Film Justice League

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Snyder makes movies for grownups? That’s a new one! It’ll be fascinating to see the differences between the two though given the huge fuss about this whole thing and how Whedon ruined what was obviously going to be a total masterpiece.
Joss Whedon should have simply made the film four hours long, the dumbarse.

Sweet Square

Snyder makes movies for grownups? That’s a new one! It’ll be fascinating to see the differences between the two though given the huge fuss about this whole thing and how Whedon ruined what was obviously going to be a total masterpiece.
The whole saga reminds of the Simpson's episode with the "flying pig"

u

The oddest thing about Justice League is everyone knows it's awful, because if it wasn't there wouldn't be this desire from people for the extended cut. Under all the hype for this new edition is the hope that somehow Snyder has made a good movie.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Think the whole Snyder cut thing stems from hardcore DC fans who were desperate for their live action films to compete with marvel.

Obviously Justice League stunk up the place to the point where for most of them it was indefensible, and hid behind "it wasn't Snyder's vision" as to why it was so shit.

The reshoots and whatnot being done by whedon of all people gave the whole "Snyder cut" legs.

Fact is, there's no guarantee that his cut is worth the hype and it's hope more than anything.

Last edited:

Sylar

Think the whole Snyder cut thing stems from hardcore DC fans who were desperate for their live action films to compete with marvel.

Obviously Justice League was stunk up the place to the point where to most of them it was indefensible, and hid behind it wasn't Snyder's vision as to why it was so shit.

The reshoots and whatnot being done by whedon of all people gave the whole "Snyder cut" legs.

Fact is, there's no guarantee that his cut is worth the hype and it's hope more than anything.
Especially as he gave us BvS. And Man of Steel which the second half was not great imo (but probably the best of them all and overall entertaining)

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Especially as he gave us BvS. And Man of Steel which the second half was not great imo (but probably the best of them all and overall entertaining)
Man of steel is the only superman film I find watchable. Agree its tails off a bit in the 2nd half though.

BvS is trash.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's just going to be four hours of the same Snyder exposition, isn't it? I'm just not feeling hyped for this film. Not unless it has lots of scenes like the one in BvS where Batman beats the shit out of a room full of hired goons.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You're all going to hate it... I'm going to find it entertaining. That's my prediction.

Rake

It's much more brown than the theatrical cut. Does Snyder know that other colours are available?
There is a distinct yellow/brownish filter they have been using since MoS. It is so annoying that I edited the colors of a downloaded version before watching it with friends.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager

So probably a lot of brand new content in this then?
Yeah there is. Apparently over 2 hours of reshoots and the rest made up of Snyder's scenes that were already done, some but not many were used in the original JL, and the rest never used because Whedon made/used his own scenes.

Andersons Dietician

There is a distinct yellow/brownish filter they have been using since MoS. It is so annoying that I edited the colors of a downloaded version before watching it with friends.
Pretty much every Snyder film has that tint from 300, sucker punch, MOS, Watchmen and probably others. It’s like how Michael Bay also has that one tint he seems to use in everything. It’s like their signature tints.

As for the film it can really only go up from the train wreck which was the Whedon edit. One of the worst films I’ve seen. Remember when it came out people that had scene the test footage of the Snyder version saying even that without fully digigitalized villains was better than what was released.

Look forward to actually seeing some back story on characters and bigger involvement and explanations for things would be nice.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!

...Uh huh.

Sylar

I keep hearing its his version but then he's doing reshoots and more shoots and adding stuff

Basically snyder can see what didn't work and change it to work
It's kinda a free hit for him no?

Even with him releasing the design of stuff he can tweak it based on reaction

This really shouldn't fail with all this advantage he has

el3mel

I never really watched the original so I will be waiting for his cut then. I watched BvS, Wonder Woman and Shazam from DCEU and liked them, and I found BvS to be over hated actually. Definitely flawed and kinda rushed, but was a very fun watch for me. Will watch Birds of Prey and Aquaman soon as well.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I keep hearing its his version but then he's doing reshoots and more shoots and adding stuff

Basically snyder can see what didn't work and change it to work
It's kinda a free hit for him no?

Even with him releasing the design of stuff he can tweak it based on reaction

This really shouldn't fail with all this advantage he has
Exactly.

I can't recall another director given anywhere near as much an opportunity to not make something thats shit.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
There is a lot of hype around the Snyder Cut but I don’t see it being anything special. The original film was so bad, this will be an improvement on that but that’s not saying much. I’m more excited for Suicide Squad out of the upcoming DC releases.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
I watched all these flicks, but can't remember them. Why is big bad on earth, what is he looking for? Are Batman and Superman friends now? Is someone dead? Superman was for a bit, I'm pretty sure of that. And kinda nuts, but then someone's mother intervened...

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
didn't see the original, not going to watch this, this thread was funny though

passing-wind

Looks garbage, the new justice leagues seem to lack intensity and an element of drive to back the so called hype. I have selectively enjoyed some of the Marvel universe movies but they've wiped the floor with DC in terms of filmography for me personally.

Sylar

I'm gonna watch it, it better be awesome given they have a blueprint of what not to do and were allowed reshoots and editing after the initial one bombed

Suv666

Snyder is a shite director who has made one good movie (Watchmen) and has been trying to emulate it ever since.

Amarsdd

The original did get fecked over with Josh Whedon taking over towards the end of the production. So I'm hyped for this however it may turn out to be.

el3mel

Cautiously optimistic, I didn't watch the original but I'm from the minority that did enjoy BvS a lot despite its flaws (though I watched the ultimate edition, not the theatrical one).

Sweet Square

The hype around this is the most baffling shit.
''People buy nonsense and they buy dog food. You can prepare dog food better and you don't have to read nonsense.'' - Alexander Cockburn

Unfortunately a lot people love watching shite.