Jurriën Timber

croadyman

I think finance came into the equation there as well.

Who knows how much Haaland and his family got from City. They don't get that if he comes to United. Same with Bellingham as well I'd imagine.

And there's no way Haaland wouldn't have been first choice here. Same with Bellingham.

I'd also add Timber doesn't have their profile. He's an easy get if we really want him.
We should have got Haaland at Molde for peanuts

EtH

Thinking about our situation at the back and I really hope we are back in for Timber in the summer. We are in a unique position of having a world class CB pairing but sadly due to Varane’s fitness issues need quality cover at the RCB position. We also need another quality option at RB. And I imagine Timber would look absolutely mint there tucking in and providing quality in the buildup when Varane is fit.

I’m not sure where I see him longterm. Perhaps that depends on who else we acquire and/or the development of Ethan Laird. But I think he will be brilliant whether it be RB or CB and his signing would go a long way toward maximizing Varane’s final years at the top. It almost seems a bit hilarious at this point going back to the Ajax well once again, but Timber’s quality and versatility make him the best option out there for us IMO. Add Ndicka on a free and we are set until Varane’s time comes.

X