Donkai Havertz | Arsenal Watch

TheLord

feck me, thought I was reading Top Gear for a second!

He was way off the pace today but Chelsea were outplayed. Going to take time to find their best formation and stick to it. Frank will need to find some balls to keep players on the bench for these type of games
I wouldn't conclude anything from that Chelsea performance today. They were pretty tight at the back in the first 45 mins - I don't think Liverpool had single 'proper' chance. After the red card, it was men vs boys.
A deserved loss for Frank. The team tactic was too cowardly. It almost felt he was playing for a 0-0.

Charles Miller

Starting to look like Aubameyang thread in his first months in the EPL, when apparently he was a flop.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Would've been better off signing Grealish. He's really just a poor man's Ziyech.
Ziyech also wouldn't have done shit with this approach.

Even Hazard struggled when we set up in a shithouse way like this.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Needs to show better commitment doesn't he. He knew the move was happening, he should've been working, doing his homework on Chelsea, keeping sharp and fit.
I don't know what you think he should be doing. He took a well earned break from football. He's not turned up unfit or overweight. He's just not anywhere near match-fit.

RooneyLegend

But, but the Sancho thread told me that if they play in Germany they will 100% to it in the prem...

All jokes aside it is too early to tell.
I just wish people would start judging players as individuals as opposed to which league they play and all that other stuff.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He spent a couple of days with the national team, sat on the bench for one game and then allowed to miss the rest of the international period to complete his move. He's hardly kicked a ball in anger since Leverkusen lost to Inter.
Ah, So he has trained with his national team, and with Chelsea, before he made his debut....

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Starting to look like Aubameyang thread in his first months in the EPL, when apparently he was a flop.
Didn't Aubameyang score a hat trick on his debut? Was against Everton or am I imagining that?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Ah, So he has trained with his national team, and with Chelsea, before he made his debut....
I mean he trained mostly on his own while Chelsea players returned from international duty. If you think a couple of training sessions here and there scattered across different countries with several days in between is enough to get someone match-fit, fair enough, but I can't agree.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I don't know what you think he should be doing. He took a well earned break from football. He's not turned up unfit or overweight. He's just not anywhere near match-fit.
:wenger:

Of course he needs time to adjust, and Liverpool isn't exactly an easy game so early into your PL career.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I just wish people would start judging players as individuals as opposed to which league they play and all that other stuff.
Ain't going to happen on here.

You're pretty shit even if you're playing for a lower league PL team. I still get cold shivers when Mane was suggested on here and the comments were," needs to go elsewhere first, not ready for a big move" " Plays for Southampton..."

Guess where he did go to.

Champ

I mean he trained mostly on his own while Chelsea players returned from international duty. If you think a couple of training sessions here and there scattered across different countries with several days in between is enough to get someone match-fit, fair enough, but I can't agree.
Being match fit or not does not excuse some of the passing he has shown so far.
I'm sure he'll get better, but let's be honest it hasn't been a great start for him.
Also, if he isn't match fit, why is Lampard starting hIm??

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I'm sure he'll get better, but let's be honest it hasn't been a great start for him.
He was poor at Brighton but i can't blame him for today, even peak Hazard struggled in tactical set up's like this.

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I only watched the first 30 minutes of the Chelsea game but I thought he did pretty well given the opponent. Had a few good touches and was involved in the few counter attacks Chelsea had. Don´t know what people were expecting of him today tbh. Not really much more he could´ve done.

Champ

He was poor at Brighton but i can't blame him for today, even peak Hazard struggled in tactical set up's like this.
You're right, Was a strange setup by Lampard today, he could be what holds these new signings back if he carries in with these strange decisions.

Suedesi

Oh sweet summer child..

Hahaha - although to be fair, I'd question the accuracy/precision of all wearables. I get various readings GPS/Heart rata data when I go on a jog from my Apple Watch, Strava, and Polar HR monitor. They're all within +- 5% of each other which seems too imprecise.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He's had one wayward pass in the Brighton game, which has turned into a meme. Admittedly some very funny ones, but other than that he's been okay, unremarkable, but just okay. I don't think his passing has been an issue, he's just not been involved in the games enough, very passive. Contrast that with Werner who, despite having not scored yet, looks very aggressive and extremely threatening in both games.

I have said somewhere in this thread or the Chelsea thread, that Havertz has kind of been put in a difficult situation and has been asked to perform in unfavourable conditions and that's not fair. In hindsight, he should probably have been held back until he's at least somewhat up to speed but injuries to both Pulisic and Ziyech may have forced his hand.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Can't really judge a player based on 2 games. As with pretty much all new signings he deserves a year.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
Didn't Aubameyang score a hat trick on his debut? Was against Everton or am I imagining that?
Aubameyang was a much better and reliable player in the Bundesliga when he left Dortmund. So Havertz' struggles are not very surprising to me. He's still a player who disappears for stretches of a game before he graces his team with one of his brilliant individual contributions. He lacks consistency and the drive and physicality to contribute at a high level from beginning to end. Some players never develop that physicality and hunger in their game which is why Havertz is a bit of a gamble and project but if he does you can't deny his world-class potential.

Chelsea fans mocked us as sore losers when we told them that we didn't need Havertz and that the time-line this summer simply didn't make sense for us with Müller just having turned 31 but the evidence is right there. He's a player with tremendous upside who has to get a whole lot better and more consistent to turn into a star player.

If he does we're certainly going to regret not takign the risk or accelerating our time-line. Or maybe not. We'll see.

starman

Abraham and him seem to link up really well. Interesting see if it continues in the next PL games, because Werner is actually best played on the left

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seems like he's found his level lads ;)

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
1st and 3rd goal are great. Damn kid could crack a smile at scoring a hattrick :)

Chief123

Just saw Havertz got a hat-trick and then checked the highlights.

My goodness Barnsley were worse than a Pub team. The state of those goals. You could drive a truck with 3 flat tyres through that defence.

Twitter now believes Havertz is world class. :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Good preseason game. Just what the doctor ordered.

Valencia Shin Crosses

From just watching him in limited action with Chelsea, he definitely seems like a floaty type moments player. Feels like it's much harder to build a team around that these days with how important pressing from the front and having hardworking midfielders is (see Pogba, Paul).

Again it's a snap judgement that I could change at any time, hell maybe it was just nerves and him being played in a weird spot.

RoyH1

This thread is pretty comical considering that in his second game in England he gets a hattrick. Just imagine the kind of platitudes we'd bestow on a player if he did that for us.

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
Forgot what a miserable looking c*nt he is :lol: .
Lamps should play him as a 10, or at least an 8 soon. He is much more dangerous in the centre. Maybe 4-2-3-1 next game with Werner/Mount as wingers?

Classical Mechanic

This thread is pretty comical considering that in his second game in England he gets a hattrick. Just imagine the kind of platitudes we'd bestow on a player if he did that for us.
It's his 3rd game but then it's the 4th round of the League Cup against a Championship side that were promoted from League One last season and have lost their first two games of the season without scoring.

At least we know he'd boss it at League One level!

On the basis of last night Werner should be dropped for Tammy straight away. He and Havertz had a brilliant understanding.