Television Justified

wr8_utd

:'(
Couldn't find a thread on this anywhere.

Anyway, what a show! Just finished watching the 2nd season and it's probably the best show on TV right now and up there with Dexter and Breaking Bad.

Olyphant is such a brilliant actor.

Last edited:

wr8_utd

Watch it. And it's been renewed for a 3rd season so you'll definitely have atleast 3 seasons to watch. I had heard a lot of good things about it but I didn't expect it to be this good really. Great great show!

NJ1979

It's a great show - Olyphant and Walton Goggins are both excellent, but nearly all the supporting cast are great as well. Seems to have flown under the radar a bit over here, but it's up there with A Game of Thrones as one of the best things on TV at the moment.

wr8_utd

3rd season premiered last night and what a premiere! This is easily in the top 5 shows at the moment imo.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
I'm disappointed that this isn't a thread about Justin Timberlake's debut solo album.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Good show. I saw the first season, and felt that it was a slow starter that gradually started to get better and better as it went on. Will need to get round to watching the second series, though.

Nearco

youth team player
Just started the second season. Walt Goggins should be a big star and Raylan's ex wife is smoking.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Season 2 was one of the best things on TV last year.

They haven't missed a beat thus far in S3.

wr8_utd

I think this season looks even better than last year. One of the best shows on tv quite easily.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Been watching a bit of this and it's entertaining alright but I don't get the praise for Goggins.

Really?

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Repeats again. Still an awesome show. Never seen a show with depth of characters as this! Every character has a deeper past and moral ambiguousness, that makes this one of the best shows I've ever watched.

tbf, I like this better than Breaking Bad!

Nickosaur

I started watching this a few weeks back, trying to find something to fill the void of Breaking Bad.

It's fecking brilliant. Olyphant is superb but the cast in general are great too, his ex-wife is hot. Halfway through Season 2, Season 1 was very much 'this week's bad guy is X', still entertaining and a lot of fun, but I think it's had a jump in quality this season and I've heard it gets even better (similar to Breaking Bad..?)

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
It's a great show. Flies a bit under the radar, but it's top quality.
I was going to disagree with this, and say that it's 'good' not 'great' by comparing it to the likes of Breaking Bad..

But realized, if we compared it against 99% of TV shows out there, you'd have to consider it great. Lots of fun, good action, great dialogue, some brilliant characters - it's far better than the majority of shit on TV these days.

Better than Walking Dead for sure.

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
I was going to disagree with this, and say that it's 'good' not 'great' by comparing it to the likes of Breaking Bad..

But realized, if we compared it against 99% of TV shows out there, you'd have to consider it great. Lots of fun, good action, great dialogue, some brilliant characters - it's far better than the majority of shit on TV these days.

Better than Walking Dead for sure.

Yeah it doesn't have the wild ambition of shows like Breaking Bad/The Wire, but it's a really terrific, pulpy cop show, which you'd expect from something based on an Elmore Leonard character.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I watched the first episode and didn't like it...it was some time ago, maybe i should give it another try.

Anyway now im watching Deadwood and im loving it! Only 4 episodes so far but damm its good.

LARulz

I watched the first episode and didn't like it...it was some time ago, maybe i should give it another try.

Anyway now im watching Deadwood and im loving it! Only 4 episodes so far but damm its good.

Do it. I did the same, I watched the first few episodes but didn't get into it so stopped watching. Nearly a year later I decided to give it a go and really got into it the second time round. It really picks up

Nickosaur

Just finished Season 2. Incredible run of episodes. I really enjoyed Season 1 but Season 2 is fantastic.

Nickosaur

Season 3 was great too - this show is excellent, deserves a wider audience.

Season 4 isn't on Netflix for some reason, otherwise I'd have started that tonight! Season 5 looks to be starting in January next year.

Nickosaur

Yeah I've heard positive things about the new season. I still need to watch Season 4, the bastard isn't on Netflix and I hate watching it on crappy streams.

Nickosaur

I've read Jere Burns (Wynn Duffy) will be a series regular this season :drool:

Alock1

Haven't started season 5 yet, looking forward to it.

Official confirmation that it'll end after season 6; probably a good thing.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/01/14/justified-officially-ending-after-season-six?+main+twitter

Justified Officially Ending With Season 6
The arc will be complete.

Creator Graham Yost has often indicated that he envisioned his FX drama Justified as a six season series. So, it wasn't entirely surprising when reports began circling last week that Justified would likely end its run next year.

At today's TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour FX CEO John Landgraf confirmed that the modern Western tale will conclude its story next season, saying that the decision was ultimately a creative one. "It was Graham [Yost] and Timothy Olyphant's decision," Landgraf said. Adding that he would have liked Justified to go on for years, as it's one of his favorite shows, saying, "Regretfully, I accepted their decision."

"They felt the arc of the show and what they had to say would be best served in six seasons versus seven," Landgraf explained. The CEO stressed that the network "tries not to have business decisions drive creative," meaning extend a show longer than it ought to be or cut it shorter than it ought to be. Although Landgraf did concede that they can't claim that the network has "never done that."

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Michael Rappaport and David Koechner are great additions to the cast and it's always good to see more Win Duffy.
Never been a big fan of Rappaport or at least haven't understood the lofty praise for his work. Hope to be proven wrong this season but he looks the weak casting link compared to some of the villains in previous seasons.

Glad to hear that Justified won't continue indefinitely and instead go out relatively strong. I'm sure Elmore Leonard's death played into it a bit as well

Alock1

How's season 5 going so far then? I still haven't jumped in to this season. It's one of those shows I like to binge watch.

jem

How's season 5 going so far then? I still haven't jumped in to this season. It's one of those shows I like to binge watch.
I love this show, but it's a bit flawed this season. Rapaport wasn't the best choice to play one of the Crowes. His accent sounds incredibly forced. As well, the Boyd Crowder arc hasn't worked that well. Thankfully they started to cle

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
I think Rappaport is doing a great job. I generally don't care about accents much at all. As long as it is close, it's fine. He's done a great job of playing someone who is not as dumb as he presents himself to be.

Nickosaur

Watched Season 4 on Netflix a few weeks back. After a slowish start, I thought it hit the heights of Season 4. The Drew Thompson arc was pretty cool, and the episode where they had to get Drew out of Harlan was awesome.

kps88

Can't believe this thread is so short. This final season's been excellent so far. Just one more episode left :(