Film Justice League

lsd

The Oracle
Is it weird that i dont care who plays Bond (and actually want Idris) but think that Superman should be white? hmmm

Edit: not even Superman. But clark kent lol

But Superman isn't even human so surely you can't restrict what he looks like

Sylar

But Superman isn't even human so surely you can't restrict what he looks like
Superman isnt agreed. Im just thinkin in terms of the guise of Clark Kent hence my edit :)

lsd

The Oracle
Superman isnt agreed. Im just thinkin in terms of the guise of Clark Kent hence my edit :)

Couldn't be worse than cavill thought he was rubbish at that .

Routh was great at Kent though

Andersons Dietician

I was watching that Kevin Smith comic book man or whatever it is called and they were discussing Snyders original cut and a woman in the crowd had seen that version when they were doing testing and she mentioned it was better even without the completed CGI. Smith asks some questions and mentions some of his knowledge of it and how in Snyders version DarkSeid was in it and so on. Which then brings up the Suicide squad directors cut is far better than the theatrical and makes far more sense and Leto doesn’t come across as badly in it.

You’ve got to wonder how much of the rubbish we are seeing is due to execs at WB.

I’m not really a Snyder fan and Batman vs Superman was horrible and a total waste of Doomsday. They could have done an incredible story with him. Being the catalyst that brings Batman and that together for me was stupid. He would have been a better Superman solo film, just the death of superman would have been perfect.

Affleck casting was rubbish, Ezra miller, rubbish, Leto, questionable but the rest of it I think they got pretty much nailed on. Hopefully they do something drastic soon, maybe alternate universes or something but at the moment i’d Say it needs a reset.

Sweet Square

I was watching that Kevin Smith comic book man or whatever it is called and they were discussing Snyders original cut and a woman in the crowd had seen that version when they were doing testing and she mentioned it was better even without the completed CGI. Smith asks some questions and mentions some of his knowledge of it and how in Snyders version DarkSeid was in it and so on. Which then brings up the Suicide squad directors cut is far better than the theatrical and makes far more sense and Leto doesn’t come across as badly in it.

You’ve got to wonder how much of the rubbish we are seeing is due to execs at WB.
I think the lady is crowd was hoping for sign that movie wasn't as bad as it is and Smith was just being nice to a fellow director(Also Smith has one good film to his name and looking at his recent output chances are he can't tell what a good film looks like).

Snyder and David Ayer just can't make good movies. There's a reason why wonder women is viewed as the best of the lot and I image that has lot to do with the fact Patty Jenkins is not shite.

Andersons Dietician

Blasphemy, Mallrats, Dogma, Chasing Amy, Jay and Silent Bob strike back, Clerks are all good and Have you never watched Fury by Ayer? It was great and End of Watch was brilliant.
Snyder 300 and sucker punch. Ok Watchmen was a bit of a miss for me but overall both a good body of work hasn’t been that bad. Patti Jenkins only work of credit was Monster.

(Also Smith has one good film to his name and looking at his recent output chances are he can't tell what a good film looks like).

Snyder and David Ayer just can't make good movies. There's a reason why wonder women is viewed as the best of the lot and I image that has lot to do with the fact Patty Jenkins is not shite.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Blasphemy, Mallrats, Dogma, Chasing Amy, Jay and Silent Bob strike back, Clerks are all good and Have you never watched Fury by Ayer? It was great and End of Watch was brilliant.
Snyder 300 and sucker punch. Ok Watchmen was a bit of a miss for me but overall both a good body of work hasn’t been that bad. Patti Jenkins only work of credit was Monster.
I agree with you. I suspect I would of have liked the original cuts better too.

Andy_Cole

A bit silly they’ve given up. Now all origins are out the way they could’ve cracked on and made some decent solo, and JL movies.

Instead they’ll probably give us more origins we don’t want.

I’m not sure how they can make this right. Maybe getting Nolan and Bale back for firstly a dark knight rises sequel, then add the rest of the universe in with Bale leading.

A new solo superman is needed, which is fresh from the universe. No origin, maybe and origin for a villain.

Or here’s an idea, make a Lex Luther movie, where the origin story is on him, with Superman already in the universe to defeat him (initially) ending with Lex trying to create a team of villains.

Art Vandelay

If they do manage to renegotiate with Cavill then they should keep it secret and do a Supergirl film. She's a teenager or early 20's woman that's lost everyone she's ever known and is now on what she see's as a corrupt and unjust planet earth with all these new super powers. Since there's very little anyone can do to stop her she sets about doing what she thinks is right, getting things horribly wrong and wrecking the place in the process. Gets into scraps with Batman, The Flash, etc. and there's not a lot they can do to stop her. Then BOOM! Cavill as Superman turns up and they team up to fight some big bad and she learns the error of her ways.

I'd watch that and it gets to reintroduce Cavill's Superman with some fanfare while introducing Supergirl and giving them another female led film to sell.

Sigma

I hope this doesn't appear as rascist as that is not what I'm intending but honestly - Superman is white, he has always been a white character. It's like Bond - he is a white guy from Scotland. Really don't understand why people would be happy with a character changing to a different race - especially iconic characters like Superman. Would put me off completely. I'd feel exactly the same if the Black Panther was played by a white guy by the way.
Agreed.

But it would be hilarious to see the political commentary.

