Donkai Havertz | Arsenal Watch

edcunited1878

No excuses now for Lampard...still going to get a new GK and maybe a CB. No excuses. Should be able to close the gap on 2nd place, but will have to mould the team shape and get players to buy into the squad...they won't all be getting their time on the pitch. The more central Havertz plays, the better he'll be for Chelsea.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Proper balls to the wall shit from Chelsea.

Worrying for us. Put simply, they finished level on points with us and have since signed what, 6 players(?)

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Great signing, we're seeing a new breed of goal scoring #10s as the position is having a rebirth with more modern managers switching from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1.

el3mel

That has been an incredible market for Chelsea. They should be pushing forward to challenge next season.

Remember the geese

6 points ahead of our pre-Bruno team, level on points at the season's end. Have they closed the gap on us this Summer? Yep. Though I'd also like to think a full season without James, Mata, Lingard and Pereira as first teamers will leave us at worst Chelsea's equal.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Blekh. Sad to see him leave the league. All I can for is that he and Werner do well but the rest of the team remains crap and Chelsea don't win the league.

adamwest

Really know feck all about the guy but the hype is severe. Must be pretty good.

Let's do our business now and get Sancho signed.

izec

:mad:

what a transfer, lucky bastards. In a couple of years, we will all ask ourselves how did he end up at Chelsea without competition. I know because of Covid, but still, more top clubs should have been in for him.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
No excuses now for Lampard...still going to get a new GK and maybe a CB. No excuses. Should be able to close the gap on 2nd place, but will have to mould the team shape and get players to buy into the squad...they won't all be getting their time on the pitch. The more central Havertz plays, the better he'll be for Chelsea.
Doubt they'll get another CB. They already got Thiago Silva.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It's been a mad window when I can't quite decide which signing excites me the most.

yamo123x

Rent boys making a push improving their team. Whereas we are dithering again

GenZRed

Chelsea can push for a title challenge next season if things fall into play for them.

Pennywise

Cracking signing and fair play to Chelsea. Some outstanding business this summer. Lampard has to get very close to second or he's done

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
So I’m gonna say normally he would be a guaranteed starter but given how the fixture list is so congested, I think he will rotate with Mount during this season.

ST:Werner/Giroud/Abraha
LW: Pulisic/CHO/werner/Mount/RLC
RW: Ziyech/CHO/Havertz
AM: Mount/Havertz/Ziyech
CM: Kante/Kovacic/RLC/Jorginho/Barkley/Gilmour/Ampadu

I think he will actually go 4-2-3-1 given how the shape of the squad is now looking. Ziyech is definitely the key buy out of everyone, his passing will be used to break down the Brighton’s and the burnleys of the league who want 10 men behind the ball.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
But he's only on a 1 year deal until June 2021. He's a bridge for their next CB and is buying them time to buy a player. He's a good leader at the back to go along with Azpilicueta.
It doesn't make sense to me to get Thiago Silva if they were looking to buy another CB this window, if they were going to spend big on a CB when they already have numbers in Zouma, Christensen, Tomori & Rüdiger at a decent level i doubt they would have gotten Silva at all.

I don't doubt they will buy a CB next summer or the one after, but for now I think they are done with CB additions to the squad.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Outstanding business getting him on a free transfer, I actually read Leverkusen gave Chelsea a backhander for taking him as well

Marina :drool::drool::drool:

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
It doesn't make sense to me to get Thiago Silva if they were looking to buy another CB this window, if they were going to spend big on a CB when they already have numbers in Zouma, Christensen, Tomori & Rüdiger at a decent level i doubt they would have gotten Silva at all.

I don't doubt they will buy a CB next summer or the one after, but for now I think they are done with CB additions to the squad.
Yeah only thing to do at this point is add a goalkeeper. Next summer is when we'll go for a CB; wouldn't be surprised if Upamecano is the priority.

Dan_F

:mad:

what a transfer, lucky bastards. In a couple of years, we will all ask ourselves how did he end up at Chelsea without competition. I know because of Covid, but still, more top clubs should have been in for him.
In fairness, we just signed an attacking midfielder, for less, in the last window. I’d be surprised if he puts up Bruno levels in his first six months.

You can’t say anything other than fair play to Chelsea for those transfers. They clearly went into the window with a plan, knowing that Willian, Pedro were leaving, and upgraded them massively.

Whether all those new players can gel in time to push for a title this season, especially with no pre season, will be interesting. Lampard will have a job on his hands keeping all those attackers happy for sure. There will be less rest in between, but no more games than usual, so I doubt the likes of CHO will be happy playing 15/20 games.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Kicker is talking about a total package from 100m Euros, while the sources in England are writing about a even smaller fee than Kepa, even with add-ons.

Sounds like the reporters from each country got their sources from their club in the country, so it will look like a good deal for both sides. In Germany they are trusting their sources and the same in England with their sources.

TsuWave

At first glance £71M looks a good deal since I saw reports Leverkusen wanted at least €100M.

Hopefully he flops.