him.
Anthony is more attainable imo.

I've a good feeling that Sancho will be playing a lot better next season. Where would you let him play? Left or right because if its on the right, I'd go for Gakpo. Such a good player and his
efficiency is much higher than Antony.

Antony:
Eredivisie: 8 goals, 4 assists in 23 games.
CL: 2 goals, 4 assists in 7 games.

Gakpo:
Eredivisie: 12 goals, 13 assists in 26 games
CL quali: 2 goals, 0 assists in 6 games
EL: 2 goals, 0 assists in 4 games
Conf League: 3 goals, 1 assists in 5 games

He gave an assist in the Dutch super cup and he scored in the cup final against Ajax.

dutchred

I've a good feeling that Sancho will be playing a lot better next season. Where would you let him play? Left or right because if its on the right, I'd go for Gakpo. Such a good player and his
efficiency is much higher than Antony.

Antony:
Eredivisie: 8 goals, 4 assists in 23 games.
CL: 2 goals, 4 assists in 7 games.

Gakpo:
Eredivisie: 12 goals, 13 assists in 26 games
CL quali: 2 goals, 0 assists in 6 games
EL: 2 goals, 0 assists in 4 games
Conf League: 3 goals, 1 assists in 5 games

He gave an assist in the Dutch super cup and he scored in the cup final against Ajax.
If I had a choice I'd take Gakpo. Diallo is very similar to Antony in style but we wont know in quality until we try him. Also I think Gakpo may ne more suited to the PL

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
In Goldbridge’s video this morning he said the info he’s had is that the deal for Timber is “basically done” and that Pau Torres is a nothing story.

Blood Mage

It looks like he may well be our first signing of the summer. A very exciting talent who'll develop into one of the best CBs around in a couple of years. :drool:

He'll need a cool head alongside him at first though which I worry we don't have, Varane has been disappointing and the less said about our other options the better. We should buy Martinez too!

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
A savvy signing. Just hope it means we can get rid of some of our other CBs and recoup some cash to use elsewhere.

I think having Timber, Maguire, Varane, and possibly Mengi as our 4 CBs could be enough for the season, with a view of replacing Maguire in 2023.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
We haven’t signed him. This place has got really bad for just accepting some bollocks rumour as gospel.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
We haven’t signed him. This place has got really bad for just accepting some bollocks rumour as gospel.
I agree, but he does seem the most likely of the Ajax player signings. Even Shraeger was somewhat positive.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
According to Goldbridge is about as accurate as saying according to my nan... unless your nan is Karen from the united press conferences

Bestietom

A savvy signing. Just hope it means we can get rid of some of our other CBs and recoup some cash to use elsewhere.

I think having Timber, Maguire, Varane, and possibly Mengi as our 4 CBs could be enough for the season, with a view of replacing Maguire in 2023.
Both Mengi and Timber are on the small side for CBs . We will need a tall CB beside either.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If he comes in and plays at right back, is he in the mould of TAA/Reece James where a lot of the attack can come through him as he’s technically gifted?
His ability on the ball is more driving forward and ball progression not his crossings. He wouldn’t operate like TAA and James for sure if he plays RB, 100% not James. That’s probably why he suits more as CB or may be at least inverted full back.

Bestietom

His ability on the ball is more driving forward and ball progression not his crossings. He wouldn’t operate like TAA and James for sure if he plays RB, 100% not James. That’s probably why he suits more as CB or may be at least inverted full back.
Do you think he could play DM.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Ajax often invert their fullbacks, with them moving centrally to either form part of a back three in possession or into the midfield for more control. In theory if we were using Timber at RB that's what we'd likely see from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.