Is it weird that i dont care who plays Bond (and actually want Idris) but think that Superman should be white? hmmm

Edit: not even Superman. But clark kent lol
Same. Although my reasoning for that is because I go by the theory that James Bond is just a code name and not actually a person. So by that logic, anybody can become him.

Sweet Square

Clerks might still be my favourite comedy of all time and I like that Mallrates got made(Although no surprise I think it's bad film) but the rest of Smith work is bad. I get that Chasing Amy was big moment with it being about a bi sexual women but firstly my ears have never fully recovered from the rain scene and secondly it's aged very badly, it's written as if a group of male straight teenagers(Even those the cast is in their late 20's) have just found out that there are women who also like other women(There's a scene when a Ben Affleck asks Amy about lesbian sex while in playground). And then finally nobody has ever looked like Ben Affleck and also drawn cartoons for a living. Can you image believing a film where Idris Elba stars as lonely twitch streamer who falls in love at a convention. It just doesn't happen.

300(I'll add in Dawn Of The Dead as well)is a fun watch which makes it's more odd that Syder does the super dark serious ultra serious take with a film about men flying in tights. Sucker Punch I gave up on mainly because(And to give Synder credit)it's one of the few movies that looked like a video game although that's why I hated it, plus the whole ''Mental Asylum'' stuff I'm just tried off now.

I haven't seen End Of Watch but Fury for me was ok nothing special especially when we are talking about WW2 films(Although the haircuts where nice looking).

If I go into the cinema to watch a Zack Snyder or David Ayer movie and come out disappointed then faults on my expectations.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Video contains Snyder cut spoilers.
I'm down...

Last edited:

Hawks2008

Why is there so much clamour for his version of the justice league? The guy is a hack.

Man of Steel

Smashed it!!
I'm doubting people's commitment to Sparkle Motion
I really enjoyed both of these directors commentaries, interesting and of course at the end of Man of Steel there is some news and guests.

Man of Steel Watch Party and Commentary with Zack Snyder. With a special surprise guest at the end, some questions from guests, and some big news for comic book movie fans too.

Batman vs Superman Dawn of Justice Ultimate Cut Watch Party and Commentary with Zack Snyder.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'm not sure why so many people are so convinced that a pretty rubbish director who has already directed two rubbish installments in the DC Universe will ensure that a rubbish film becomes a brilliant one.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Y'know that rubbish film that (rightly) got slated ? Well here's a looooooooooonger version of it.

Anyway,DC fanboys will like it because they've convinced themselves they will even if its likely a bigger pile of t*rd.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Has a director even had such a career boost from being replaced on a bad film, after a run of bad films?

Oldyella

Man of Steel was a great movie imo. Never understood why it wasnt more popular. BvS had some good bits but the plot was nonsensical, they just wanted batman and superman to fight and wasted Doomsday, and justice league was horrible but I do think a lot of that was on Whedon. Interested to see what's changed.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Man of Steel was a great movie imo. Never understood why it wasnt more popular. BvS had some good bits but the plot was nonsensical, they just wanted batman and superman to fight and wasted Doomsday, and justice league was horrible but I do think a lot of that was on Whedon. Interested to see what's changed.
First half of Man of Steel was excellent but the second half was a total bore fest of people hitting each other and was like watching a computer game. It's still much better than the utter shite that came after though.

Ekeke

Man of steel went to shit when Mr. Kent decided to try and be a hero and to die for the family pet instead of letting superman be a hero and use his gift. There were a bunch of people there that wouldnt have seen anything, especially in the tornado/storm and even if the had seen a blur, nobody would believe them because of the stress of the incident. Later on he's going to protect his identity from news reporting adults by using a pair of glasses. If he doesnt have to explain where he was to adults while he's working, he sure doesnt have to explain where he was for 2 seconds as a teenager. At that point logic and good writing were out the window for the movie.

Sylar

First half of Man of Steel was excellent but the second half was a total bore fest of people hitting each other and was like watching a computer game. It's still much better than the utter shite that came after though.
I thought the same too. The first half especially the krypton stuff was great. Having Clarks dad die for no reason, and telling Superman to let a bus full of kids or whatever die to keep a secret was crazy.
Superman kill a man in the first movie was pretty... ehh too.

Snyder is terrible. It seems he makes movies and action pieces just to have a cool trailers. BvS was terrible. Even the extended version was terrible. Squashing two movies into one was just insane.

Oldyella

Man of steel went to shit when Mr. Kent decided to try and be a hero and to die for the family pet instead of letting superman be a hero and use his gift. There were a bunch of people there that wouldnt have seen anything, especially in the tornado/storm and even if the had seen a blur, nobody would believe them because of the stress of the incident. Later on he's going to protect his identity from news reporting adults by using a pair of glasses. If he doesnt have to explain where he was to adults while he's working, he sure doesnt have to explain where he was for 2 seconds as a teenager. At that point logic and good writing were out the window for the movie.
The whole Pa Kent thing was bloody weird. But that aside, I dont get the few posters above problem with it. Still think it's great. Baller soundtrack too.

Raw

I think it'll be better than the original solely because it'll be doing its own thing, as opposed to shamelessly copying the quippy Marvel formula. But it still won't be very good.

Sylar

The JL and DCU has been the biggest letdown. It clearly is made up as they go along with no clear vision on having a shared universe. Thats the biggest disappointment. That and the fact they somehow let Snyder be in charge of it and kept him on after BvS.