Donkai Havertz | Arsenal Watch

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Poor finisher, but I absolutely loved his performance today.
Interesting. With the lack of striker at Chelsea you would think more goals this season should come from him

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
His physicality impressed me the most. Won a lot of aerial duels. But yes, his goal scoring needs a huge improvement. Had to bury that chance at the end.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Interesting. With the lack of striker at Chelsea you would think more goals this season should come from him
I hope so. It’s a big season for him. He’s been great in periods, a couple of purple patches here and there. It’s time to see some consistency from him now.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I dunno, I saw a very good performance from him today, I may be wrong but I think he won most of his aerial duels in a very physical game and in between the lines he seemed to get the better of a lot of the Spurs players on the ground. Of course he has got to finish that chance he got, but all round, I was very impressed. Seems to me he is a young player who is playing a tough position and doing 8/10 of the things required of him to a high level.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Generally excellent today but absolutely should have scored. Put himself about to an extent that we haven't seen often - if he brings that level of physicality regularly the goals will come.

An absolute pressing monster though along with the rest of our front line. For the whole first half Spurs had no chance of building anything.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
If he is Chelsea's main attacker this season, they aren't going anywhere.

The kid is good, works hard but lacks a lot of cutting edge. Chelsea badley needs forwards.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Thought he was brilliant today, that errant finish aside. Otherwise he was everywhere and just oozed class.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
If he is Chelsea's main attacker this season, they aren't going anywhere.

The kid is good, works hard but lacks a lot of cutting edge. Chelsea badley needs forwards.
I don't know. For me, he seems a player that has fundermentally had to change his game to suit the PL. I mean seriously, how many players have we seen come from Germany in the past 4-5 years and not been able to deal with the high tempo of the PL? For me, he seems to be someone who has understood this and changed his game/position as required.

To some extent, I feel he gets criterism because of his end product rather than his overall game. Today, and to be fair in the second half of last season, I saw a young player (I think he is still 23 or younger) who has shown a lot of class in a lot of aspects that two years ago he wasn't known for. That for me shows a player who is keen to develop and adjust to his environment. Imo, he has the potential to explode at some point because if he learns to take his good chances/get a few more goals, he quickly be seen as the poster boy for the modern false 9.

TheLord

I have always thought Havertz was trash and unsuitable for the PL but that miss aside, his performance yesterday was very good. He always looked like a meek player with a poor physical presence but his performance yesterday was anything but.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Generally excellent today but absolutely should have scored. Put himself about to an extent that we haven't seen often - if he brings that level of physicality regularly the goals will come.

An absolute pressing monster though along with the rest of our front line. For the whole first half Spurs had no chance of building anything.
Not if he finishes like he did for that chance!!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Step 1 - shave your head
Step 2 - grow a hobo beard
Step 3 - master the dead-eyed look
Step 4 - start scoring some fecking goals

Grim&Gritty Kai Havertz reboot

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Yep true enough! Still though if he gets himself into those areas he'll accidentally score a few you'd think.
Yeah, I'd agree with that!

Thought you guys looked very impressive yesterday, workrate in those conditions was extraordinary.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I have always thought Havertz was trash and unsuitable for the PL but that miss aside, his performance yesterday was very good. He always looked like a meek player with a poor physical presence but his performance yesterday was anything but.
:lol: Trash? His talent has never been in doubt.

I saw people saying Chelsea should sell him this summer, which was laughable.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, I'd agree with that!

Thought you guys looked very impressive yesterday, workrate in those conditions was extraordinary.
Yeah it was a great performance overall - and as you say it was hugely impressive to outwork a Conte side that comprehensively. Glad to see our new signings bedding in - Koulibaly was excellent all match even aside from the goal.

