Jurriën Timber | Arsenal player

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
As I have always said good heading is about timing and having at times a bit of a screw loose. You have to be brave. Nothing about height. Lou Macari scored goals with his head and he will have beating players who were a lot taller than him.

Rolaholic

Ajax have also apparently offered him a substantial raise to sign a new contract, gonna come down to his decision soon.

He says ideally the club would like deals for him and De Jong to be wrapped up by the time their nations league matches end on June 14th

L1nk

Don't expect this to be done anytime soon. If he is one of the options we are looking at, i'm looking at us taking forever to make any signings it seems as per

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Don't expect this to be done anytime soon. If he is one of the options we are looking at, i'm looking at us taking forever to make any signings it seems as per
It isn't the clubs fault if the players are this laid back about their future. Is Torres in the Spain squad, if yes we might have the same problem there.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Does Eth wants him for Rb or cb position? I admit that i don't know much about him except watching him few games.

ehsanul

Bestower of favours
Another player that is unsure of joining Man Utd.If they are not convinced about Utd then we should stay clear of these players.

Bojan Djordjic

The list of attributes that the CAF prioritizes (even borderline obsessed) in a player about to join:

- Height

You can see the effect video games like FIFA had on many people: Players over 30 years old will have their form suddenly dropped off from a cliff, players with less pace will always lose out on the ball (Using this logic Carrick/Pirlo will not even get a sniff of the ball during games) and players without great height will always lose out in an aerial duel (As if Evra lost all of them).
Just leaving this twitter thread here. Would imagine a greater access to data analytics is the reason for this rather than an addiction to FIFA. We all look at Benzema, Lewandowski and Ronaldo and think they’re the rule rather than the exception.

Rolaholic

Another player that is unsure of joining Man Utd.If they are not convinced about Utd then we should stay clear of these players.
How do you know he'd be unsure? Nothing he's said points to that.

Quite the contrary really

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
:lol: these players aren't going to just come out and say ''im leaving''. If they don't deny it then it means positive, good news.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
I honestly thought he would have said, "Yippie bye yay, Manager Schreuder!" and left by now.

Red00012

Deadline day here we go

I'm a beautiful thing

As I have always said good heading is about timing and having at times a bit of a screw loose. You have to be brave. Nothing about height. Lou Macari scored goals with his head and he will have beating players who were a lot taller than him.
What was Lou 5 foot 5,great leap on him,I know very little about this lad because I don't watch dutch football,in fact outside of United I don't watch much football at all so I'm looking at many diverse opinions on him,we will see if he signs

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
You know I'm such a fool for news. We got to wrap up Jurrien Timber. Do we have to let it linger?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Have we discussed his height?
There was something about "the bigger they are, the harder they can clear any danger in the box" but I started stabbing my eyes out with spoons at that point.

Yorke to Cole

This is the sort of conjecture we hear, like Timber said earlier "I can improve at any club" before a player eventually joins.

UTD_Since_1978

Just leaving this twitter thread here. Would imagine a greater access to data analytics is the reason for this rather than an addiction to FIFA. We all look at Benzema, Lewandowski and Ronaldo and think they’re the rule rather than the exception.
What's the point of having a "window" if clubs can just sign players & announce it before the window even opens? I don't get it :confused:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
What's the point of having a "window" if clubs can just sign players & announce it before the window even opens? I don't get it :confused:
It's a window to register players. You can 'buy' them whenever you want, but you can't register them to play competitive matches until the window.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.

is about as much use as that twitter thread.

Rolaholic

This guy was at Ten Hags press conference and I think I remember from the Talk of the Devils podcast with Whitwell and Mitten that he’s the journalist closest to Ten Hag and they’re friends outside of football
Yea he was very bullish about it

Reminds me of that Norweigian journo last summer close to Ole who basically confirmed Sancho early on

Betson

If we stick to that principle then we could really be restricting ourselves when it comes to transfers we have to be realistic and realize this club does not sell itself anymore . It is now known more for underachieving and failure rather than the club it was.

Gone are the days when the name alone would snag a top player the manager now needs to sell the club to players and convince them coming here is not a bad career move.

Corey

Never seen him play but I'm really hoping we get this deal done. Purely so I can sing along to his inevitable chant to the tune of Kesha's 2013 hit song "Timber". It's gonna be big.

Speaking of which, this Ajax lad looks a little small for a Premier League centre back, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.