Jurriën Timber | Arsenal player

Status
Not open for further replies.

iKnowNothing

This transfer feels so similar to LVG coming in and bringing Blind. New manager’s favorite, apparently not physically strong enough for the PL.

I just hope he has a better career at United than Blind.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So we have had a clear run of the player and couldn't launch a single bid? WTF are we doing waiting around ?
are you being serious? this isn’t football manager :lol:

Zoo

Got to question his mentality if that’s really what he’s concerned about.

Mainoldo

Honestly don’t mind. I like the look of him. But would rather an older CB for what we need right now.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
So we have had a clear run of the player and couldn't launch a single bid? WTF are we doing waiting around ?
For all this talk of restructuring it seems the same old united to me

Telsim

Literally every player we’ve been linked with this summer we’re told doesn’t want to join
The chickens are coming home to roost. I said many times this will happen, but people didn't believe me. After delivering nothing but utter failure for a decade on every possible front Manchester United is simply not an attractive place. We have absolutely nothing to offer right now.

Trex

It just feels like Van Gaal has been in his ears, he tried to discourage Ten Hag too.....it's just insane he still has a grudge after 6 years, managers get sacked all the time, get over it.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
There's 23 games (16 PL, 6 Europa, 1 LC) before the world cup, around every 4 days.

He's unlikely to be a starter in the PL at CB (early on) but we shouldn't be wasting our funds this summer if he isn't ready to play over Dalot or in the Europa games.

Real Name

You know a bid is the last step in the whole process. And based on what you think we had a clear run?

Judas

Open to offers
If we somehow managed to not get this lad signed, it wouldn't exactly be encouraging, it's an open goal. Still think it'll happen though, its the usual posturing.

ReallyUSA

It just feels like Van Gaal has been in his ears, he tried to discourage Ten Hag too.....it's just insane he still has a grudge after 6 years, managers get sacked all the time, get over it.
which ones get sacked after winning a cup?

devilish

:lol:

Coming from you it's ironic as hell.
That post had nothing to do with Fletcher more about the restructuring as a whole. Regarding Fletcher if you think that dishing 2 promotions to someone with barely any experience at all after just 6 months then that's fair enough.

Bestietom

Manchester United should be able to attract top players even if not in Champions League.
Jesus, how things have changed for this club.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Would probably be more expensive than Timber (so would Gvardiol), but I would really prefer Guehi. Better than all of them in my opinion, and the most promising young english CB in years. An absolute tank, very quick, two footed and very good on the ball.
Havent seen that much of him, but surely would be a lot more expensive with English tax.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Manchester United should be able to attract top players even if not in Champions League.
We would be able to, however we have missed out on the CL money. It would mean paying stupid money for players who really have their eyes on being at another club, but are happy to just pick up their money. That is the route we have been going down for years. We need to do something different, not just pander to fans wanting big names for bragging rights.

cyberman

By the sound of it he wouldn’t even go to a higher quality team because he doesn’t back himself

Bestietom

We would be able to, however we have missed out on the CL money. It would mean paying stupid money for players who really have their eyes on being at another club, but are happy to just pick up their money. That is the route we have been going down for years. We need to do something different, not just pander to fans wanting big names for bragging rights.
Yes, your right. Move on if they don't want to come here and play for the badge.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I only want another RCB if he is a generational talent.

Id rather get a good left footed CB as our only CB signing.

Pau Torres, Gvardiol, Carmo etc

devilish

It’s the 2nd June - what planet do you lot live on
I agree that in normal circumstances it would probably be too early to judge. However these are not normal circumstances. We're in the middle of a rebuild with around 10 players leaving. We should have had a plan in place and players should have been snapped early to avoid any competition by clubs who are in a better position then we are. To give you an example Dortmund had already signed 4 players. That include the very promising Adeyemi, the experienced Sule and a very solid/promising defender in Schottlebeck. These 3 players would have been a great addition to our side.

I am particularly disappointed that we waiting so long to hire our vice DOF especially since he is meant to allow Murtough more time to focus on transfers. We always seem so sluggish and slow

Status
Not open for further replies.