Chief123

Is Havertz getting a free ride? He was a big money signing in a deal worth over £70m when we signed Sancho at the same time. He scored a big goal in the UCL final. But I've honestly not seen anything from this guy every time I watch Chelsea. At what point does he get regarded as an expensive failure? He clearly isn't a striker and can't perform there as the main man. Chelsea don't play a no.10 which is where Havertz is supposed to be best. But even so, I don't know what this guy is offering that any average player in the prem can offer. He never grabs the game by the scruff of the neck and doesn't pop up with crucial goals enough.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
All that money spent that summer and Thiago Silva at 35+ on a free has turned out better than any of them

Chief123

Is Havertz getting a free ride? He was a big money signing in a deal worth over £70m when we signed Sancho at the same time. He scored a big goal in the UCL final. But I've honestly not seen anything from this guy every time I watch Chelsea. At what point does he get regarded as an expensive failure? He clearly isn't a striker and can't perform there as the main man. Chelsea don't play a no.10 which is where Havertz is supposed to be best. But even so, I don't know what this guy is offering that any average player in the prem can offer. He never grabs the game by the scruff of the neck and doesn't pop up with crucial goals enough.
I genuinely don't mean this post as a wum.

I watch my fair share of chelsea games. Probably 60-70% of games like the other big teams. And I rarely come to the conclusion that Havertz was great that game. In fact, most games I genuinely don't realise he's even playing. He just seems a pretty bland player.

Chelsea fans, am I totally missing something?

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Well two years on since came to pl. Third year for him. If he failed to get 10 goal 10 assist minimum this season then will be regarded as below average. But I think he will get there. As of now he is just average and have to prove his worth. I think he will get 15+ goal season

Have huge potential but still young though. This season he has to up the game for sure.

Chief123

I seem to be seeing the same as some Chelsea fans though like below? What am I missing?

Well two years on since came to pl. Third year for him. If he failed to get 10 goal 10 assist minimum this season then will be regarded as below average. But I think he will get there. As of now he is just average and have to prove his worth. I think he will get 15+ goal season

Have huge potential but still young though. This season he has to up the game for sure.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Everyone got giddy over Havertz, Warner and Lukaku as if they'd catapult Chelsea to titles.
Two of them gone as underwhelming signings and surely Havertz hasn't been much better.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
And we won the Champions League, with them both playing a huge role.

I'd still make those deals (not Lukaku), knowing what we know now.
You get these anomalies at times for sure.
But as a body of work your transfers haven't been great. Not as poor as ours but not this beacon of how to do it like many on the cafe would have people believe.

Chief123

This guy is a complete myth. Every time I watch chelsea I make a special effort to keep an eye on him. He is such a nothing player. He’s adding even more weight to the notion that Bundesliga is a farmers league. He was one of the best talents they had at the time.

He reminds me of Dele Alli in his prime where he would get goals and assists but you couldn’t tell what he was actually good at. Well Havertz is the same but without the goals and assists. He’s living off a UCL final goal.

Chelsea are absolutely fecked this season if he is their main strike option.

marktan

This guy is a complete myth. Every time I watch chelsea I make a special effort to keep an eye on him. He is such a nothing player. He’s adding even more weight to the notion that Bundesliga is a farmers league. He was one of the best talents they had at the time.

He reminds me of Dele Alli in his prime where he would get goals and assists but you couldn’t tell what he was actually good at. Well Havertz is the same but without the goals and assists. He’s living off a UCL final goal.

Chelsea are absolutely fecked this season if he is their main strike option.
That's a bit harsh because they're playing him as a striker, which he is not. The Dele Alli comparison is good though - he's more like a second striker that drifts in. I do think he is good, can create and finish, but not to a level where he can be the focal point like say De Bruyne or Hazard. He needs to play on the RW again and have a better striker and LW next to him, and either Kante to heal his legs or Mount to find some form.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I made that comparison the very first time I saw him and a few of his fans went rabid

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Not that I rate him very highly but it would help if he's played in his actual favourite position as an 8. Mount is preferred over him but it's no point having him play as a winger or striker. Either as a CAM or a CM in a 4-3-3.

Chief123

Not that I rate him very highly but it would help if he's played in his actual favourite position as an 8. Mount is preferred over him but it's no point having him play as a winger or striker. Either as a CAM or a CM in a 4-3-3.
Chelsea might as well sell him then because Tuchel doesn’t play an 8 or a 10. He’s an expensive asset trying to be shoehorned into the team.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Chelsea might as well sell him then because Tuchel doesn’t play an 8 or a 10. He’s an expensive asset trying to be shoehorned into the team.
Doesn't Mount play as an 8 though? I thought he was best when playing with a striker and bring allowed to roam the pitch a bit, rather than being the final point of attack.