Film Justice League

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I'm not sure I'm going to be able to take Cyborg seriously.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The day they stop churning out endless superhero movies is the day I die happy

Ubik

I suppose on the plus side, I liked the trailers for BvS which greatly heightened the disappointment, so this one is preferable in that respect.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
DC just don't get it.

Either be family friendly like MCU or go full on dark like Logan. None of this in between bull.

Sylar

Its very.... blue.

I just hope its good. Some semblance of making sense and being good would be a nice start.

izzydiggler

It seems to me that DC/Warner just don't have a clue what they want to achieve with the universe (apart from the obvious of making money).

Nolan's gritty, dark, moody, grounded in a more 'realistic' world worked for Batman and obviously they thought they'd do the same with Man Of Steel and lap up the plaudits and profits. I actually really like Man of Steel but I think they panicked after seeing the MOS / Avengers Box Office takings and fast-tracked the JL movie(s), bringing Batman back far too early, desperately trying to repeat Marvel's success without any groundwork or idea about what they were building.

It's a massive mess - Suicide Squad was terrible, I actually quite enjoyed the Extended Cut of BVS (how the cinematic version got past QC, I'll never know) but it has so many issues - the JL introduction via some computer files is laughably bad and by killing off Superman they've left themselves a huge task to cram all of these plotlines/characters into a single film - more evidence of changing plan, given it was announced as in 2 parts.

Anyway, nothing adds up to this being any good - it looks OK and they're obviously trying to make it more 'fun', despite everything being dark and washed out of colour but it looks like the usual Snyder 'pretty punch fest'. I have higher hopes for Wonder Woman, which at least looks a little different.

decorativeed

I'm like the opposite of those people who come into a super hero film/tv thread and say "Here we go again - when will they stop churning these out". I will give most of them a go and appreciate them for what they are - mainly light entertainment, a bit of fun, while there are 10% of them that are genuinely really good films. I usually enjoy the trailers and marketing for them, but this just leaves me cold. It just looks a mess. They seem to have painted themselves unnecessarily into a corner with Batman V Superman and why they are sticking with the same creative team for this after the reception of the last couple of Snyder films, I cannot fathom. This is coming from one of a minority who actually quite likes his Watchmen too.

slir32

Trailer looks really good. DC comics has humour so i would rather go that route than the dark theme.

Sylar

The problem seems to be Marvel who have success through humour. DC want to go a different route but dont want to be seen as copycats hence are trying to do everything different as possible even if it doesnt make sense, imo.

Ubik

I think the humour thing gets overplayed, DC films so far have been bad because the characters have been bad, the plots have been bad and Snyder's done his usual mess of CGI to try and recreate panels from comic books rather than direct a film. He seems to have absolutely zero idea of what makes a character.

Maybe he'll surprise on this one, but the fact he's introducing three new lead characters doesn't inspire much confidence.

wr8_utd

:'(
I prefer DC movies when they're a bit dark. If I wanted OTT action sequences, there's Marvel for that. JL looks like it's headed the Avengers way.

Smores

The cyborg looks dreadful, i think that alone will ruin this film.It almost looks a little sin city in tone.

Not a huge fan of the team editions, probably another 6/10 but they have their place i guess.

RedTiger

Half mast
Why isn't there any sun? The only time they showed anything remotely resembling sunlight in BvS was in the dream sequence of Batman. Is this an in-universe thing?
Producer: I want the film to go back to DC roots, ya know, compete with Marvel...oh I also want it to be dark.

Director: what do you mean by dark?

Producer: you're a director, you should know what I mean!

cyberman

The cyborg looks dreadful, i think that alone will ruin this film.It almost looks a little sin city in tone.

Not a huge fan of the team editions, probably another 6/10 but they have their place i guess.
The Cyborg will be in early stages of production though, it'll be flawless by the release date

GBBQ

Seems again that Snyder is trying to create epic images (Aquaman on batmobile, Aquaman standing up to major wave, Wonder Woman arriving saying 'lets do this') he just sometimes forget to put a story in between these parts. Seems a little more lighthearted than Dawn of Justice. Whatever filters he uses in filming give it such a dark look. Also Cyborg looks terrible, i don't know if CGI has evolved enough so that mixing it with real human face is believable but it looked terrible there.

I'll watch it, I'm a sucker for these types of movies, but nothing in the trailer convinces me there's been an improvement.

kps88

I've seen this mentioned a lot, but I don't understand why it's a bad thing. The whole premise of the film means it should have a very dark look.
I think a lot of people mention it because the films aren't very good and everyone wants to try and figure out why. Nolan's Batman movies had a similar palette and I don't remember anyone wanting more sunshine and colour then.

Also doesn't help when the basic premise is supposed to be dark and gloomy but then you have lame jokes and Jesse Eisenberg hamming it up.

InfiniteBoredom

I've seen this mentioned a lot, but I don't understand why it's a bad thing. The whole premise of the film means it should have a very dark look.
It's unrealistic, which shouldn't be a negative given the whole premise (silly costumed metahumans vs space monsters), but it creates a joyless, oppressive mood that doesn't make for an enjoyable viewing experience. Winter Soldier for example was a tense, fast paced, thrilling watch without the need to drain colour out of every frame.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
It's unrealistic, which shouldn't be a negative given the whole premise (silly costumed metahumans vs space monsters), but it creates a joyless, oppressive mood that doesn't make for an enjoyable viewing experience. Winter Soldier for example was a tense, fast paced, thrilling watch without the need to drain colour out of every frame.
Fair enough, to me it has to be immersive to have an enjoyable viewing experience and the premise of the film to me means it wouldn't be immersive if it didn't have the visual tone it has.

Ubik

It's not just that's gloomy and washed out, it's also that everything looks fake with it.

InfiniteBoredom

It's not just that's gloomy and washed out, it's also that everything looks fake with it.
Yeap. The colours and effects Snyder is fond of wouldn't look out of place next to Instagram filters. Comparing it with the Nolan trilogy is an insult.

Sylar

The colours are not a problem as long as the story is good and makes sense.