Juventus accused of false accounting by Italian prosecutors | UEFA kick Juve out of Conference League

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Okay, that's good news for the clubs. They won't suffer any sporting consequences in that case.

However, in the legal realm, wouldn't the courts potentially be more stringent on the valuations, especially since Juventus are listed on the stock exchange? I'm trying to think of ways that this case can be thrown out, and the only thing I can think of is the subjective nature of the valuations. Maybe the prosecutors don't have enough substantial evidence to win this case.
I mean, at this stage there is not even a trial. This is not Far West, there is no rope to hang a suspect to a tree, only to say sorry (maybe……) 300 years later.

Let’s just follow this case step by step… infotainment wants fresh blood three times a day and the first tweet in your opening post is pure clickbait, we can well see how it is reaching its scope, accurate or not.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Let’s just follow this case step by step… infotainment wants fresh blood three times a day and the first tweet in your opening post is pure clickbait, we can well see how it is reaching its scope, accurate or not.
Yeah, that's unfortunately Tariq's most significant flaw. His word choice tends to be quite poor and is mainly influenced by his overall cynicism around the big clubs (he's not alone in this, sadly).

At the very worst, I'm thinking there'll be a major fine for Juventus, being monitored more closely by the authorities, and maybe one or two execs being arrested.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
My guess, if Agnelli steps down within the next 20 days, this was all theater

If not, this still won't go to trial anyways, judges will throw it out

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Juventus are such a slimey club. Oh well now Agnelli is gone the Super League has just lost one of its biggest supporters. Such a shame, said no one.
Hopefully Glazers next

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

You'd think that UEFA will surely get involved to enforce their FFP as they did with City after their leaks a while back. Hiding over €200m of losses over 3 years is massive, and since they're listed on an exchange, that'll probably get them in huge legal trouble as well if they lose this case.
My Sarbanes-Oxley sense is tingling.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Juventus doing something dodgy? I'm shocked. :eek:

Arlo

How does the board stepping down prevent prosecution?
Also, is that Patrick Swayze or Sean William Scott on the left of that picture?

Il_Cecchino

Supports
Hellas Verona
Italian football is corrupt. Not only the fake balance, but also the referees and match fixing (many games.. really many).

Drifter

American
Most important question, Do they have any players worth grabbing

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Sadly Rabiot is a package deal including his mum and wage demands north of 350K per week. To be honest, if his mum comes along he isn't worth it if he plays for free.
If his mum comes then Pique might come out of retirement and play for free

Threesus

Damage limitation, we will see what happens. Agnelli banked the club on Ronaldo’s purchase and the SuperLeague project, sending the club tits up.
Aren’t you guys owned by the fiat group? Surely they can take a page out of city’s book and do some fake sponsorship or something.

Threesus

If at all there is going to be a firesale at juventus, I would really like vlavohic. Our whole team can go up with a guy like him.