Juventuz goes into meltdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I can not get over the fact that Cristiano wasted 3 years of his life in this ugly football league and club.

I have nothing against Italians though, I love their country and their people but definitely their football is and has always been horrible, the stadia gloomy, the fan culture unattractive, and Juventus the epitome of it all.

CR scored 101 goals in 134 games, and still he was blamed for everything wrong with them.

How mentally blind, spiteful and ungrateful can people be. Definitely this was the dark chapter of CR's career.

How better would have been if he came back to MU in 2018 but I guess everything in life has a purpose or function.
I have followed Juventus games week in week out over past 3 seasons, and it bored me to death with their slow, boring, unimaginative and negative approach. I couldn’t watch the full match without falling asleep at half time, they often look worse to me than other mid table side in the league. If not for Ronaldo goals I really have no idea how they would end up.

But is it dark side of Ronaldo career? Sure it’s not as good as his Man Utd or Real Madrid time, and not as good as some may expected (poor CL run, missing league title in his 3rd season). But he still managed to win 5 trophies in 3 season, scored more goals than anyone, and has won every kinds of individual awards over there, it’s not as bad as it sounds.

I mean, I know the expectation isn’t the same, especially with different quality of the league and opponents, but if he manage to win 5 trophies for us over next 3 seasons, would be considered a huge huge success.

In other words, spending 3 years in Italy has helped him winning another 5 trophies, and breaking a series of new benchmark/records, such as being first player to win every trophies and awards in top 3 league, and the first to score 100+ goals in top 3 country etc too, so in bigger perspective it’s not really a bad move for him.

But yeh, should he stay at Real instead, I reckon he might win 1 more Ballon D’or, score more goals, but probably win less trophies (competitions level are higher in Spain), and he couldn’t set new benchmarks to prove he could do it in all top 3 leagues (not that it matters much though)

Last edited:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Ronaldo is the past. Pogba will be the future for us. And it is not stupid to get rid off a player with a huge wages. Juventus needs to maintain their money. But what I know is that Pogba is not happy. He will be back and start all over again. He is a nice guy and deserves the best of what he does. Simples
Pipe down mate. Your clubs run badly and your teams shite. Trolling on a United forum won’t change any of that

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
So in other words the club have lost their collective hunger.
I am not sure the Juventus board is making bad decisions because of a lack of hunger.

I think the Juventus board actually thought the decisions they were making would take the Juventus forward towards their true goal: The Champions League. However, they just made bad decisions.

Its definitely not the case that Juve has decided fourth place is good enough every season. Angelli wants to win. He is just getting it wrong year after year.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Ronaldo is the past. Pogba will be the future for us. And it is not stupid to get rid off a player with a huge wages. Juventus needs to maintain their money. But what I know is that Pogba is not happy. He will be back and start all over again. He is a nice guy and deserves the best of what he does. Simples
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I am not sure the Juventus board is making bad decisions because of a lack of hunger.

I think the Juventus board actually thought the decisions they were making would take the Juventus forward towards their true goal: The Champions League. However, they just made bad decisions.

Its definitely not the case that Juve has decided fourth place is good enough every season. Angelli wants to win. He is just getting it wrong year after year.
It's not been a lack of hunger. Their transfers and their strategy just didn't work out. And Covid hit their finances badly.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Weird how the past keeps scoring and you're in the relegation zone.

RoyH1

I have followed Juventus games week in week out over past 3 seasons, and it bored me to death with their slow, boring, unimaginative and negative approach. I couldn’t watch the full match without falling asleep at half time, they often look worse to me than other mid table side in the league. If not for Ronaldo goals I really have no idea how they would end up.

But is it dark side of Ronaldo career? Sure it’s not as good as his Man Utd or Real Madrid time, and not as good as some may expected (poor CL run, missing league title in his 3rd season). But he still managed to win 5 trophies in 3 season, scored more goals than anyone, and has won every kinds of individual awards over there, it’s not as bad as it sounds.

I mean, I know the expectation isn’t the same, especially with different quality of the league and opponents, but if he manage to win 5 trophies for us over next 3 seasons, would be considered a huge huge success.

In other words, spending 3 years in Italy has helped him winning another 5 trophies, and breaking a series of new benchmark/records, such as being first player to win every trophies and awards in top 3 league, and the first to score 100+ goals in top 3 country etc too, it’s not really such a bad move for him.
This. It's also important for Ronaldo's sense of legacy. He's been a dominant force in the three top leagues, making it happen with different managers and different systems. I don't think he wasted three years in Juventus. They were really good three years ago and were much, much closer than we were to the top levels of CL football. So it makes sense that he went there at the time. Just like it makes sense for him to leave them now.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
If he leaves in the summer, I'd wager that there's zero chance Juventus could compete with any contract offered to him by PSG or Madrid. Juve could afford him when they got him for free as a teenager. They can't afford him at 29 as he looks for what will probably be his last big contract. He'll be commanding a wage similar to Ronaldo, which Juve also couldn't afford.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
This. It's also important for Ronaldo's sense of legacy. He's been a dominant force in the three top leagues, making it happen with different managers and different systems. I don't think he wasted three years in Juventus. They were really good three years ago and were much, much closer than we were to the top levels of CL football. So it makes sense that he went there at the time. Just like it makes sense for him to leave them now.
Considering his age it's been pretty 3 good years. However for their project which was to win the CL it was a failure. They failed to make it past the QF's while he was there, but I don't think that can be blamed on Ronaldo as largely did his best apart from the match against Porto where they were knocked out. Juventus had a failed transfer strategy and managerial strategy and it would always have been a tall order to depend on a aging Ronaldo to take them all the way. In terms of his journeyman career, he's at least tried and done well in Seria A with a historic club.

