Juventus accused of false accounting by Italian prosecutors | UEFA kick Juve out of Conference League

abundance

Supports
Inter
Well, considering they made “plusvalenze” with a good number of Serie A teams in that saving their ar*e, aka the same eight clubs who were deemed not guilty yesterday… so Juventus were the disloyal pepetrators of injecting liquidity in half Serie A pockets during Covid, while FIGC wrested penalties and VARs to have Inter, Milan and now Napoli to win the league in order to sell the product abroad. Great, great business! Good luck for the future.
doh
please you're better than this

"injecting liquidity"
and "saving their ar*e"...

We are talking about inflating paper money, and the buttock on the line was only Juve's.

Juventus needed their books cooked to comply with UEFA FFP and to look good on the stock market.

None of the mid-table or lower league clubs that partecipated in the scheme, who aren't listed company and don't compete in UEFA cups, had any need about this.

And, I didn't look at their financials, but I sincerely doubt that the few millions of fake profit they enjoyed in the few deals that each of them did with Juve had any real impact on having their financial approved for registering for national leagues.

While the cumulative dozens of millions of fake profit made all the difference in the world for Juve.
It all was a pro-Juve, Juve-originated scheme.

And that is why the original request from prosecutors was point deductions and inhibitions for Juve, and only five or six figures fines for all the others.

Now, IANAL, so I don't have any clue if the decision to revisit the initial judgement after new wiretaps surfaced will stand the scrutiny of FIGC council in appeal.
Neither if the new decision to punish Juve while still not fining the other clubs is fair.

But on a practical level, from what has emerged so far, it's clear as day whose benefit the whole scheme was for, and who pushed for it.

So many Juve fans (not all, admittedly) simply refuse to get out of their fantasy bubble where they are the stewards and the saviors of italian football competiveness.
It's sad that they just don't want to see that spreading corruption and malpractice has been by far their most prominent off-the-field contribution for decades.

Last edited:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
https://football-italia.net/juventus-hope-as-coni-suggests-new-trial-over-capital-gains/

JUVENTUS HOPE AS CONI SUGGESTS NEW TRIAL OVER CAPITAL GAINS

Juventus have struck one victory already in the appeal against a 15-point Serie A penalty, with the CONI effectively admitting there is a ‘lack of clarity’ in the motivation and suggesting a new trial.

The appeal to the Collegio di Garanzia was held today for three hours and a verdict is expected potentially this evening.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It’s a postponement though isn’t it? So there’s a chance they’ll get a points deduction for next season. fecks over the Milan clubs though

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The case isn't 100% closed yet. The appeal is only partially successful in that the case is now referred to a new appeals court. Still, they get their 15 points back for this season, but let's see what happens in the follow-up. There's still a chance that they can get their points deducted for next season depending on the ruling, or they can get a lighter punishment.

The official statement

Castia

Absolute circus

Couldn’t come at a worse time with Inter/Milan both going for the CL then get fecked over days later

Chekov

Supports
Internazionale
You can't take away points from a team if that there is even a possibility of the points being restored in the same season. It's that simple. What a joke Serie A has become now in a season where the league actually have showed up very good in Europe.

Chairman Steve

I want to run a club in Italy. You can cheat as much as you want and get away with it. It’s amazing.

Idxomer

I want to run a club in Italy. You can cheat as much as you want and get away with it. It’s amazing.
It's not like Spain or England is any different. Italy actually once relegated Juve and deducted points from AC Milan.

ti vu

Transfer ban, stripping any titles and a heavy fine is better form of punishment. Need them in Europe to bring money into the league. Docking Milan point and relegating Juventus in last scandal affected the league so negatively the last time.

pacifictheme

Transfer ban, stripping any titles and a heavy fine is better to punishment. Need them in Europe to bring money into the league. Docking Milan point and relegate Juventus in last scandal affected the league so negatively the last time.
I would argue the league as a whole never really recovered.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
You can't take away points from a team if that there is even a possibility of the points being restored in the same season. It's that simple. What a joke Serie A has become now in a season where the league actually have showed up very good in Europe.
Why?

If the punishment is subject to appeal there is a possibility the penalty could be delayed or repealed pending the completion of the appeal.

And Serie A is only a joke to those who've always considered it a joke in recent years. No one serious looks at this and goes, "ah there's my interest shot"

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Right decision.
I don't get why if Ajax sell to Manchester United a one-trick pony for an absurd amount of money as €100m, for everyone it's normal because "Premier League teams are rich" so everything is fine, every single Bohely's Chelsea transfer is fine. If Juventus sell Pjanic to Barcelona for €60m it's a scandal and they're cheating.

The value of a football player cannot be determined with mathematical formulas. In the football market everything is about "supply and demand" and players are just club assets

jm99

Right decision.
I don't get why if Ajax sell to Manchester United a one-trick pony for an absurd amount of money as €100m, for everyone it's normal because "Premier League teams are rich" so everything is fine, every single Bohely's Chelsea transfer is fine. If Juventus sell Pjanic to Barcelona for €60m it's a scandal and they're cheating.

