Just re-watched the 2008 CL Final

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Was a seriously good game, and Chelsea were unlucky. Drogba was stupid, Terry's slip is still as hilarious as ever.

But how come I still get nervous watching that penalty shoot-out? Epic, and we're in for another epic night on Saturday.

Believe people, a little over 48 hours to go!!

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I might settle down for a watch of that tonight... :)

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
You should Pops, you should!

I'm thinking of doing aswell, but I don't know. Might watch the '99 Final considering it was 12 years ago today.
I haven't watched it since that painful night, now is a good time I think, see what I can learn from it before Saturday.

stubie

I'm going to dig out my old tapes for United/Barcelona (May 1991)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It's completely forgotten how lucky Chelsea's goal was though. A hopeless shot, two deflections, falling kindly for Lampard and VDS slips on the turf as he shoots as well.

Jonno

Oh, yes, it was the best final opening. But I'm talking also about Sky's interviews with Guardiola, Ferguson, Messi and Ronaldo.

The best was their montage after the game, though.

That really was a great header from Messi. As much as I don't like to admit it!

Claymore

I'm going to watch the 2009 Final tonight.
I watched it again at about 1am ish last night, wasn't as bad as I remembered it despite them having the better time on the ball. We had enough time on the ball just seemed to give it away or out of play when not needed. Coupled with Ronaldo shooting from anywhere. Other attacks from us ended up in being blocked crosses or offside in the end pretty much. We can definitely do better than that.

Put up my thoughts in the line up v Barca thread.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
I'm downloading the torrent from the 2009 final.

feck me it's big. 2.12 Gb. I hope it's finished downloading before saturday.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I never get why games are so big, when 2 hours movies can be 500mb

Suedesi

Was a seriously good game, and Chelsea were unlucky. Drogba was stupid, Terry's slip is still as hilarious as ever.

But how come I still get nervous watching that penalty shoot-out? Epic, and we're in for another epic night on Saturday.

Believe people, a little over 48 hours to go!!
Any good torrrents, youtube videos floating around?

Irwinwastheking

I never get why games are so big, when 2 hours movies can be 500mb
Suppose from the start of the buildup to the end of the game is around 4 hours for a game like this.

I looked up sky there and they're coverage starts at 6 this Sat and won't finish till 10.30.

I never downloaded a game in full before so I'm not sure how much of that I will get, but the Torrent is from Sky Sports.

Claymore

The one I watched wasn't Itv or Sky sports it was some Australian coverage. Had it for a while just never had the balls or time to watch it. Commentary was a lot less biased or anti United as you can sometimes get, a lot less whiney so probably helped me take my own view of what went on. There was a bit of Barca wanking towards the end how they pass and controlled the pace but not as over the top as some of the BBC/ITV for Spain in the WC final or some Barca CL games. It was more the studio pundits who were wheeling out the "justice for football" type lines.

I feel better for watching it. They were the better team, they had chances and more consistent time on the ball but it wasn't as bad as the battering I'd remembered. Have to blame ourselves for a fair bit of it too. Clumsy not keeping the ball in play, giving it away cheap or wild shooting.

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
Suppose from the start of the buildup to the end of the game is around 4 hours for a game like this.

I looked up sky there and they're coverage starts at 6 this Sat and won't finish till 10.30.

I never downloaded a game in full before so I'm not sure how much of that I will get, but the Torrent is from Sky Sports.
It contains the following:

Pre-match build up

1st Half

2nd Half

HT Analysis

Rest of Coverage

Allegedly.

Irwinwastheking

One of them sounds like he's taking it up the bum at the end.

AAAAAgghhhh

Woooooooo

OOOOhhhhh

AAAAgggghhhhhh

redevil2

It really is amazing how a fairly simple sport can evoke such emotion into billions of people around the world.
Just watched the penalty shootout again.... Hopefully we don't need that on Sat to win it. Two days.... It feels like waiting for Xmas eve to come....

redevil2

I've posted this two or three times now but I just love it. The torture we all went through!

Thanks for posting this again. This is my first time watching this and it surely brought back memories of those nervy moments we all been through. It's really unbearable for so long and then that moment came when we won it. Unbelievable! Goosebumps.

Irwinwastheking

Just watched the penalty shootout again.... Hopefully we don't need that on Sat to win it. Two days.... It feels like waiting for Xmas eve to come....
Feeling the same way;

Just watched it there too, and it struck me after Saturday how many great players and OK players will be missing from both sides that took part in the peno's that night;

Van der Sar
Ballack
Tevez
Belletti
Ronaldo
Hargreaves

Add these to the others that played and are either gone now or are going this summer and you would have some team.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Chelsea's goal still annoys me. It's like some kind of fecking comedy sketch of themselves.

Lucky my arse. They used up about 5 seasons worth of luck with that passage of play alone.

el3mel

What a great day this was. Glad I got to celebrate us winning CL.