Gonçalo Motta

I somewhat agree with this.

In Juve's defence, I'm pretty sure they didn't anticipate Ronaldo leaving on the last day of the transfer market so they had no time to react and tbf if you don't have the financial structure to enable you to have a guy like Ronaldo and build a proper team around him, it doesn't make sense to sign him at all.

I'm not surprised that Ronaldo left though. I saw a few reports saying that Ronaldo wasn't being considered as the lead man for this season (Allegri wanted to give that role to Dybala) and if I'm not mistaken he even started the first game on the bench.

After saving their asses more than enough times in the time he was there, I'm not surprised he wasn't that happy

Can't find the original source but for what is worth - https://www.besoccer.com/new/allegri-allegedly-said-sack-cristiano-ronaldo-979201

The newspaper reports that Allegri told Agnelli: "Sack Cristiano Ronaldo, he's preventing the growth of the team and the club." Those comments have obviously caused controversy.

Last edited:

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I'm old enough to remember when people were lauding Juve's transfer business of getting random and thirty-something players from other top clubs for free by giving them £400k per week. I probably did as well tbf.

Signing the utter guff that is Ramsay is hilarious. Great for him, fresh pasta in the mornings, good weather, and several hundred grand per week.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Ronaldo is the past. Pogba will be the future for us. And it is not stupid to get rid off a player with a huge wages.
But it's stupid to get rid of a player with huge wages to bring in another player with huge wages that can't even be relied upon to score goals.

redshaw

He won a league title in Italy and more plus got the stat of multiple leagues in different countries. if he had a crystal ball he might've left after two years, things at Juve seem to turn against him.

He might not win a thing here at United as we have much greater competition and budgets. Inter had one year but now have gone up in smoke and Juve seem to have faded at the same time as well, it's really up for grabs after a long stranglehold by Juve..

Last edited:

RepardReece

He won a league title in Italy and more plus got the stat of multiple leagues in different countries. if he had a crystal ball he might've left after two years, things at Juve seem to turn against him.

He might not win a thing here at United as we have much greater competition and budgets. Inter had one year but now have gone up in smoke and Juve seem to have faded at the same time as well, it's really up for grabs after a long strangled hold by Juve..
Says that as they currently sit at the top of serie A with 15 goals in 4 games.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
He wants to win things, He will stay with the GOAT and not be joining you in Serie B. Nice try.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

He might not win a thing here at United as we have much greater competition and budgets. Inter had one year but now have gone up in smoke and Juve seem to have faded at the same time as well, it's really up for grabs after a long strangled hold by Juve..
I don’t think his 3rd season is meaningless there, as he still won Italian Cup and top scorer in Serie A, and also reached his 100 goal milestone. It did somehow complete his quest of winning every trophies and players awards in Italy.

pascell

Says that as they currently sit at the top of serie A with 15 goals in 4 games.
Really boggles my mind how some form their opinions on here.

It's the exact same in the Sancho thread with people writing him off after 4 games for us, having probably not watched him much more than the odd Dortmund CL game and for England now and then.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Juventuz is not representative of the team’s Italian fans, you can have the VecchiaSignora forum for that. Our attitude is far more relaxed: the Ronaldo gamble did not pay off, he even stayed one year too many. Good luck to him at United with a win-now team, while we move on and go back to our difficult but not impossible rebuilding.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
I don’t think his 3rd season is meaningless there, as he still won Italian Cup and top scorer in Serie A, and also reached his 100 goal milestone. It did somehow complete his quest of winning every trophies and players awards in Italy.
What a monster; he's like a real life version of a FIFA videogame.

Chief123

No chance Pogba will go to Juve. Especially when they end up trophyless this season. He will certainly not want to go to a club in decline and even less chance of winning trophies in his last major move.

Pronewbie

Peep
Sure they were not managed as well over the past few years, but I think Covid 19 hit them harder than most clubs because it was exactly at that time they had their new commercial project humming along nicely and needed to further invest the incremental profits into the playing squad.

That was a real double whammy for them, unfortunately, and I believe selling Ronaldo is the right move for them because their project has been forced to massively scale down.

On the plus side, at least they're still solvent and are taking IMO the right steps to rebuild the team. Also, they are not in as much trouble as Barca. Now that was an awfully managed club.