The value of a football player cannot be determined with mathematical formulas. In the football market everything is about "supply and demand" and players are just club assets
Isn't it because it was basically a swap deal and they inflated the values for thr purposes of getting around financial rules, I don't think that's similar to us buying Antony

Chekov

Supports
Internazionale
Why?

If the punishment is subject to appeal there is a possibility the penalty could be delayed or repealed pending the completion of the appeal.

And Serie A is only a joke to those who've always considered it a joke in recent years. No one serious looks at this and goes, "ah there's my interest shot"
It changes the table in the league in the ending of the season when teams are fighting for their standings in the league-table so this penalty affects all other teams while it was aimed for just one of the teams.

gajender

Isn't it because it was basically a swap deal and they inflated the values for thr purposes of getting around financial rules, I don't think that's similar to us buying Antony
But the point made by poster is still valid , transfer fees as things stand is exclusive domain of clubs making the deals there is no formula that can be applied to assign a number .

jm99

But the point made by poster is still valid , transfer fees as things stand is exclusive domain of clubs making the deals there is no formula that can be applied to assign a number .
Right, but rather than registering it as a swap they had both players sold for 60m for the purposes of having it amortised. I don't know, but there must be rules against this sort of thing

adexkola

Supports
It changes the table in the league in the ending of the season when teams are fighting for their standings in the league-table so this penalty affects all other teams while it was aimed for just one of the teams.
You can't keep a punishment that is no longer valid on the books just because other teams may be impacted.

The obvious conclusion is the prosecutor shot his load prematurely on this one. And other teams are "impacted" as a result (in reality it just means based on the current info we have, Juventus would have been 3rd all along and shame on the Milan clubs for relying on a stupid prosecutor to sneak into the CL)

Marvin look out

So as we speak both Milan teams aren't qualified for the CL next season. It's gonna be between them and Roma for the last qualifying place.

CatsOfUlthar

I'm fairly sure it's just a case of suring up the punishment consistency across the top leagues.

If they were punished then a load of Spanish, English and French teams would have to have some sort of similar punishment.

Should just get rid of Financial Fair Play rules entirely really, it's like the horsemeat scandal in the UK a while back, where lasagna from a major retailer was found to contain horsemeat.

No one was actually angry about it being horse, we were just jolly displeased that they weren't listing it as an ingredient as they should.

We know they're all cheating. Why we have to go through this rigmarole of pretending any FA anywhere is going to do anything about it, before spontaneously deciding their yachts need reupholstery, all feels a tad pointless really.

Chekov

Supports
Internazionale
You can't keep a punishment that is no longer valid on the books just because other teams may be impacted.
This is why this way of penalty was idiotic from the beginning. The penalty should be designed so it can't change the league-table and affect all the other teams in the league during on-going season.

gajender

Right, but rather than registering it as a swap they had both players sold for 60m for the purposes of having it amortised. I don't know, but there must be rules against this sort of thing
Again it's the Clubs prerogative how they want to proceed with the players registration , even if its for the purpose of FFP you simply can't appropriate players valuations because then every player transfer fee could be questioned .

adexkola

Supports
This is why this way of penalty was idiotic from the beginning. The penalty should be designed so it can't change the league-table and affect all the other teams in the league during on-going season.
I agree. Imagine this impacted the relegation race in 1 way or another.

Obviously if Juventus are found guilty on appeal the book should be thrown at them with finality.

devil99

They have identical record to United so far. 30 - 18 - 5 - 7

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Considering the individuals involved(Allegri, Paratici, etc) were all confirmed guilty, i think it's likely juventus will as well. So we'll see.

Court has 15 days to explain their reasons, then we'll know more

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Considering the individuals involved(Allegri, Paratici, etc) were all confirmed guilty, i think it's likely juventus will as well. So we'll see.

Court has 15 days to explain their reasons, then we'll know more
I somehow hope that Mussolini will be used as an argument.

Oranges038

Did not see that coming.

More shocking than a 96th min penalty at the Delle Alpi.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Wrote Allegri :lol: obviously meant Agnelli

jm99

Again it's the Clubs prerogative how they want to proceed with the players registration , even if its for the purpose of FFP you simply can't appropriate players valuations because then every player transfer fee could be questioned .
OK but didn't the clubs value the players the same, but instead of it being a swap they each purchased the other player for 60m with the fee spread over multiple years for cost, but registering as 60m income for the season to fudge the books. It's got nothing to do with appropriating values, they valued two players the exact same, but instead of putting it through as a swap as they should have, they each registered it as a sale

Todd

So as we speak both Milan teams aren't qualified for the CL next season. It's gonna be between them and Roma for the last qualifying place.
Not sure how this works, but if (when) one of Juventus or Roma win the Europa League, will the Serie A get another CL slot next season?