Terry Chango

Juventuz is not representative of the team’s Italian fans, you can have the VecchiaSignora forum for that. Our attitude is far more relaxed: the Ronaldo gamble did not pay off, he even stayed one year too many. Good luck to him at United with a win-now team, while we move on and go back to our difficult but not impossible rebuilding.
What does this mean Bepi ?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
For Juventus rebuilding is less difficult than is being made out.

Yes, in recent years, some of the decisions from the boardroom have been strange: Allegri to Sarri to Pirlo shows, in my opinion, very little thought about the direction Juve wants to take. All three coaches play in vastly different ways, ways that Juventus' squad probably is not best assembled to play.

However, Juve is still Juve. There are enough good players in the Juventus squad to start a new cycle. There just has to be the right sporting project in place, from a coaching and recruitment perspective. The squad needs refreshing if Juventus wants to keep up with how Serie A has changed in recent seasons, especially now Ronaldo is gone. However, Juve can build around players like Chiesa and Locatelli. I know that some players, like Rugani and Kulusevski, maybe have not made the progress many Bianconeri would have hoped. Still, its still possible for them to have good careers if the style is changed to suit them. The older generation probably needs to be filed out so younger, fitter players can part of the story.

For me, Juve was always at its best when it played with energy. I remember Lippi's teams being so hard working. It was as if Lippi took everything from Sacchi and made it better. Conte's Juve was also very intense. For me, Allegri is a very reactive coach. I understand that because of the age of some of Juve's senior players. It would be silly to try and make older guys play very intense football, this was the problem for Pirlo. However, Juve is suffering because it took the easy option.

To cope with the age of the squad Juve went for Sarri, thinking it could keep the older players if it changed to a deliberate, very possession based game that made the ball do the work. The idea, clearly, was changing the coach is cheaper than changing the players. That's where it went wrong. It was right to get rid of Allegri but he should've been accompanied by many older players. Get a new coach, get a different age profile in the squad. Angelli ducked the decision, and he's ducked it again by going back to Allegri. However, when the decision is made I think Juve will get back to the top quickly. It won't take many years like it has for Milan and ourselves at Man Utd.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Juventus should rise to the top again because nobody else looks like they're building anything substantial. Inter, AC and maybe Napoli and Roma may enjoy some success but it's coming because Juventus are rebuilding.

None of the other teams look like they're building squads that could dominate and Juve will be able to hoover up the top talent in the league.

Whether they'll be able to build a team that can win the Champions League is another question.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Weird considering every other report that comes out, including from his own family, states the opposite

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Nobody at Juve really cares any more. United fans should be more interested in this article because he is being with you for the next 24-36 months, and dynamics will be probably similar if United does not win any major silverware in that window.

What does this mean Bepi ?
Are you kidding me? With the team you have right now, you just have to win the PL or the CL in the next couple of years, and Ronaldo as a footballer (with all the media circus he attracts) just comes in with that expectation.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Whether they'll be able to build a team that can win the Champions League is another question.
We have not the financial power and / or the right surrounding environment (aka a modern, attractive league commanding big money we could use to buy superstars) to plan for winning the Champions League. I highly doubt anyone can, apart of PSG and City right now?

Juve can surely plan to make the QFs a number of years again, like in our 2014-2018 most recent peak, and hope to hit the jackpot once, but the gap is pretty wide right now and widening. Ceferin won a major battle against the SuperLeague, I am not sure his alliance with PSG is "for the masses", though. With England going away with its massive Premier League product, EU football can just s*ck PSG's oils... until the WC 2022 sportwashing event??

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Weird how the past keeps scoring and you're in the relegation zone.
I'm sure it's already on the radar but that account is fairly consistently making unhelpful jibes and childish posts at the moment. Don't think I expect a promotion anytime soon!

Teja

We have not the financial power and / or the right surrounding environment (aka a modern, attractive league commanding big money we could use to buy superstars) to plan for winning the Champions League. I highly doubt anyone can, apart of PSG and City right now?

Juve can surely plan to make the QFs a number of years again, like in our 2014-2018 most recent peak, and hope to hit the jackpot once, but the gap is pretty wide right now and widening. Ceferin won a major battle against the SuperLeague, I am not sure his alliance with PSG is "for the masses", though. With England going away with its massive Premier League product, EU football can just s*ck PSG's oils... until the WC 2022 sportwashing event??
Yup, you took a shot at the CL and it didn't work, fair play there. It did seem like Juve timed it right - Barca / Real dominance was fading, Bayern were sort of good but weren't world beaters.

I have no doubts that Juve will be the dominant team in the Italian league again. Inter have already fallen apart already and the rest can't really match Juve's money. Unfortunately for most non oil clubs, a couple of deals gone wrong means no success for 3-4 years. We had to deal with that with the DDG, Sanchez contracts, Arsenal with Pepe etc.

Given the CL dream is gone, getting the Ronaldo contract off the books and rebuilding for a year or two makes sense.

mu4c_20le

I'm sure it's already on the radar but that account is fairly consistently making unhelpful jibes and childish posts at the moment. Don't think I expect a promotion anytime soon!
He's not that far off tbf. Ronaldo will be the past soon, and the future is clearly Bernardeschi, who can finally play without the shackles

Status
Not open for further replies.